Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 231

Thread: ***OFFICIAL 2017 MLB HOT STOVE THREAD***

  1. #1

    ***OFFICIAL 2017 MLB HOT STOVE THREAD***

    ohtani signs with the angels...popcorn will be out to see how they end up using this guy as a pitcher/hitter...

    don't know how they can manage to use him as a DH with the albatross pujols still there...

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    ohtani signs with the angels...popcorn will be out to see how they end up using this guy as a pitcher/hitter...

    don't know how they can manage to use him as a DH with the albatross pujols still there...
    When the Angels make a big off season signing, it means the players career went in the shitter.

     
    Comments
      
      Bootsy Collins: Pedophile

  3. #3
    Thought there was a Giancarlo Stanton thread somewhere.

    Oh well. Cards have to keep looking.

    Giancarlo Stanton Informs Cardinals He Will Not Waive No-Trade Clause


    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...de-clause.html

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    ohtani signs with the angels...popcorn will be out to see how they end up using this guy as a pitcher/hitter...

    don't know how they can manage to use him as a DH with the albatross pujols still there...
    When the Angels make a big off season signing, it means the players career went in the shitter.


    cant argue with that...they might be sneaky good if ohtani is any good...trout/ohtani/upton/Calhoun aint a bad little middle of the lineup..

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Thought there was a Giancarlo Stanton thread somewhere.

    Oh well. Cards have to keep looking.

    Giancarlo Stanton Informs Cardinals He Will Not Waive No-Trade Clause


    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...de-clause.html
    giants too...Stanton slowly fucking jeter and the marlins over...if the dodgers give up anything more than a jizz rag for him they're insane...

  6. #6
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4137
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    28,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Thought there was a Giancarlo Stanton thread somewhere.

    Oh well. Cards have to keep looking.

    Giancarlo Stanton Informs Cardinals He Will Not Waive No-Trade Clause


    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...de-clause.html
    giants too...Stanton slowly fucking jeter and the marlins over...if the dodgers give up anything more than a jizz rag for him they're insane...


    Great news for the Dodgers. This totally kills the Marlins' ability to negotiate and drive up his trade value.

  7. #7
    LOL Cardinals. You can't really blame a person of color if they don't want to live in Missouri.

  8. #8
    marlins are threatening to tear the team around Stanton down if he doesn't give in to letting them trade him to one of the teams that will give them the best deal...



    somebody needs to teach jeter a lesson in leverage and negotiations...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Thought there was a Giancarlo Stanton thread somewhere.

    Oh well. Cards have to keep looking.

    Giancarlo Stanton Informs Cardinals He Will Not Waive No-Trade Clause


    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...de-clause.html
    giants too...Stanton slowly fucking jeter and the marlins over...if the dodgers give up anything more than a jizz rag for him they're insane...
    Stanton could have saved everybody a lot of trouble if he had decided this up front.

    Dodgers may have the best team in baseball now so why would they make the major change it would take to get him.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

    Dodgers may have the second best team in baseball now so why would they make the major change to win the World Series. Second best and division flags are enough.
    Just tidying a post you no doubt made in haste.

    I’m a stickler for accuracy when it comes to the Dodgers. Too much myth & hyperbole. Please check that shit at the door

    TIA

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

    Dodgers may have the second best team in baseball now so why would they make the major change to win the World Series. Second best and division flags are enough.
    Just tidying a post you no doubt made in haste.

    Iím a stickler for accuracy when it comes to the Dodgers. Too much myth & hyperbole. Please check that shit at the door

    TIA
    Thanks but just throwing National League in there would have been enough.

  12. #12
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    331
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,568
    Lol @ Ohtani saying he "felt a bond" with the Angels, who coincidentally have the current ownership group most willing to just light money on fire. I'm sure there is an extension drawn up already for Pujols type money, but the Angels will have to wait a bit to stay "in the rules". I kind of hope he just crashes hard out of the gate.

    Also don't really think he is going to hit much, unless he is an absolute stud doing both right from the jump. Just pitching in the AL isn't going to do him any favors either. If after the first month if he is putting up just around league average stats both hitting and pitching, it'll be "ok kid, time to just focus on pitching" time. Don't forget the Japanese league season is about a month shorter than MLB. He hasn't started more than 24 games in a season yet. If he does both regularly he will be hitting a wall come August. Also, while the pitching looks to translate well, his hitting doesn't really stand out anyway.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    LOL Cardinals. You can't really blame a person of color if they don't want to live in Missouri.

    Make St. Louis Great Again.

  14. #14
    Yankees are +650.

    Just letting you guys know, that when Stanton comes to the Yankees, and we have Judge, Stanton and Sanchez, all yall niggaz finna get run up and clapped dumb quick.

    162-0 in your fucking grill. Juuuuuhhhhrddddd.

     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: By all that is holy Yankees not Dodgers.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Onestep View Post
    Yankees are +650.

    we have Judge, Stanton and Sanchez,
    Don’t forget Bird who was out much of the year

    Get rid of Headley or Sanchez (defensive liability) and this is win x 162

    Ridiculous offense

    If you took + 650 my hats off to you

  16. #16
    Wow. Sounds like it’s done

    Judge/Stanton gonna make Ortiz/Ramirez look weak.

    Every night will be must see tv.

    Thx Dodgers. It was on a silver platter for you. No surprise.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Wow. Sounds like itís done

    Judge/Stanton gonna make Ortiz/Ramirez look weak.

    Every night will be must see tv.

    Thx Dodgers. It was on a silver platter for you. No surprise.
    mmmmmmm nothing like a little "collusion" early on a Saturday morning...just hope the yanks don't figure out they need to buy pitching...

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Wow. Sounds like itís done

    Judge/Stanton gonna make Ortiz/Ramirez look weak.

    Every night will be must see tv.

    Thx Dodgers. It was on a silver platter for you. No surprise.
    I think Judge will regress a fair bit. His BABIP was so high coupled with his high K rate. He'll probably hit a ton of dingers, but that OPS will fall.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Wow. Sounds like itís done

    Judge/Stanton gonna make Ortiz/Ramirez look weak.

    Every night will be must see tv.

    Thx Dodgers. It was on a silver platter for you. No surprise.
    I think Judge will regress a fair bit. His BABIP was so high coupled with his high K rate. He'll probably hit a ton of dingers, but that OPS will fall.
    think youre right...he had that one brutal stretch at the end where he was K-ing in damn near every game...I was surprised he had a good of a year as he did...at 6'7 I cant believe there isn't a ton of ways to exploit him because he's so big...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

    I think Judge will regress a fair bit. His BABIP was so high coupled with his high K rate. He'll probably hit a ton of dingers, but that OPS will fall.
    think youre right...he had that one brutal stretch at the end where he was K-ing in damn near every game...I was surprised he had a good of a year as he did...at 6'7 I cant believe there isn't a ton of ways to exploit him because he's so big...
    He was getting raped by umpires on low pitches called for strikes. Strikes for typical humans but obvious balls for him. Force of habit was hard to break for Umps

    This became a talking point during playoffs and you could see the umpires’ adjustment as it obviously got back to the league that this was proving a public MLB embarrassment

    So who has to adjust exactly?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** OFFICIAL *** 2017-18 NBA Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 523
    Last Post: 07-09-2018, 06:44 PM
  2. ***Official 2017 PFA Dead Pool Thread***
    By wrenchjockey in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 01-28-2018, 06:08 PM
  3. ***Official vegas1369 2017-2018 Fantasy Football Thread***
    By vegas1369 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 12-27-2017, 07:49 PM
  4. *** OFFICIAL *** 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 908
    Last Post: 11-02-2017, 04:06 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-15-2017, 02:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •