Thread: Will Russia be Allowed in 2018 Winter Olympics

Load Metric

Will Russia be Allowed in 2018 Winter Olympics

Seems lol they are making a decision like this so late in the game? The Olympics start Feb 9th.

The International Olympic Committee executive board will announce Tuesday whether Russia will be allowed to compete in the 2018 Winter Olympic Games.

On the eve of the 2016 Rio Games, the IOC came under huge pressure to ban the Russian team from the Olympics after an independent report by Canadian law professor Richard McLaren concluded the country had engaged in a state-sponsored doping conspiracy that benefitted 1,000 athletes across 30 sports between 2012 and 2015.

Load Metric
    Not only was there that report, but recently the NY Times obtained the journals of the former head of Russia's anti-doping agency and it turned out he was actually using that position to run a state-sponsored doping program.

HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    YAAASSSS
    Russia’s flag and anthem will be absent from February’s Winter Games in PyeongChang, South Korea, the International Olympic Committee announced Tuesday, as punishment for widespread doping Olympic officials believe was supported by the Russian government. Invited Russian athletes will compete under the name “Olympic Athlete from Russia” and under the Olympic flag.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Name:  iStock47643841422.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  35.8 KB

Comments

duped_samaritan: ^^this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    YAAASSSS
    Russia’s flag and anthem will be absent from February’s Winter Games in PyeongChang, South Korea, the International Olympic Committee announced Tuesday, as punishment for widespread doping Olympic officials believe was supported by the Russian government. Invited Russian athletes will compete under the name “Olympic Athlete from Russia” and under the Olympic flag.
    So they'll still be there, just without a flag or an anthem.

HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    If you haven't seen it, the Netflix doc Icarus is very much worth watching. It's a fairly serious amateur cyclist who decides to make a doc about doping, using himself as the subject. The goal was to use the latest and greatest methods he could find to elevate his performance to his highest possible levels, and see if he could compete with the best cyclists AND still pass the drug tests on the way. In the process of getting some professionals to help him set up and implement his various drug regimens and cycles, he ends up getting aid & advice from a guy who knows how to beat the system better than anyone - Dr. Grigory Rodchenkov, the man who ran Russia's state-sponsored doping anti-doping labs that made positive tests go away by the thousands.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80168079

Comments

DonaldTrumpsHairPiece: good doc

sonatine: watched last night, top top

MumblesBadly: The passages from GO’s “Nineteen Eighty Four” were so on point.

Load Metric
    There goes Russia's best chance to reclaim the Hockey Gold this year with the NHL not allowing players to go compete.. Individuals wont be punished as long as they've been cleared in testing, but any and all Russian team events are now DD..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    If you haven't seen it, the Netflix doc Icarus is very much worth watching. It's a fairly serious amateur cyclist who decides to make a doc about doping, using himself as the subject. The goal was to use the latest and greatest methods he could find to elevate his performance to his highest possible levels, and see if he could compete with the best cyclists AND still pass the drug tests on the way. In the process of getting some professionals to help him set up and implement his various drug regimens and cycles, he ends up getting aid & advice from a guy who knows how to beat the system better than anyone - Dr. Grigory Rodchenkov, the man who ran Russia's state-sponsored doping anti-doping labs that made positive tests go away by the thousands.

He was on Joe Rogan and was pretty good

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Russia not worried about the 2018 Olympics because they already have the bronze.

late night with Seth Meyers

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Seth Myers isn't even Canadian bro.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Seth Myers isn't even Canadian bro.
    Comedy is tho

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: 9.5/10

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Too late
    take time to think who you're talking to

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: awfully salty considering I just made you a thank you thread

Load Metric
    Looks like Russia won't be medaling in the Olympics!

Comments

limitles: excellent I might say

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I don't care I just wasn't in the mood to post a 5.5/10 joke right after you topped out. I thought it deserved better... you on the other hand not so much (probably)

Load Metric
    I don't buy it, even if they can't wave the flag the Russians will compete, Putin will allow it too. Imagine winning gold, taking a knee like Kap and revealing a Russian flag from you pants!

Only down side, imagine they test hot LuLz would big huge.

Load Metric
    Trump will manufacture a reason to pull the US out. Something, something, little rocket man, something.

All to suck up to Putin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

BUMP
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information