Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio canceled for 12/20/2017 - possible makeup radio this weekend

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Radio canceled for 12/20/2017 - possible makeup radio this weekend

Despite PFA trolls claiming that I am always sick, I only missed one radio show in 2017 due to illness. That was in July. (Look it up!)

I even bragged about this on the last radio, noting that the 46 weeks of 2017 radio was the most we've ever done, with only 1 week missed due to illness, 4 weeks missed due to vacation, and one due to a heavy WSOP schedule.

Make that 45 weeks.

I woke up on Sunday with a horrendous sore throat which has not yet subsided.

There will be no radio until it totally clears. I've had this exact type of sore throat a few other times in my life, and it tends to take 7-10 days to clear (usually they go away in a day, but not this type). So it's likely there will be no radio this week, but I will do a makeup show on Friday or Saturday if somehow it recovers by then.

I actually had some blood in my throat this morning (!!), but I believe it was due to extreme dryness here (combined with my throat being irritated anyway) rather than anything concerning.

Load Metric
    Super-AIDS confirmed. RIP Druff. Site will continue to operate at a loss without you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Despite PFA trolls claiming that I am always sick, I only missed one radio show in 2017 due to illness. That was in July. (Look it up!)

I even bragged about this on the last radio, noting that the 46 weeks of 2017 radio was the most we've ever done, with only 1 week missed due to illness, 4 weeks missed due to vacation, and one due to a heavy WSOP schedule.

Make that 45 weeks.

There will be no radio until it totally clears. I've had this exact type of sore throat a few other times in my life, and it tends to take 7-10 days to clear (usually they go away in a day, but not this type). So it's likely there will be no radio this week, but I will do a makeup show on Friday or Saturday if somehow it recovers by then.

I actually had some blood in my throat this morning (!!), but I believe it was due to extreme dryness here (combined with my throat being irritated anyway) rather than anything concerning.

Todd, I will be around on and off all day today and all day tomorrow.

I set up team viewer so if we can find a time that works and you can set up that sound card I bought from you (that had no instructions!!!), I’ll be glad to do a real life fraud show with a free roll, gambling, and talk about the neutrality of the net.

GS

zOd

Comments

Sanlmar: All I want for Christmas

IamGreek: Yes please

drufdajewgod: I would def tune and enjoy it Brandon

HoodedN: show must go on

Daniel72: nice

snowtracks: Zod

Load Metric
    Howard Stern never took a sick day in 40 years.

Some Jews are healthier than others

Comments

drufdajewgod: lmao but in Druffs defence hes on vaycay 90% of the time

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Howard Stern never took a sick day in 40 years.

Some Jews are healthier than others
    I'll show up every day if you pay me what he's making.

I'll even take his pre-Sirius salary.

Comments

Sanlmar: Touché

Load Metric
    Shouldn't you be taking a religious leave on that day anyway?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post

Make that 45 weeks.

I set up team viewer so if we can find a time that works and you can set up that sound card I bought from you (that had no instructions!!!), I’ll be glad to do a real life fraud show with a free roll, gambling, and talk about the neutrality of the net.

GS

zOd
    Why are you messing with success?

Your last show set the benchmark for technical success. 7 callers simultaneously & so smooth

Load Metric
    Throat blood is a surefire indicator of a robust immune system.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post

GS

zOd

Your last show set the benchmark for technical success. 7 callers simultaneously & so smooth
    Because it was SrslySirius' technical success, and he is going to charge Doug Polk rates to do it again.

Load Metric
    Do you eat fruits and vegetables? A good quality multivitamin will help. When you FIRST start getting throat or cold symptoms, take a vitamin c tab 500 mg and left it melt slowly on the back of your tongue. Not the chewable c, the ones you are supposed to swallow. Wait 30 mins before eating or drinking anything. Make sure you allow that tab to melt in back of tongue to spare your tooth enamel. It works like a charm for me when I first start with symptoms preventing whatever was going to develop.

Load Metric
    well if a certain someone was willing to start making 30 second custom videos for $20 each then they would be able to afford doug polk rates

Load Metric
    Druff please update your will. BW is not old enough yet and I'm worried about how many times you are sick.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Do you eat fruits and vegetables? A good quality multivitamin will help. When you FIRST start getting throat or cold symptoms, take a vitamin c tab 500 mg and left it melt slowly on the back of your tongue. Not the chewable c, the ones you are supposed to swallow. Wait 30 mins before eating or drinking anything. Make sure you allow that tab to melt in back of tongue to spare your tooth enamel. It works like a charm for me when I first start with symptoms preventing whatever was going to develop.
    I start drinking massive amounts of orange juice.

Evidence is anecdotal, but I've noticed it helps when the symptoms start off mild.

I actually hadn't had a cold since July, but then came down with one two weeks ago DURING radio. Right after radio, I drank a lot of OJ, and I continued doing so the next day. The symptoms never got particularly bad, and within about 3 days, I was mostly better. It was gone by the following week's radio.

This one showed up very strong upon awakening on Sunday -- mostly in the form of a terrible sore throat, and fatigue/body aches followed. (This is all still present.) I tried to drink the OJ but it didn't help this time.

This one also has the weird pattern of the symptoms being bad in the morning, moderating in the late afteroon and early evening, and then getting bad again late at night. This leads me to believe I'm getting better, only to disappoint me each night when things get worse again.

Except I know what to expect, because I've had this particular type about 2-3 other times in my life, the first being nearly 20 years ago. Feels almost identical to those 2-3 other times, especially with the persistent sore throat and the symptoms which subside and then return a few hours later. This repeats for about 7-10 days. It's very frustrating (this is Day #3).

That's why I could safely say that radio wouldn't happen on Wednesday, and perhaps not at all this week.

Comments

splitthis: Juice wont work, too much sugar feeds the bug, use tabs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I start drinking massive amounts of orange juice.

Evidence is anecdotal, but I've noticed it helps when the symptoms start off mild.

I actually hadn't had a cold since July, but then came down with one two weeks ago DURING radio. Right after radio, I drank a lot of OJ, and I continued doing so the next day. The symptoms never got particularly bad, and within about 3 days, I was mostly better. It was gone by the following week's radio.

This one showed up very strong upon awakening on Sunday -- mostly in the form of a terrible sore throat, and fatigue/body aches followed. (This is all still present.) I tried to drink the OJ but it didn't help this time.

This one also has the weird pattern of the symptoms being bad in the morning, moderating in the late afteroon and early evening, and then getting bad again late at night. This leads me to believe I'm getting better, only to disappoint me each night when things get worse again.

Except I know what to expect, because I've had this particular type about 2-3 other times in my life, the first being nearly 20 years ago. Feels almost identical to those 2-3 other times, especially with the persistent sore throat and the symptoms which subside and then return a few hours later. This repeats for about 7-10 days. It's very frustrating (this is Day #3).

That's why I could safely say that radio wouldn't happen on Wednesday, and perhaps not at all this week.
    There's a bad strain of the flu going around this year. Frequently drinking OJ may have some effect on a cold given that it frequently doses the throat with a mild acid, which might somewhat inhibit the life cycle of rhinoviruses, but it won't have any material affect on flu symptoms other what drinking the same amount of water does, as being dehydrated worsens the symptons and many people drink less fluids when they have a bad sore throat.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Dip a cigarette in recently cleaned and pissed in toilet, then put cig in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25-35 min (keep an eye on it, dry it out, don't burn it)

Let cig cool, make sure it's dry through.

Cut filter off (if necessary)

Smoke as fast as you can, do not breath oxygen in until you puke.

Go to bed.

Wake up with new throat.

Comments

HoodedN: And aids

Load Metric
    Drinking massive amounts of orange juice is NOT a healthy thing to do. A standard 300ml can of OJ contains as much sugar as coke does.

Comments

tigerpiper: Stupid comment. Druff drinks Pepsi.

KidPresentable: drinking sugar water > eating vegetables, duh.

Load Metric

Because it was SrslySirius' technical success, and he is going to charge Doug Polk rates to do it again.
    Doug Polk runs his site at a profit.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Doug Polk runs his site at a profit.
    And people are lining up around the block to thank him for it.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric
    I think it is funny that we are in 2017 and we still dont really know anything about the common cold. There are so many theories about diet and what not but there is no evidence that diet prevents colds. The best prevention mechanism we have is still "wash your hands."

With that said, I truly do believe that my daily Jack Daniels intake (which is enough to kill a small horse) does prevent me from getting viruses in general.
    Last edited by cmoney; 12-20-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    I think it is funny that we are in 2017 and we still dont really know anything about the common cold.
    we actually know quite a bit about the "common cold", starting with the fact that there is no "common cold." Even viruses we group together under one name, like the rhinovirus, is actually hundreds or thousands of different viruses. Not exactly a simple issue.

Thread Information