Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arizona cop shoots unarmed man saying "Please don't shoot me"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    niggas been seeing it for a while
    Which demographic do cops kill the most of every single year?

White men.

How long will this blatant racism be allowed to continue?
    Is that why the black prison pop. is higher? The whities arn't making it out alive...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

Which demographic do cops kill the most of every single year?

White men.

How long will this blatant racism be allowed to continue?
    Is that why the black prison pop. is higher? The whities arn't making it out alive...
    Yes, exactly. Racism.

Load Metric
    If the cop that was doing the talking had remained calm & professional this could have ended differently. Male that was shot was terrified & the shooter was no doubt on edge. His loud voice in that hallway may have been hard to understand in the hallway. Possibly an echo effect. The victim did make some kind of move when he was shot but I can't tell what it was. Maybe lost his balance.

If it had been me, I definitely would have gotten shot, just mouthing back to the cop that was doing the talking.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    If the cop that was doing the talking had remained calm & professional this could have ended differently. Male that was shot was terrified & the shooter was no doubt on edge. His loud voice in that hallway may have been hard to understand in the hallway. Possibly an echo effect. The victim did make some kind of move when he was shot but I can't tell what it was. Maybe lost his balance.

If it had been me, I definitely would have gotten shot, just mouthing back to the cop that was doing the talking.
    Police in the US are typically trained to be as loud as possible when giving such instructions, firstly to use the loudness as a means to induce compliance, but also to be sure that their verbal instructions are heard by anyone who might be a witness or on recording devices to cover their ass if the situation goes sideways.

That being said, there's a good chance that some cops don't know the difference between being loud and yelling so loud as to be likely cause the targetted person to get confused by being screamed at.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    pig deserves the electric chair

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    @illuminati your front line is shitting the bed. Can you please give bring us non-racist police from different countries and fry every last lil piggy here? As a matter of fact this whole border thing is frankly annoying and outdated. I dream of a world where I'm judged for the content of my character and not because I don't have a god dam canadonk maple leaf tattoo. Thanks again for the t swift thing.

P.S. What's up with this whole bitcoin thing? Since you haven't blown that house of cards down yet I guess it means there are still more people buying them than selling them? If you don't have that whole thing crash down like the second after people buy their christmas bullshit at all your businesses and are spread thin again in early Jan. I might lose hope in you guys love for me.

You gotta write me soon, I'll be the biggest fan you'll ever lose
    Sincerely yours, Sheboon... we should be together too

Load Metric
    so sad

Name:  DQkuQCYVoAAs3fG.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  49.9 KB

Load Metric
    Jesus Christ spoiler tag/NSFW that shit. I don't want to look at that crap.

Load Metric
    Doesn't get any more tragic and disgusting than this. How the heck could this power tripping, trigger happy douchebag not at the very least get manslaughter? Fucking insane.

Shining example of unjustified use of deadly force.

Comments

JMM: This

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Doesn't get any more tragic and disgusting than this. How the heck could this power tripping, trigger happy douchebag not at the very least get manslaughter? Fucking insane.

American police convicted of murder or manslaughter in 2014 - 0
    American police convicted of murder or manslaughter in 2015 - 0
    American police convicted of murder or manslaughter in 2016 - can't find data
    American police convicted of murder or manslaughter in 2017 - can't find data (but obviously that Slager guy from yesterday but he pleaded guilty)

My favorite part of this Braisford case is that it took them two months to fire him after this and the rumor was the main reason they got rid of him is not the shooting but because he had his gun engraved with the words "You're Fucked".

You need to watch the video I posted where the cops are telling the guy to cut his own dead dogs head off or go to jail. (you don't actually see him cut the dogs head off... at least I didn't) But the guy actually ends up cutting his own dogs head due to fear of being arrested.

Load Metric

makes you almost want to take justice into your own hands

these fuckers can kill at will, knowing they are more likely to get struck by lightning than convicted

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    how does the prosecutor not object to some of the leading questions by the defense attorney??

just let him have free reign to paint the perfect picture for the jury

Load Metric
    Little fucking twerp

Comments

Tegnation22: Yup, guy looks like an absolute little puke

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

American police convicted of murder or manslaughter in 2017 - can't find data (but obviously that Slager guy from yesterday but he pleaded guilty)

My favorite part of this Braisford case is that it took them two months to fire him after this and the rumor was the main reason they got rid of him is not the shooting but because he had his gun engraved with the words "You're Fucked".

You need to watch the video I posted where the cops are telling the guy to cut his own dead dogs head off or go to jail. (you don't actually see him cut the dogs head off... at least I didn't) But the guy actually ends up cutting his own dogs head due to fear of being arrested.
    There is a very peculiar feature of SCOTUS-driven precedent regarding when police are legally allowed to use deadly force. That precedent results in juries having to consider -- and this is key -- only in the moment before a cop uses deadly force whether he/she could have "reasonably believed" that their life or someone else's was in immediate danger from the person they shot/killed.

And it doesn't matter how reckless or stupid the cop was in the time leading up to that moment. All of that prior stupidity or carelessness is irrelevant. Just the immediate moment before the deadly force was used. At least with regard to a cop's criminal liability related to a deadly use of force.

