Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.... It was a good run

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

I will be in approx 9 months. She swears it is. I've been very adamant about this all things considered.
    100% sure this is your kid. Make damn sure. Maybe she hopes to hell it is yours.

Aren't you around 50? If you are, when the kid hits the teen age years, you will have to deal with this shit when you are in your mid to late 60's.

Anyway GL vegas.

Marriage & kids are a wonderful thing.

So we are told.
    Thank you, and yes, I'm close to 50.

Truth of the matter is I've been thinking I want to have children within 5 years. In my mind, considering my age anything beyond 5 years wouldn't really be all that fair to a child as far as the chance of having a father around for a good portion of their life. I lost my dad 7 years ago and it definitely made me reconsider my thought process when it came to this.

Granted, I didn't expect it to go down like this, but that's life obv.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    3 questions:

1) How old is she? You said you've known her for 10 years, so she couldn't be that young, unless you're a pedo and we never realized it. If she's 40+, the chance of miscarriage is high, though such a miscarriage will usually happen within 4 weeks of knocking her up.

2) Follow up question: How long ago did you impregnate her? I'm not asking for that "weeks pregnant" nonsense which isn't really accurate. I'm asking when the date of conception was, or at least approximate.

3) Is it confirmed you are going to 100% definitely take a paternity test?

On the bright side, if her father has a PhD, that raises the chances that the kid is going to be smart.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    3 questions:

1) How old is she? You said you've known her for 10 years, so she couldn't be that young, unless you're a pedo and we never realized it. If she's 40+, the chance of miscarriage is high, though such a miscarriage will usually happen within 4 weeks of knocking her up.

31. I've known her since she was 21, we worked together. I didn't ask her out until this year.

2) Follow up question: How long ago did you impregnate her? I'm not asking for that "weeks pregnant" nonsense which isn't really accurate. I'm asking when the date of conception was, or at least approximate.

Approx 4 to 5 weeks.

3) Is it confirmed you are going to 100% definitely take a paternity test?

Yes, non invasive prenatal can be done after 8 weeks. Been looking into this. She's perfectly fine with it. We are both no angels.

On the bright side, if her father has a PhD, that raises the chances that the kid is going to be smart.

She was adopted...lol. She's no dummie though, defintely intelligent.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 12-24-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So she's 31, and pregnant for about 4-5 weeks already?

Yeah, chances are the kid is being carried to term. After about another month, chances will be significantly higher, and by late February, it's almost a lock the baby will be born.

I did not know they could do a non-invasive paternity test during pregnancy. Interesting.

If you were informed tomorrow of a miscarriage, would you be happy, sad, or have mixed feelings? Let's assume the miscarriage was from natural causes and occurred because the baby couldn't be carried to term, so there wouldn't be a factor of feeling bad for the child-to-be not making it. I'm just asking from the standpoint if you would be happy for this to be over with no impact to your life, or if you've invested your emotions into being a father and would be saddened by that failing to happen.

Load Metric

Yeah, chances are the kid is being carried to term. After about another month, chances will be significantly higher, and by late February, it's almost a lock the baby will be born.

I did not know they could do a non-invasive paternity test during pregnancy. Interesting.

If you were informed tomorrow of a miscarriage, would you be happy, sad, or have mixed feelings? Let's assume the miscarriage was from natural causes and occurred because the baby couldn't be carried to term, so there wouldn't be a factor of feeling bad for the child-to-be not making it. I'm just asking from the standpoint if you would be happy for this to be over with no impact to your life, or if you've invested your emotions into being a father and would be saddened by that failing to happen.
    That's literally changing daily. Had you asked me that question 2 days ago my answer would have been different. I'm quickly becoming emotionally invested for several reasons. At this point I'd lean more to the side of being upset about it.

As far as the non invasive... Still reading up on it and will make the calls starting Tuesday. Apparantly it's possible to do through blood tests, but that seems to be something new and maybe not available here or just bullshit.

Load Metric
    been a crazy year for you

became a multi millionaire ‘overnight’ , to losing half of all your shit on another

Congrats my dude

Load Metric

That's literally changing daily. Had you asked me that question 2 days ago my answer would have been different. I'm quickly becoming emotionally invested for several reasons. At this point I'd lean more to the side of being upset about it.

