Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: Divided we code: Conservatives afraid to admit political views in Silicon Valley

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4506
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,044
    Blog Entries
    2

    Divided we code: Conservatives afraid to admit political views in Silicon Valley

    http://money.cnn.com/technology/divi...-conservatives

    This isn't just hyperbole.

    I have friends who work in Silicon Valley who have told me the exact same stuff as said in this video. Basically, if you admit you're a conservative, or if you dare speak out about anything from a conservative point of view, you will get pushed out of the company and fired for some flimsy reason.

    LOL ideological intolerance

  2. #2
    Doesn't help that the world's largest company is run by a cocksucker. No offense to anyone living there, but a nice 10.0 earthquake in the bay area should fix everything.

     
    Comments
      
      big dick: loser

  3. #3
    Banned
    Reputation
    95
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    2,316
    The law firm of Jew, Jew, and Jew will be outraged.

     
    Comments
      
      PLOL: Giggling

  4. #4
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4506
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,044
    Blog Entries
    2
    Also note that this video was put out by left-leaning CNN. It's not some right-wing propaganda piece.

  5. #5
    I agree Druff.

    The Liberals seem to paint all Conservatives as Redneck Nazis whenever they disagree on a topic.

    However they expect Conservatives to have open debates with them on various topics and eventually agree with them since their viewpoint is obviously correct.

  6. #6
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5197
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,660
    And yet the second conservative coders open their mouths, they claim women cant code right because their pussies break once a month.

    When the right wing is willing to clean its own shop of xenophobia, homophobia, religious extremism, class warfare, and stone ignorance, they can start holding other people accountable for intolerance.

    Meanwhile, actual conservatives are doing great in Silicon Valley working in finance and management and spending their downtime laughing their wealthy asses off at the yokels demanding code jobs who dont want to sit near icky gays or immigrants or heathens who would force bakers to cook cakes for people whose sexual orientation they dont agree with.

    Great thread tho, Rush Druffbaugh strikes again.

     
    Comments
      
      sah_24: never go full retard...
      
      ToasterOven: solid
      
      DJ_Chaps: troll gimmick is boring
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    And yet the second conservative coders open their mouths, they claim women cant code right because their pussies break once a month.

    When the right wing is willing to clean its own shop of xenophobia, homophobia, religious extremism, class warfare, and stone ignorance, they can start holding other people accountable for intolerance.

    Meanwhile, actual conservatives are doing great in Silicon Valley working in finance and management and spending their downtime laughing their wealthy asses off at the yokels demanding code jobs who dont want to sit near icky gays or immigrants or heathens who would force bakers to cook cakes for people whose sexual orientation they dont agree with.

    Great thread tho, Rush Druffbaugh strikes again.

    No one believes that women can't code. Women "can't" code because they aren't drawn to these type of jobs.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/technology/divi...-conservatives

    This isn't just hyperbole.

    I have friends who work in Silicon Valley who have told me the exact same stuff as said in this video. Basically, if you admit you're a conservative, or if you dare speak out about anything from a conservative point of view, you will get pushed out of the company and fired for some flimsy reason.

    LOL ideological intolerance
    Doesn't Team Retard's Kaepernick argument apply here?

    Employers aren't paying them to express political viewpoints, so shut the fuck up and code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  9. #9
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5197
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Onestep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    And yet the second conservative coders open their mouths, they claim women cant code right because their pussies break once a month.

    When the right wing is willing to clean its own shop of xenophobia, homophobia, religious extremism, class warfare, and stone ignorance, they can start holding other people accountable for intolerance.

    Meanwhile, actual conservatives are doing great in Silicon Valley working in finance and management and spending their downtime laughing their wealthy asses off at the yokels demanding code jobs who dont want to sit near icky gays or immigrants or heathens who would force bakers to cook cakes for people whose sexual orientation they dont agree with.

    Great thread tho, Rush Druffbaugh strikes again.

    No one believes that women can't code. Women "can't" code because they aren't drawn to these type of jobs.

    To zoom out for a second, the whole 'glass ceiling in tech' argument seems to be pure Linkedin-clickbait. I have never, in my life, worked in a shop that judged women for anything but their merits.

    That said, I have worked in Fortune-20 shops for the vast majority of my career.

    As for women being drawn to or repelled by code work, or any other IT role, again I see no indication that this is true.

    Racism, on the other hand, yyyyyikes..
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Onestep View Post


    No one believes that women can't code. Women "can't" code because they aren't drawn to these type of jobs.

    To zoom out for a second, the whole 'glass ceiling in tech' argument seems to be pure Linkedin-clickbait. I have never, in my life, worked in a shop that judged women for anything but their merits.

    That said, I have worked in Fortune-20 shops for the vast majority of my career.

    As for women being drawn to or repelled by code work, or any other IT role, again I see no indication that this is true.

    Racism, on the other hand, yyyyyikes..

    Is there alot of multitasking elements in coding? I am asking since the only idea of coding I have are from movies and tv shows where one person sits at a desk doing one thing for 10+ hours at minimum.

  11. #11
    Human coders will be obsolete soon anyway.