But that "immediate moment before" standard does not apply for when civilians use such deadly force. That's why a civilian would likely get convicted of some lesser charge related to such a use of deadly force, e.g. manslaughter, if they acted recklessly or stupidly prior to that immediate moment, but cops won't. Strange but true.

This notion was recently explored in an episode of the More Perfect podcast, "Mr. Graham and the Reasonable Man":
    http://www.radiolab.org/story/radiol...easonable-man/
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 12-09-2017 at 01:39 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

There is a very peculiar feature of SCOTUS-driven precedent regarding when police are legally allowed to use deadly force. That precedent results in juries having to consider -- and this is key -- only in the moment before a cop uses deadly force whether he/she could have "reasonably believed" that their life or someone else's was in immediate danger from the person they shot/killed.

And it doesn't matter how reckless or stupid the cop was in the time leading up to that moment. All of that prior stupidity or carelessness is irrelevant. Just the immediate moment before the deadly force was used. At least with regard to a cop's criminal liability related to a deadly use of force.

But that "immediate moment before" standard does not apply for when civilians use such deadly force. That's why a civilian would likely get convicted of some lesser charge related to such a use of deadly force, e.g. manslaughter, if they acted recklessly or stupidly prior to that immediate moment, but cops won't. Strange but true.

This notion was recently explored in an episode of the More Perfect podcast, "Mr. Graham and the Reasonable Man":
    Good points.

This really has to change.

If anything, cops should be held to a higher standard regarding their behavior up until that point, given their position of authority.

It is also unclear to me why they did this weird "crawl to us" thing.

There were multiple officers on the scene. Why didn't he point the gun while one of the other officers approached and cuffed him while on the ground?

The whole instructing a drunk guy to crawl over to you while keeping his hands in the air, at the penalty of death if he fucks up, isn't even close to reasonable.

Load Metric

Good points.

If anything, cops should be held to a higher standard regarding their behavior up until that point, given their position of authority.

There were multiple officers on the scene. Why didn't he point the gun while one of the other officers approached and cuffed him while on the ground?

The whole instructing a drunk guy to crawl over to you while keeping his hands in the air, at the penalty of death if he fucks up, isn't even close to reasonable.
    100% agree. Sadly, the current SCOTUS precedent requires judges to instruct juries to ignore any of those prior-to-the-immediate-moment actions by cops. That's probably why the jury deliberated for so long. If the shooter hadn't been a cop, the jury probably would have returned a verdict as harsh as second-degree murder.

Load Metric
    White people and white men specifically are an endangered group in this country.

We may need to find a new home.

You know, like the joos did.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Perfect timing,, now the MSM can skip covering this case.
    A Chicago woman who live-streamed video of the racially charged beating of a teen with mental disabilities pleaded guilty Friday to a hate crime and was sentenced to four years of probation.
    >Brittany Covington, 19, has been in custody since her arrest in January.
    >Calling the incident “horrific,” Cook County Circuit Judge William Hooks banned Covington from social media over the four years, prohibited her from contact with two of her co-defendants and ordered her to do 200 hours of community service.
    >Hooks told Covington he could have imposed a prison sentence but added, “I’m not sure if I did that you’d be coming out any better.”
    >Hooks said he hoped the strict terms of probation would put Covington on a more productive life path, but he warned she would face prison time if she violated any of the restrictions.
    >“Do not mess this up,” Hooks told Covington, who stood quietly in a blue jail uniform with her hands clasped behind her back.
    >The 19-year-old also pleaded guilty to aggravated battery and intimidation charges. As part of a plea deal, prosecutors dropped additional charges, including kidnapping.
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  6950a24fe98c892e34cf947229e4db101508804bb0400eb063ffb5e702038342.png
Views: 161
Size:  1.04 MB

Name:  nintchdbpict000305267681.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  996.9 KB
    >Norton and Torres drove through with Confederate flags and spewed racial slurs
    >Torres only shed tears when three family members took the stand to describe him as a devoted father, hardworking plumber and volunteer football coach

Add in the Kate Steinle case
    Name:  e79e7755f860ec08157a23a42cd66e7cc868e58c016161015400f74cefef42bf.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  57.6 KB
    A black can beat a mentally ill White person and torture him while saying fuck White people. But a White person just driving by people with a flag and yelling n-word you essentially spend the rest of your life behind bars.
    That's the state of the justice system. Inflicting actual physical harm gets probation, being "offensive" gets you 35 years.

Note Soros gave 300k for sentence reform to illinois.
    The message is clear, it's ok to attack white people.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 12-09-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Load Metric

Good points.

100% agree. Sadly, the current SCOTUS precedent requires judges to instruct juries to ignore any of those prior-to-the-immediate-moment actions by cops. That's probably why the jury deliberated for so long. If the shooter hadn't been a cop, the jury probably would have returned a verdict as harsh as second-degree murder.

Mumbless, you think you are so fucking smart, when you are really just a wanna-be. Which SCOTUS precedent are you specifically referring to with regard to this state criminal prosecution?

Stick with what little you know:

Name:  crash2.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  19.1 KB

Thread Information