Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever wanted to see God play chess? Boy do I have a link for you.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    And a little later T-Mac, that bitch in Colorado, and his wife all did their part too. I never liked Kobe during his run but looking back I gotta respect. This is a great video.

Load Metric
    Ok back on track. 2:25 ole boy tries to cheat too

Comments

jsearles22: Sawed has been the night

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd rather see God curl.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: DOes your faggotry know no bounds? Jesus

hongkonger: Real sport rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Honestly I don’t think chess would be that hard for a human to master. There’s 16 pieces on a total of 64 squares. That equates to a total of 1,024 different possible combinations. While it’s much easier for a computer to memorize 1,024 combinations I don’t think it’s impossible for a human to do it. Not easy, but not impossible either.
    I buy it. I mean, it ain't checkers, but its on a checkerboard, ffs.

in as much a yuuuuuge cornerstone of high level chess is memorization, there is a decent enough point lurking in that post.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I play chess. Well as a merely mortal 1600ish rated player, i can tell you that 95% of the world's players never get beyond that level. The worlds top players are rated in the 2700's. 1800ish rated crush me most of tme. But those same players usually get crushed by 2000ish players, who in turn get crushed by 2200s. Your a Grand master at the 2400 level crush masters, who are at the 2200s. I might be better than 95% of te world, but I'm getting crushed by the guys who have little chance to beat the worlds top human players. Well the super Grand Masters in the 2700's crush the mere mortal Grand masters.

Stockfish by the way can beat all these players. OMG, now Google creates a program that can beat stockfish.

Comments

sonatine: 1600 is no joke

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anchordraw View Post
    I play chess. Well as a merely mortal 1600ish rated player, i can tell you that 95% of the world's players never get beyond that level. The worlds top players are rated in the 2700's. 1800ish rated crush me most of tme. But those same players usually get crushed by 2000ish players, who in turn get crushed by 2200s. Your a Grand master at the 2400 level crush masters, who are at the 2200s. I might be better than 95% of te world, but I'm getting crushed by the guys who have little chance to beat the worlds top human players. Well the super Grand Masters in the 2700's crush the mere mortal Grand masters.

Stockfish by the way can beat all these players. OMG, now Google creates a program that can beat stockfish.

Imagine what you could get your rating to if you were smart enough to appreciate PLOP's post.

Comments

jsearles22: Asking why I gotta this app

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

AI taking away jobs is the least of my concerns.
    Am I right in thinking the Jews are higher on your list?
    Depends on the list.

I mean, I'd take no pleasure in marching an AI to the ovens.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    And a little later T-Mac, that bitch in Colorado, and his wife all did their part too. I never liked Kobe during his run but looking back I gotta respect. This is a great video.

Did you like Kobe during his end run?

limitles > boundless

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: just try a new screen name. I can't deal with you any longer. Good bye

Load Metric
    What happens when it plays itself? I assume it explodes
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    What happens when it plays itself? I assume it explodes
    That's how it learns the first place. It plays itself trillions of times, doing random shit and seeing what works.

Load Metric

i fucking love this guy, seeing him tuck into this match is essentially heaven++.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    one of the interesting threads i see reappearing in the analysis here is that alphazero is not exactly an engine, it makes 'thematic' decisions instead of simply plowing through itinerations seeking the most advantageous line, and frankly that is blowing the dick off my mind and fucking it back on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    one of the interesting threads i see reappearing in the analysis here is that alphazero is not exactly an engine, it makes 'thematic' decisions instead of simply plowing through itinerations seeking the most advantageous line, and frankly that is blowing the dick off my mind and fucking it back on.
    Can you elaborate on that point?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Are you referring to heuristics? I read that it's looking at fewer positions per second than Stockfish by several orders of magnitude. It would have to be pruning a lot of branches off the decision tree to make that work. That's similar to how CMU approached poker IIRC.

I'm sure most of what it disregards are obviously terrible lines, but I can't help but wonder if this approach makes it vulnerable to unorthodox strategies.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Can you elaborate on that point?

so please really grain of salt this because im just barely wrapping my head around this and its totally possible that im missing something obvious, but a traditional engine like stockfish assesses its best option by analyzing every possible move and assigning a value to it.

simple example:

stockfish has the opportunity to capture a pawn or allowing the pawn to capture one of its own pawns. capturing yields a +1 material advantage, failing to do so yields a -1 material loss. this level of analysis would be described as depth=1, because it analyzes only one move into the future. to paint a very crude picture, depth=1 is something like an 1100 player rating. depth=2 would be something like 1300, depth=3 takes you up to maybe 1400. note that depth is usually dictated by time limits, so if you give stockfish .1 second to decide on a move it might only reach depth=3, but if you give it 1 minute to decide on a move you can reach maybe depth=15 or deeper, depending on what the hardware is capable of supporting.

again if someone finds documented fault with those numbers, so be it, but im describing the theory behind depth based analysis for material advantage, which is generally how engines work.

alphazero seems to be looking beyond simple material advantage based analysis and relying on what appears to be a far more organic, synergistic interpretation of strength vis a vis positional analysis, so while stockfish is like OH SHIT I CAN PICK UP A PAWN YALL alphazero is like yeah you and that pawn get a hotel room because by creating a matrix of threats around the king side and gradually tightening a noose just so, my material disadvantage will become irrelevant, just like it did for kasparov in that game in spring of 1974 or fisher in fall of 1979 and etc etc etc.

this means that given the 1 minute per move allowed in these games, alphazero is able to negotiate its way into wildly +EV scenarios, not by getting snakecharmed by an integer based value analysis but by a protocol based on highly articulated aggression(exclam).

now, what is a far more interesting question that im sure will be answered eventually; what happens when stockfish is allowed 30 or 60 minutes instead of a single minute per move? because traditionally, aggression yields exploitable weakness, two sides of the same coin and all that, so perhaps with the event horizon extending further into the depth matrix, we start seeing stockfish convert losses into draws and eventually converting draws into wins via a single passed pawn, for example.

but if you scale those same processing advantages to alphazero, who knows?

Comments

devidee: Thanks mang

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Are you referring to heuristics? I read that it's looking at fewer positions per second than Stockfish by several orders of magnitude. It would have to be pruning a lot of branches off the decision tree to make that work. That's similar to how CMU approached poker IIRC.

I'm sure most of what it disregards are obviously terrible lines, but I can't help but wonder if this approach makes it vulnerable to unorthodox strategies.

again this is not a highly educated opinion but i believe its analysis protocol makes it likely to hulk smash unorthodox strategies.. i think that alphazero's weakness is going to be straightforward engines being allowed the resources to pursue deeper analysis, to the point where the ephemerals behind alphazero's positional strength are no longer ephemeral, but definitively quantifiable.

Load Metric
    by the way, in case anyone thinks this is just 'sonatine being dramatic' in my analysis, solomon is a legit chess talent (currently rated 1880 on chess.com) and agrees that alphazero just took every chess engine ever made until now behind the shed and put a bullet through their collective brain.

depth based analysis is over.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Fuck this, Id take the liquid metal T-1000 every single time.
    Slava Ukraini!

Thread Information