Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: FCC Votes to Kill Net Neutrality

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

Ready to start this annoying debate again?

Good.

Burger King decided to pander to the left (along with the ignorant apolitical folks who have been brainwashed into thinking net neutrality is a law for the people) by making a commercial bashing its repeal.

Even worse, they did so by way of one of those totally phony "actual customers" demonstrations, which they even have the nerve to claim in fine print near the end.

You can easily see that these are not real customers from the sometimes poor acting and the perfect dialogue which never has pauses, umms, incorrect wording, or anything else bad for TV.

I know someone related to one of the kids shown in the video. Guess what? The kid is an actor from Los Angeles. Shocker, huh?

The point Burger King is making is also really dumb. Priority service lines (where you pay a premium) would actually be a good idea at busy fast food restaurants, though it would probably be a PR disaster, which is why they aren't utilized. But LOL at the "actual customers" acting shocked that a private business could sell priority service packages to customers willing to pay more.

I am honestly speechless. Just WOW.

Also, In before Druff starts a thread about how his ISP is trying to fuck him.
    Last edited by The_Lurker; 01-25-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post
    BUMP

Ready to start this annoying debate again?

Good.

Burger King decided to pander to the left (along with the ignorant apolitical folks who have been brainwashed into thinking net neutrality is a law for the people) by making a commercial bashing its repeal.

Even worse, they did so by way of one of those totally phony "actual customers" demonstrations, which they even have the nerve to claim in fine print near the end.

You can easily see that these are not real customers from the sometimes poor acting and the perfect dialogue which never has pauses, umms, incorrect wording, or anything else bad for TV.

I know someone related to one of the kids shown in the video. Guess what? The kid is an actor from Los Angeles. Shocker, huh?

The point Burger King is making is also really dumb. Priority service lines (where you pay a premium) would actually be a good idea at busy fast food restaurants, though it would probably be a PR disaster, which is why they aren't utilized. But LOL at the "actual customers" acting shocked that a private business could sell priority service packages to customers willing to pay more.

Why are you speechless?

Did you think Burger King did a superb job at demonstrating the concept of net neutrality?

And yes, I may start a thread one day about my ISP trying to fuck me, but it won't be over something net neutrality would have prevented.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post

Why are you speechless?

Did you think Burger King did a superb job at demonstrating the concept of net neutrality?

And yes, I may start a thread one day about my ISP trying to fuck me, but it won't be over something net neutrality would have prevented.
    You still live in a place with internet choices.

The vast majority of the country lives in a government controlled internet monopoly.

So I can get one cable internet provider, is it fair that they can then double dip on me because I have no other choice?

I am on your side if the government ended internet monopolies, but until there is competition Net Neutrality is necessary.

Comments

El Gallo: :This

MumblesBadly: Hence The Indicator episode "58%".

ltrainkoja: fact!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Why are you speechless?

The vast majority of the country lives in a government controlled internet monopoly.

So I can get one cable internet provider, is it fair that they can then double dip on me because I have no other choice?

I am on your side if the government ended internet monopolies, but until there is competition Net Neutrality is necessary.
    Druff is in adject denial of how ISPs being able to selectively control who gets favorable delivery speeds of content to consumers gives the ISPs bargaining power over content provider, which translates into market power shifting to ISP-affiliated content providers.

Imagine if the operators of the Panama Canal started selectively managing the passage speed through the canal based on whose product was on the ship. And specifically, they started dramatically slowing the passage of ships carrying US-made goods through the canal, while imposing no such delays on ships carrying products from other countries. The uproar coming out of Washington would be absolutely deafening, followed shortly by a massage show of arms by the US armed forces to "convince" the canal operators to stop such a practice.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 01-26-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Why are you speechless?

Just wait till they slow down his call to listen line. The this affects me attitude will surface- Until then, doesn't affect me I don't care will prevail.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Democrats introduced a LOL resolution to reverse the net neutrality repeal: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...trality-426641

This will flop in the House and Trump won't sign it anyway.

But there's a real reason they're doing this, and it has nothing to do with the internet.

Democrats are gearing up for the 2018 midterm elections, and net neutrality is an issue where the swing voters largely side with them (partially due to misunderstanding it, but I digress...)

So they're introducing this resolution, expecting it to fail at the hands of Republicans, and then they can say, "See! We tried to bring net neutrality back, but those corporate shill Republicans are just in the pockets of multi-billion dollar corporations like Verizon and Comcast."

Never mind that the Democrats are backed by multi-billion dollar corporations like Netflix, Facebook, and Google on this one, but who's counting, right?

As long as you can frame this as a resolution for the people, it's a win!

I'm not even being sarcastic here. It really will be a win, albeit a manipulative one. For once the Dems are doing something smart campaign-wise.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Double bump.

This passed the Senate, with the help of RINOs Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski. Republican John Kennedy of Louisiana, best known recently for telling Mark Zuckerberg, "Your user agreement sucks", also voted for it. All 49 Democrats supported it, which allowed it to pass 52-48.

This will die in the House, and even if not, Trump won't sign it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/polit...ats/index.html

So it's just symbolic, and likely exists just for purposes of the midterm elections.

BTW, is your web browsing experience worse since the repeat of Net Neutrality?

It isn't?

Well, I for one am shocked.

Load Metric
    Double bump.

This passed the Senate, with the help of RINOs Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski. Republican John Kennedy of Louisiana, best known recently for telling Mark Zuckerberg, "Your user agreement sucks", also voted for it. All 49 Democrats supported it, which allowed it to pass 52-48.

This will die in the House, and even if not, Trump won't sign it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/polit...ats/index.html

So it's just symbolic, and likely exists just for purposes of the midterm elections.

BTW, is your web browsing experience worse since the repeat of Net Neutrality?

It isn't?

Well, I for one am shocked.
    And the 40+ times the House of Representatives voted to end Obamacare during Obama’s presidency weren’t “just symbolic”?

Comments

El Gallo: Oh snap.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    TRIPLE BUMP

It's been 2 full years since Net Neutrality was killed.

What a difference, right?

Can you believe how our ISPs are all restricting or content now? Doesn't it piss you off how they slow your access to certain sites competing with their own services? They're just running roughshod all over what should have been our rights to have a fair internet browsing experience, and we're all praying we could go back to those heady, oppression-free internet days which existed prior to December 2017.

Wait..... what's this you say?

No slowdowns? No content restrictions? No abuse of power by the ISPs which Net Neutrality would have prevented?

But how could that be? This was supposed to be the end of the internet as we know it, and it's been 2 full years. Surely we must have some problems now.

We don't?

Well, shit. Whaddya know, I was right all along. Sucks when that happens, huh?

Who would have guessed that we don't need legislation to fix a nonexistent problem? Totally shocked me.

Thread Information