     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: super plausible

  12. #12
    There is no doubt an issue with this just like if you are a liberal guy spreading your politics at a oil rig or some s***. It is interesting that this was written by CNN but they have given no example of people actually being fired for being conservative except that Google guy. They give interviews of two guys who want to play a victim card. I am pretty sure if you are smart and talented and not like a trump boy brand conservative then your views will be accepted. Just don't go around saying women are inferior or blacks or whatever the f***. It isn't that hard. Seriously. It is not that hard
    Facts, reality, brains cannot defeat him.

  13. #13
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5197
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,660
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    There is no doubt an issue with this just like if you are a liberal guy spreading your politics at a oil rig or some s***. It is interesting that this was written by CNN but they have given no example of people actually being fired for being conservative except that Google guy. They give interviews of two guys who want to play a victim card. I am pretty sure if you are smart and talented and not like a trump boy brand conservative then your views will be accepted. Just don't go around saying women are inferior or blacks or whatever the f***. It isn't that hard. Seriously. It is not that hard

    but at this point in history, being conservative literally equals going around saying women/blacks/whatever are inferior and anything else our royal amphetamine addict picked up from infowarz comments sections.

     
    Comments
      
      LegalizeMeth: bingo
      
      sah_24: full retard
      
      DJ_Chaps: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  14. #14
    I don't want any brown or female code in my software and I'm forced to use AmigaOS, so much for white privilege
    http://pokerfraudalert2.freeforums.net
    1 Peter 5:8 — "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

  15. #15
    Platinum PLOL's Avatar
    Reputation
    850
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Trump 2020
    Posts
    4,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also note that this video was put out by left-leaning CNN. It's not some right-wing propaganda piece.
    Wait, I thought that wasn’t a credible news source
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

  16. #16
    NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Reputation
    1093
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    And yet the second conservative coders open their mouths, they claim women cant code right because their pussies break once a month.
    https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ely-disgusting

    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Children piss and shit themselves right and left. Why? Because they had not learned to control those functions of course. Women should take the time to learn how to properly clench their loose vaginas so when they hit puberty, they don't need to saunter around with fucking diapers and buttplugs in their pussies (and lets be real, those are exactly what all feminine "hygiene" products are).

    Think about it; if you're an adult and you flounce about, shitting and pissing yourself while doing the shopping or walking your dog, the verdict would be swift and entirely well deserved; severe mental illness, alzheimers, retardation, some combintation of the three.

    Oh but wait, you're a woman? Ohhhh ok cool you get a pass.

    The fuck is that?

    Women are just fucking lazy. You shat yourself until you learned to control your asshole, so how about you spend a weekend learning how to properly control your vagina so you can hold in your menstral blood until you can get to a toilet? Tampons should be training devices, not fucking solutions.

    And I have news for you ladies; men know you're all pampered, incompetent children. We know. We know that you claim to believe that bleeding is the thing that makes you adult women when in fact most of you never grow up at all. We laugh at you the same way we laugh at mentally handicapped children who have to wear diapers to school. And if we didn't laugh, we felt pity and/or abject disgust.

    So, ladies. Don't listen to all these adult-children who tell you it's perfectly okay to spew blood from your cunt past the age of 16. Because it is the opposite of ok. You can control how you shit, you can control how you piss, now control how you bleed.

    Get with the fucking program.
    Just sayin'

     
    Comments
      
      Onestep: GOLD TY
      
      BlunderMaker: HOF
      
      sonatine: men are for pleasure, women are for babies
      
      ftpjesus: roflmao.. That moment when Tine calls out sexism in IT and then gets his shit packed in for doing exactly what he complains about.
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    "So, yeah. I'm definitely a total fucking retard".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt
    NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

  17. #17
    NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Reputation
    1093
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Human coders will be obsolete soon anyway.
    This I doubt. Certainly not soon. And not before truckers will be obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    "So, yeah. I'm definitely a total fucking retard".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt
    NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Human coders will be obsolete soon anyway.
    This I doubt. Certainly not soon. And not before truckers will be obsolete.
    I agree with you as long as we are still considering Indians human.

     
    Comments
      
      Tellafriend: haha

  19. #19
    NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Reputation
    1093
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

    This I doubt. Certainly not soon. And not before truckers will be obsolete.
    I agree with you as long as we are still considering Indians human.
    Indians are just the absolute worst coders in the world AINEC.

    They are reasonable at boilerplate follow-a-process lowest-common-denominator IT support, but just fucking terrible at software dev.
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    "So, yeah. I'm definitely a total fucking retard".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt
    NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

  20. #20
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5197
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    I agree with you as long as we are still considering Indians human.
    Indians are just the absolute worst coders in the world AINEC.

    They are reasonable at boilerplate follow-a-process lowest-common-denominator IT support, but just fucking terrible at software dev.

    its also worth noting that they are the single most egregiously sexist and racist group in the workforce.

     
    Comments
      
      Onestep: 100%
      
      Belly Buster: noted
      
      ftpjesus: Its the whole caste system mentality.. They think peoples worths are based strictly on who your family was historically
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Silicon Valley - Why You Should Watch It
    By 4Dragons in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 02-23-2019, 10:03 PM
  2. The science is in: Conservatives are fraidy cats.
    By MumblesBadly in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-05-2017, 04:33 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2016, 10:10 AM
  4. Mike Judge's Silicon Valley
    By 4Dragons in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 06:57 PM
  5. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 09:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •