Thread: ATTENTION DREXEL - how about firing up radio for some NFL talk/predictions ?

Load Metric

ATTENTION DREXEL - how about firing up radio for some NFL talk/predictions ?

Name:  highfive.gif
Views: 354
Size:  2.59 MB

Comments

Daly: No promises- but let's just say I made a call. Maybe we get something together for SB week

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    The gif is funny because it perfectly epitomizes this thread

Comments

HoodedN: on point

Sanlmar: WP

The_Lurker:

Kuntmissioner: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    For as many degenerates as there are running around here there isn't as much focus on sports betting as there used to be.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

For as many degenerates as there are running around here there isn't as much focus on sports betting as there used to be.
    -people have grown up
    -money invested in stock market
    -money invest in crypto

or the roll is busted.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Any team based above the Mason-Dixon line will due
    go North/Vikings

Load Metric

I don’t believe this to be true. I would contend a surprising percentage of the forum follow sports and wager. Actually, it shouldn’t be a surprise. I could name all the members as I have a pretty good recall and I’ll tick them off if challenged. I can tell you their favorite teams and sports. I think most tail and lurk as the texture of the thread has changed for a few reasons.

What doesn’t happen is dialogue. Not arguments about which team is better but what their process is and why they make the picks they do. This interests me most but it gets no traction.

The guys might find it difficult to verbalize individually but in a group things might flow. I am also not sure such a thing could stand up to a multi hour show but it definitely deserves a place on the Drexel Variety Hour.

I spotted your Monmouth pick and it made me smile. 2 or 3 years ago when China actually bothered to contribute I saw him make a Bryant or Sacred Heart pick in small college football. We are taught that this is where nice edges and less sharp lines are found. Monmouth, Sacred Heart, Gonzaga, Bryant all are in the same or similar leagues. China smashed a couple of Bryant picks and I started watching the weekly coaches shows and following the players’ Twitter etc.

It was a lot of work but my son was playing some of these schools occasionally so I had added interest. Things worked out extremely well. I’ve gotten lazy recently.

I am amused by Druff’s references to sharp action. We can discuss this. I contend there is an undoing of the spread between “sharps” and the public. There is line action in basketball and all sports. It is informative. However, I have come to dismiss sharp action in the NFL this season. Sharps on the Bears this year, for example. We can discuss this too.

What one needs to absorb and fully embrace is that pregame lines are better than they have ever been. The growth in sports wagering is coming from “in game” wagering. William Hill is a public company I believe. Regardless, more than anyone else they acknowledge the in game explosion. Brent Musberger and his brother’s radio shows discuss this from time to time and I am listening. In game lines are slower and influenced by many things that are more easily gamed.

In game requires a lot of work and time. Fuck, you gotta actually watch the game or multiple games. The average bettor is not doing the work live - it’s impulse and recentism. Huge opportunity for those willing to grind.

You or Drexel should draft your callers for this segment. Failure to show will result in ridicule and public humiliation. Badguy will enjoy the public humiliation but most will respond. TMMLK will have his chair of course. It could be a lot of fun.

Favorite sports books in Vegas. Favorite online books and why. Bitcoin deposits withdrawals. Prettiest QB. Sickest bets this year and why

Comments

Tellafriend: More of this
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-12-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I don’t believe this to be true. I would contend a surprising percentage of the forum follow sports and wager. Actually, it shouldn’t be a surprise. I could name all the members as I have a pretty good recall and I’ll tick them off if challenged. I can tell you their favorite teams and sports. I think most tail and lurk as the texture of the thread has changed for a few reasons.

What doesn’t happen is dialogue. Not arguments about which team is better but what their process is and why they make the picks they do. This interests me most but it gets no traction.

The guys might find it difficult to verbalize individually but in a group things might flow. I am also not sure such a thing could stand up to a multi hour show but it definitely deserves a place on the Drexel Variety Hour.

I spotted your Monmouth pick and it made me smile. 2 or 3 years ago when China actually bothered to contribute I saw him make a Bryant or Sacred Heart pick in small college football. We are taught that this is where nice edges and less sharp lines are found. Monmouth, Sacred Heart, Gonzaga, Bryant all are in the same or similar leagues. China smashed a couple of Bryant picks and I started watching the weekly coaches shows and following the players’ Twitter etc.

It was a lot of work but my son was playing some of these schools occasionally so I had added interest. Things worked out extremely well. I’ve gotten lazy recently.

I am amused by Druff’s references to sharp action. We can discuss this. I contend there is an undoing of the spread between “sharps” and the public. There is line action in basketball and all sports. It is informative. However, I have come to dismiss sharp action in the NFL this season. Sharps on the Bears this year, for example. We can discuss this too.

What one needs to absorb and fully embrace is that pregame lines are better than they have ever been. The growth in sports wagering is coming from “in game” wagering. William Hill is a public company I believe. Regardless, more than anyone else they acknowledge the in game explosion. Brent Musberger and his brother’s radio shows discuss this from time to time and I am listening. In game lines are slower and influenced by many things that are more easily gamed.

In game requires a lot of work and time. Fuck, you gotta actually watch the game or multiple games. The average bettor is not doing the work live - it’s impulse and recentism. Huge opportunity for those willing to grind.

You or Drexel should draft your callers for this segment. Failure to show will result in ridicule and public humiliation. Badguy will enjoy the public humiliation but most will respond. TMMLK will have his chair of course. It could be a lot of fun.

Favorite sports books in Vegas. Favorite online books and why. Bitcoin deposits withdrawals. Prettiest QB. Sickest bets this year and why
    Theres two reasons that people wont post detailed analysis on this board. The primary one is that they arent doing the detailed analysis! Only a tiny percentage of bettors are doing more than a cursory look at games before deciding to fire. And honestly thats probably about as good as they would do if they tried anyways.

Reason #2 is the guys who are actually grinding and working at it will quickly tire of the PFA "hahahaha told you so" bullshit when they get a pick wrong. Its a battle of attrition betting sports. Winning 60% is amazing. But that means 40% of the time you will lose and the PFA trolls (myself included) will be all over that ass.

Im no spreadsheet savant, definitely no Daly, but I do a fair amount of research. I dont bet in quantity, I bet in quality. Id venture to guess that if someone took the time to compile my PFA record it would be massively positive. But why put yourself out there like that when you already know the end game? Cmoney had a MASSIVE heater but took shit when he missed like 3 in a row after going 19-1. People were blaming him for losing cars and shit. Fuck that, why do that to yourself for no reward?

To me what we really need are localized gamblers. Im a huge Kansas City sports fan. I know the ins and outs of the teams. I listen to sports talk radio religiously. I follow all of the blogs. I know the entire 53 man roster for the Chiefs front and backwards. Practice squads, AA baseball teams lineups, etc. If you looked at my PFA Kansas City sports teams picks I wouldnt at all be surprised if Ive posted 80% winners. We need in tuned local bettors. To me thats the only way you win long term. I dont know shit about these small schools you mention but Id back someone who was in the know. And this doesnt mean homers either. Ive posted bets against KC. I had a decent bet (for me) on the Titans ML last week (Drexel can verify). Im in the know here. We need more of that
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    SIZZLE SOUNDING KIND OF WEIRD YALL

Comments

jsearles22: Sorry, I'll try to troll more

Load Metric
    So, Drexel & Daly, where are we at with this?

I need some sort of honorary position in the broadcast for inspiring this glorious event.

Other necessities:

1. Call in from Badguy of course.
    2. Call in from TMMLGAY.
    3. Props, props, and more props.

What else fellas?

Load Metric

Im no spreadsheet savant, definitely no Daly, but I do a fair amount of research. I dont bet in quantity, I bet in quality. Id venture to guess that if someone took the time to compile my PFA record it would be massively positive.
    Very unlikely, sizzle. Please show us.

Honestly, you've only made one memorable bet/pick on this site.

Load Metric
    ATTENTION DRUFF:

So after listening to raw wolf's inspiring speech last week, I have decided to donate druffs money to a free roll for this possible show. 300 dollars of druffs money is up for grabs, Brandon can figure out the details.

I'VE messaged both parties, i obviously have nothing to do so I will assume everyone is busy(obviously).

MAKE IT SOOOO

Comments

Tellafriend: Benevolent rep
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    simply embarrassing

Load Metric
    Says the guy taking gas station dick pills and paying women to touch him..............typical..

Load Metric
    I'm just assuming they're women....

Comments

Tellafriend: Giggle

Thread Information