Thread: Educator or Pyscho you decide

Load Metric

Educator or Pyscho you decide

My wife and I were watching some friends’ kids last night so they could go out. The kids are 11 and 9 (almost 10). I contend that what transpired last night was a better education than what they received in school all year. The wife says I am a pyscho. You decide....

We finished dinner and some other friends and neighbors have been bringing us Christmas treats and we had this cake/pie combo thing and there was enough left for basically one and a half slices but not really two full slices.

I have heard a few times recently the one cuts and one picks idea, but I decided to take this to a new level and introduce some game theory. So I handed out the knife to the oldest and said, “you cut and your brother picks which piece he wants. If your brother picks the bigger piece and can’t finish it then you get the rest of his and his dessert for the next week. If you cut them as close to even as possible, then no special rules.”

The oldest sat and thought for like two minutes and the younger one started to get really anxious. The older one eventually decided to cut them evenly and they were both happy.

About 30 Minutes later the older one comes in while I am watching Netflix and says, “do you want to know why I cut it in half?” I said sure.

He goes, “well there was only two choices cut it evenly or give him all the cake, but he didn’t eat breakfast and only had a small lunch, and didn’t eat the crust off his grilled cheese.” Then he leaned in and whispered, “next time we come over though I am going to make sure he eats a lot!”

I was so damn impressed told my wife the story and she called me a pyscho. Told my buddy whose kids we were watching (fellow card player) and he died laughing.

So should we be teaching game theory to kids this young? I was so impressed I said we should have him start dealing our home game and that obviously didn’t go over well with the wives.

I am still claiming my educator of the year title though.

Comments

splitthis: If you keep that up, those kids will grow to be LolWow

The_Lurker: doing gods work

gimmick:

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I agree fatten her up so she's unattractive in high school. The only chance of fail is she gets fat in the way that only black guys like so be careful.

Load Metric
    OMG they aren't your kids? You did that to your friends kids? You are sick in the head. Well not as sick as your friends for lettting their kids stay with someone that posts at PFA.

Load Metric
    If the parents get all uppity about the future eating disorder of their daughter tell them to cool their jets and remind them that most kids that stay at members of PFA's houses get raped or worse to kinda put things into perspective for them.

Load Metric
    So you played games with other peoples children, I am sure you will be a great father. Further on the kid isn't all that bright to be honest, my own nephew would have known there was no way you could have enforced the rules after his parents arrived home so no fear of cutting a bigger slice.

The kid is of average intelligence and apparently a pussy for thinking anything you thought mattered once gone. What your friend needs to do is sit his son down and ask why in the world did you think uncle so and so could enforce a punishment after he left.

Come to think of it you're no brighter than the kid for thinking you could.

Smartest one in that house at that time was your wife.

Load Metric
    So instead of teaching the kids to be fair to their siblings, you taught them how to try to intentionally screw over the other for their own benefit. You're neither an educator nor a psycho. Closer to 'kind of an asshole,' in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Smartest one in that house at that time was your wife.

Thread Information