As far as the non invasive... Still reading up on it and will make the calls starting Tuesday. Apparantly it's possible to do through blood tests, but that seems to be something new and maybe not available here or just bullshit.
    According to my sister who is an OBGYN there is no non invasive paternity test until the baby is born. She says there are risks as high as 1/200 chance of miscarriage to do an in utero paternity test. 1/200 odds seem shitty and not worth it to me. Maybe just trust the girl it's yours and roll with it until the baby is born. My sis is not a geneticist or expert on paternity tests so she said there could be a way she isn't aware of.

Most men don't get that invested in a child until the baby is born, maybe you're different and very paternal but I didn't develop a significant bond with my son until a couple months after birth.

Comments

Tellafriend: he's already being lied to, lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

According to my sister who is an OBGYN there is no non invasive paternity test until the baby is born. She says there are risks as high as 1/200 chance of miscarriage to do an in utero paternity test. 1/200 odds seem shitty and not worth it to me. Maybe just trust the girl it's yours and roll with it until the baby is born. My sis is not a geneticist or expert on paternity tests so she said there could be a way she isn't aware of
    What I was talking about seems to be somewhat new, or like I said, just bs. I was afraid of that.

I would not do anything that would pose a risk, so if that's the case it looks like I might not get that warm and fuzzy 100% it's mine feeling for a while now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    been a crazy year for you

became a multi millionaire ‘overnight’ , to losing half of all your shit on another

Congrats my dude
    LOL... Thanks Willie!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

According to my sister who is an OBGYN there is no non invasive paternity test until the baby is born. She says there are risks as high as 1/200 chance of miscarriage to do an in utero paternity test. 1/200 odds seem shitty and not worth it to me. Maybe just trust the girl it's yours and roll with it until the baby is born. My sis is not a geneticist or expert on paternity tests so she said there could be a way she isn't aware of
    What I was talking about seems to be somewhat new, or like I said, just bs. I was afraid of that.

I would not do anything that would pose a risk, so if that's the case it looks like I might not get that warm and fuzzy 100% it's mine feeling for a while now.
    If it helps I didn't get any real warm and fuzzy feeling until my son started smiling at me. While my wife was pregnant I felt it was my job to support her and make her life and mood swings easy but had we lost the baby I wouldn't have lost sleep. My bond at 5 months is enormous now and I'd take a bullet for my son in a second. I bet your lady is telling the truth and it's yours. She would likely have the timing pretty darn close.

Comments

varys: Great, accurate post.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    well shit.. GG dude

Comments

dwai: had to be said

SysOp: How is this not getting green'd up?

Load Metric
    Tight autism.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I can see your all in but...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Tight autism.
    Tight 2011 era skatz trolling

Was a legit question and vegas himself admitted he's wavered back and forth on this, so gtfo

Load Metric

jesus christ you ask the weirdest shit. I swear to fuck you must be a robot sent from the future with a mission to collect info on humans to ensure the terminators get the job done this time

Comments

gimmick: really just common sense to ask this stuff

dwai:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

jesus christ you ask the weirdest shit. I swear to fuck you must be a robot sent from the future with a mission to collect info on humans to ensure the terminators get the job done this time
    Nothing weird about it. The guy knocked up a woman accidentally and clearly seemed to have mixed feelings about it. Seemed to be a combination of "Yay I'm gonna finally be a dad" and "Oh fuck I didn't want it to happen this way, and maybe not with this particular girl".

So I asked him whether he would be relieved or sad if it turned out the pregnancy had no chance of succeeding and ended very quickly. Some guys would be ecstatic in this situation, others depressed.

Load Metric
    Totally normal to ask an expectant father if he wants his kid to be a miscarriage. This is very normal and something normal people ask.

Comments

nunbeater: sorry mate what was I thinking

Muck Ficon: Lol

Gold
    Load Metric
    Druff please post your questions to Vegas as a hypothetical on your Facebook and report back the responses you get.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Looks like I knocked up a cocktail waitress.

GG

It's a Christmas miracle!!

Are you interested in said waitress for the long term?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

Nothing weird about it. The guy knocked up a woman accidentally and clearly seemed to have mixed feelings about it. Seemed to be a combination of "Yay I'm gonna finally be a dad" and "Oh fuck I didn't want it to happen this way, and maybe not with this particular girl".

So I asked him whether he would be relieved or sad if it turned out the pregnancy had no chance of succeeding and ended very quickly. Some guys would be ecstatic in this situation, others depressed.
    Lol, so socially awkward
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information