Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What does druff and the other right wing guys think of the tax bill?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    It’s a clever idea. However, normally it’s hard to lay people off or fire someone when things get slow.

Having an expense like an independent contractor that I can snap off clean or give a time out to would be an ace in the hole I would always be conscious of

I think snapping off a doctor would be a lot more difficult than snapping off some run of the mill web designer or whatever. And that web designer probably has many clients he is working with so that wouldn't effect him all that much. Most independent contractor have multiple clients which is why they are independent contractors.
    :freelewfather

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It has the swamp written all over it!!!!!!

Carry over intrest for hedge fund managers is still not considered income and they pay less then the working class.. Lolx10000000.

They still left the deductible for high tax sanctuary states even though they lowered it they should have stoped that deduction that feeds blue states..

Medical expenses arent deductable but they left loopholes for all these foundations and tax havens...

And illigalls can still file for refunds and child tax credits.. Wtf, there illigal?!?!

The whole thing stinks of paul ryan and McConnell..

With the republicans in charge of everything they could have went for the kill and true fairness with a flat tax or at least dramatically lower taxes for everyone.

That would have ensured Republican rule for infinity,, but noooooo!! Those fucks couldnt put the pipe down even for just a minute..

Comments

The_Lurker: the whole thing is a travesty

Tellafriend: travesty is an accurate respresentation

big dick: it stinks of Trump too you stupid asshole

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

Carry over intrest for hedge fund managers is still not considered income and they pay less then the working class.. Lolx10000000.

They still left the deductible for high tax sanctuary states even though they lowered it they should have stoped that deduction that feeds blue states..

Medical expenses arent deductable but they left loopholes for all these foundations and tax havens...

With the republicans in charge of everything they could have went for the kill and true fairness with a flat tax or at least dramatically lower taxes for everyone.

That would have ensured Republican rule for infinity,, but noooooo!! Those fucks couldnt put the pipe down even for just a minute..
    Hey what do you know... a good sparten post.

I agree with most of this.

Republicans really had an opportunity to pass a good tax bill which reflected most of their long-held principles, while benefiting most of the country.

Instead they put forth a crappy one which pissed off a high percentage of the country.

What a fail.

Comments

thesparten: ;)

big dick: they are just puppets who the rich own

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Republicans really had an opportunity to pass a good tax bill which reflected most of their long-held principles, while benefiting most of the country.

Instead they put forth a crappy one which pissed off a high percentage of the country.

What a fail.
    Trump should refuse to sign it and go on t.v. citing these examples ande barrassing those swamp idiots..

Comments

Tellafriend: no chance

MumblesBadly: He should, but he won't. Because he doesn't give a shit about ordinary schlubs like you. Or haven't you figured that out yet???

Load Metric

And illigalls can still file for refunds and child tax credits.. Wtf, there illigal?!?!

What I find utterly hilarious is that Trumptards like yourself actually thought that Trump would stand up to the GOP regarding reforming taxes to benefit the legions of ordinary working folks who voted for him. But it's not like you weren't warned.

Name:  IMG_8504.JPG
Views: 271
Size:  120.7 KB

Comments

big dick:
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

I keep beating the same drum when it comes to everything the GOP is doing. It’s very strange politics. They aren’t even putting out things that are ideologically pure to their traditional beliefs. They’re picking strange fights. Fights that don’t move the ball forward for their team in the slightest bit. It’s really strange to have that much power and not rack up any wins that please a huge portion of your base.

It’s almost as if every Republican politician is simply aware that they are demographically going to get slaughtered soon, and they’re all taking huge bribes to simply cash out while it’s here. That politics as usual for the most part, but you’re usually masking your corruption in things that are palatabale to your base.

It just feels like they know the gig is up, and re-election is out the window, and at this point they’re simply getting theirs for this brief window. I’ve seen this happen in companies. Where they know they can’t turn it around, and everyone just starts grabbing theirs. I feel like the whole presidency so far has been one giant American Greed episode.

