Thread: signing jake arrieta for 4/5yr $100/$130mil might be riskier than FPS making good posts

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

signing jake arrieta for 4/5yr $100/$130mil might be riskier than FPS making good posts

if i ws a GM and my job was on the line if arrieta can't perform like a #1 starter after i sign him there's no way you can sign the dude.

but that's not going to be the case, several playoff team gm's will simply talk to their owners and say "he can help our club and our postseason". "but there are HUGE risks that come with this". "can we live with him shitting it". obv the answer his yes. there you have it. no more onus on the GM ..just an "oh well..we knew he could be shit and we had to take that chance" "we can live with a middle of the road 3rd starter type that might help us in the postseason"

back to arrieta. just think if this fucker goes to the AL east. the way he pitched last years means he'll have a 4+ era and around 150 so's. is that 3rd starter type? it's pretty laughable if he gets 25mil per year.

lol @ paying over $20mil per year for what he did 2 years ago, when he was unhittable. his arm looks tired and the numbers are on the decline. way too many iffy starts last year.

best case for him is to stay in the NL and at least give the same type of year as he did last year..and hope for some of his dominance 2 years back.

this fuckers forecast can go many ways. none of them look good in the AL. at least if he goes to the dodgers his pitching numbers will be disquised

popcorn ready.

Comments

FPS_Russia: Arietta, is that a Jewish name hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    more like jake boreietta ZING POW KABLAM

Comments

DRK Star: He'll be at the Chuckle Hut through Thursday, folks! Tip your waiters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I agree he's on the decline, and whoever signs him will be sorry.

Yu Darvish is another money pit waiting to happen.

Hope the Dodgers steer clear of both of these money pits.

Oh, and on a side note, Giancarlo Stanton apparently refused to go to the Giants because he still loves the Dodgers.

LOL

Load Metric
    lol giants lol sk also tHEEEEEEEEEEEEEYRE SHOOTING AT THE LIGHTS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    big question is how much rain money he gonna get. there's some talk of a 200mil deal..

2 years ago he was dominant and arguably the best pitcher in baseball. if they pay him on that expecting that then lol...it's entirely possible he can be worse than last year even if he stays in the NL.
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    only old mexicans and druff care about baseball find a better hill to die on

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    only old mexicans and druff care about baseball find a better hill to die on
    MLB is onto dem for fudging their birth certificates by 5 years...lot harder to do now.

Load Metric
    yikes

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    yikes
    thats what i'm gonna say when he signs for 7/8 years and close to 200mil..

Load Metric
    If the GM's job is on the line, he will sigh whoever he can to win immediately. If Arrieta flops & he gets fired the big contract is somebody else's problem.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    if i were the GM of the phillies i would pray he hits the ground like jewdy on meth and hope a SP on a big $$ team goes down and trade him for a big time prospect.

flip him asap.... imo

Thread Information