http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

I'll discuss this more on radio and in this thread.

Some quick things I've noticed:

They've introduced a new GIANT (low buyin -- $365) event, featuring PLO. This is not a surprise. It starts on June 3, and has that stupid format where the structure sucks, everyone cashes Day 1, and it takes place every week on Sunday (starting June 3) until late in the WSOP when everyone combines for Day 2.

I played the NL Holdem GIANT last year and thought it sucked. I won't be playing either this year.

They have stupidly scheduled the Milionaire Maker and Marathon (Extended Play) events on back-to-back days, despite the fact that many people (including me) want to play both.

They have added a new event called "Double Stack NL Holdem" where you start with 10k chips instead of 5000. I'll probably play that if the structure is good. It's a $1k buyin. They still have the Monster Stack (15k chips, I think) starting 6 days later.

They've lowered the age of the Super Seniors to 60, from 65. Stupid. What's next? Lowering the seniors event to 45?

They have oddly moved the Limit Holdem six handed event to July 9, which is during Day 5 of the Main. I find this annoying, as I usually like to just get out of town after I bust the Main. Also, I imagine it will get a terrible turnout.

Speaking of which, they are running several other events during the Main, including Bounty PLO, Little One for One Drop, Mixed NL/PLO, and oddly they are even running events during the Main Final Table, including HORSE and a turbo NL event called The Closer.

I might play four $10k events this year -- Limit Holdem, Limit O/8, PLO8, and the Main. This would, by far, be the most expensive WSOP I play, buyin-wise.

This is also, by far, the earliest they have announced the upcoming WSOP schedule.