I expected the disorganization out of Trump, but I’m kind of shocked that the rest are mailing it in to this degree. The end result of their actions is almost certainly gong to usher in a Bernie Sanders-esque winner soon You’d think they have to realize that, yet they arent reaching out to anyone. They’re irriatating their own rather than growing. It’s a really bizarre time. In retrospect, the Republicans ran almost a flawless strategic campaign that so micro-targeted voters, that it made me think they’ve possibly got some smart people on their team finally. And then they come in, and it’s all bad policy that doesn’t even make sense politically. With the population trends, they don’t have a lot of room for error, yet they appear to be making a ton of then. If I was a Republican, I’d be a little dismayed that we made our last grand stand over this shit, with this guy in charge.

Comments

The_Lurker:

gimmick:

Dan Druff: can't argue with any of that

tony bagadonuts: me either

snowtracks: Democratic view again

vegas1369: Always the voice of reason

MumblesBadly: Spot on

IamGreek: Have you looked at ur 401ks and employment #s?

hongkonger: So this

big dick: GOD

Muck Ficon: :this

Load Metric
    This Tax Bill benefits Everybody that makes under 200k per year.
    This is a victory for every tax payer.

I would wager about 95% of PFA users benefit.

Really Disappointed that Druff doesn't support this.

Comments

herbertstemple: common sense post.

IamGreek: I believe this to be true

ToasterOven: no

Load Metric

What a fail.
    Trump should refuse to sign it and go on t.v. citing these examples ande barrassing those swamp idiots..
    Trump despises you. He despises 99% of the people who voted for him. But you put him in there and he's going to exploit his position for maximum gain. Have fun subsidizing Trump's tax cut.

Comments

MumblesBadly: The idiot doesn't get it. And probably never will.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtracks View Post
    This Tax Bill benefits Everybody that makes under 200k per year.
    This is a victory for every tax payer.

I would wager about 95% of PFA users benefit.

Really Disappointed that Druff doesn't support this.
    I hadn't realized you're this gullible.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    GET EM MONGER

Load Metric
    HONG MONGA NIGGA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    HONG MONGA NIGGA
    pretty blatantly not ok and hed never say it in front of his fat wife or her friends

Load Metric
    you're actually pretty funny

Load Metric

I believe the conference bill for the "Tax Cut and Jobs Act" has restored medical expenses for itemizers plus lowered the threshold for deduction to 7.5% for 2017 & 2018, then 10% thereafter; here is the best dumbed-down recap of bill as it stands now
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthony.../#67ca03322288

re: illegals & refunds - all income earned in the US by non-US citizens is taxable whether the earner is here temporarily or continuously, thus if earner's tax is overpaid/overwithheld it should be refunded

re: illegals & tax credits for children - here I agree that the credit should not be available to illegals--not sure if it is though, don't know much about the controls/requirements to claim the credit
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 12-18-2017 at 05:11 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    The biggest problem is that the bill is so sloppily written that those with the best tax lawyers and accountants will be able to game the system beyond the intended cuts. I wonder if that's by design to further benefit the very wealthy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    The biggest problem is that the bill is so sloppily written that those with the best tax lawyers and accountants will be able to game the system beyond the intended cuts. I wonder if that's by design to further benefit the very wealthy.
    Have you read the bill?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

What I find utterly hilarious is that Trumptards like yourself actually thought that Trump would stand up to the GOP regarding reforming taxes to benefit the legions of ordinary working folks who voted for him. But it's not like you weren't warned.

Name:  IMG_8504.JPG
Views: 271
Size:  120.7 KB
    Nafta. Tpp..the e.p.a..illigal immigration.. Planned parenthood..

Is a good start!!!!

Comments

MumblesBadly: I feel so sorry for the depth of your idiocy. Here's a green rep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Have you read the bill?
    I believe a final write up of the bill is being prepared now, and I don't believe a revised edition of the Internal Revenue Code is available anywhere at the moment...

at CSPAN.org I did see a pdf file showing the proposed changes to the code---it was largely incomprehensible in that form; I had to read the CSPAN file to find the tax brackets/rates for married filing separately -- almost no pundits are publishing that info
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 12-18-2017 at 07:33 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Thread bump and related news....

California legislature working on a legit means to have higher-taxed residents get around the new federal limit on the deductibility of state and local taxes

http://beta.latimes.com/politics/ess...htmlstory.html

Would love to see something like this become law and see how this plays out with the IRS and the tax courts and above if it got that far.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information