Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2017-18 NBA Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    khawi might be done for the year...jesus they fucked up that injury big time....
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-active-roster

Leonard is actually choosing not to come back, which is irritating Popovich.

I think they believe he's being overly cautious in order to save his free agency value, whereas Kawhi thinks they're being impatient with him.

The truth is that Spurs aren't getting past both the Rockets and Spurs this year, even with a healthy Kawhi, so they might as well not panic.

But yeah, what a weird injury.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Clippers killing the Suns 29-5 right now

lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also LOL at this:

Reminds me of Shaq, who used to challenge people (even reporters) to play him 1-on-1 if they questioned his free throw shooting. As if that proves anything.

Load Metric
    I’ll stake you $50k against Butler if you play him tomorrow Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I didn't see the injury. Hope its not too bad.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How would you feel if you're an Orlando Magic moneyline bettor, and some idiot at the Staples Center robbed you of the chance to get a catch-and-shoot game winning basket?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...on-loss-lakers

Horrible rule. Basically if the Lakers fuck up their own clock with 0.6 seconds left and start it early, it turns into an LOL jump ball where Orlando won't have time to get off a reasonable shot.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Meh. Didn't look like Gordon was going to get that tip in anyways. His body was leaning the wrong way. In this spot I dont think it made a difference, but probably something to clean up rule wise down the line regardless.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    In other news, I don't see Spurs making the playoffs this year. Their schedule is real tough down the stretch and they are barely in the playoffs now and not playing good BBall. Not surprising considering they are missing their best player pretty much all year, and a lot of other guys have been in and out of the lineup.

It is pretty amazing they have held on as long as they have as a relevant team, considering how high they have been drafting as long as they have. Look at their young "talent" (Murray, Anderson, Forbes, Bertans). Not much there. This is what happens when you have the 30th pick in the draft for 10 years straight.

Load Metric
    Spurs missing the playoffs is definitely a hot take.

In other news the t wolves are signing d rose, the washed up goofy that got his minutes taken by that other washed up goofy isaiah thomas. Thibs is truly awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Look at the spurs schedule and count the L’s coming up. I think they are a favorite to miss the playoffs.

Load Metric
    I somehow missed that hot take weeks ago by Butler. Would have been amusing to see a Lebron or Paul George beat him 21-5, but they’d never call out another guy in the league and embarrass him.

Load Metric
    Omfg that jaylen brown fall was one of the nastiest things ive ever seen in basketball
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lebron has reportedly narrowed next his destination down to 4 teams:

Cleveland, Lakers, Philadelphia. and Houston

If he goes to Houston, we'll basically have two NBA superteams and everyone else will just be going through the motions.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ee-agency-list

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

If he goes to Houston, we'll basically have two NBA superteams and everyone else will just be going through the motions.

As opposed to the last 3 years?

Load Metric

if you look at the rockets' cap situation, it seems impossible for lebron to go there. they'll be over the projected cap next year with chris paul's cap hold.

if they somehow manage to trade everyone outside of capela, gordon, paul and harden and take back zero salary (good luck trading ryan anderson's $20,000,000 next year without taking any money back), they would still only be under the cap by about $9 million

that's more than $20,000,000 less than what lebron could get from cleveland, philly and LA

i just can't see him accepting that

Load Metric

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    In other news, I don't see Spurs making the playoffs this year. Their schedule is real tough down the stretch and they are barely in the playoffs now and not playing good BBall. Not surprising considering they are missing their best player pretty much all year, and a lot of other guys have been in and out of the lineup.

It is pretty amazing they have held on as long as they have as a relevant team, considering how high they have been drafting as long as they have. Look at their young "talent" (Murray, Anderson, Forbes, Bertans). Not much there. This is what happens when you have the 30th pick in the draft for 10 years straight.
    Close call but it looks like denver is going to outbedshit the spurs to duck out of the playoffs. Looking at the difference in talent these teams have i really dont see how the nugs dont shitcan that head coach.

From a teamless fanboy perspective this is a shitty result. There is nothing fun about watching these spurs play whereas jokic/harris/murray are capable of putting on a pretty good show on any given night.

Jokics passing is on another level. For you oldschool guys think of arvydas sabonis. Hes that good. (At least)

As a consolation lets hope AD is healthy and plays out of his fucking mind, putting the fear of god in the higher seeds.

The twolves fucking suck and somehow decided bringing in derrick rose would make that less true. Predictably that hasnt been the case. That has to be the worst decision any “contender” has made this season. Remember when we respected thibs? What jokes he and doc rivers became.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

if you look at the rockets' cap situation, it seems impossible for lebron to go there. they'll be over the projected cap next year with chris paul's cap hold.

if they somehow manage to trade everyone outside of capela, gordon, paul and harden and take back zero salary (good luck trading ryan anderson's $20,000,000 next year without taking any money back), they would still only be under the cap by about $9 million

that's more than $20,000,000 less than what lebron could get from cleveland, philly and LA

i just can't see him accepting that
    Imo what lebron decides to do is dependent on how this season wraps up. For starters if they dont make the finals you can count on burning cleveland jerseys.

After that we’ll see where that brooklyn pick ends up. If they swoop the east and take whoever to 6/7 games somehow AND have a shot at drafting one of ayton/mo bamba/collin sexton/mykal bridges then he might be tempted to try again. The other question if they pick in the top 6/7 is who of the handful of disgruntled kinda-stars can they deal for?

But seriously who wants to see him in cleveland again... i like this young lakers core but I think even if they land lebron and paul george theyre probably still at least a year away and we know homeboy aint real patient.

Philly is half interesting but simmons is definitely nowhere near the kind of player lebron likes sharing the floor with. He has taken 0 (ZERO) three pointers this season that werent attempted buzzer beaters. Thats fucking incredible for an all star caliber guard in 2018. You could point to his situation with d wade but i always felt like staggered minutes was how they both got to eat. Plus looking back now the rest of that miami roster and spoelstra were extremely underrated. Spo could probably have all but 3 or 4 jobs of his choice right now. In other words, as good as d wade still was around 2013 you could easily argue that miami would have been more dominant with a lesser player who had a skillset that was more complementary to lebrons. (think kyle lowry or mike conley) You could also argue that bosh was more valuable to those teams than wade.

I dont have anything solid to refute what blake said about him fitting into houstons cap space except:
    1)those in the know seem to have found a way or two that they can pay him the max and
    2)he WILL be getting paid the max. I think ive mentioned on this site before that him (being the best in the world) taking less potentially fucks over his fellow players contract negotiations. Harrison “6th best player for the dubs” barnes obviously doesnt get anything close to the 4/$94mil deal he inked if the best in the game arent getting paid as though thats what they are.

Oh and gordon would 100% be dealt if LBJ chose houston.

Load Metric
    Brad Stevens is some kind of warlock or something coaxing a w against OKC on a night when Horford scores 5pts on shitty shooting, no Kyrie, and the Thunder kind of needing the win. Whatever they pay him, it’s not enough.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Brad Stevens is some kind of warlock or something coaxing a w against OKC on a night when Horford scores 5pts on shitty shooting, no Kyrie, and the Thunder kind of needing the win. Whatever they pay him, it’s not enough.
    he's a regular season god...now he just needs to get it done in the playoffs...unfair this year, but lets see what he does next year with a full squad...

I was skeptical as hell when the Celtics got him...thought NBA guys would never listen to him because he looks like fucking opie and doesn't seem like he has that ability to light fire under asses...but again he manages to get NBA teams to give a shit in the regular season which is just amazing...very happy that the Cs got him...

Load Metric
    One of a long list of things I love about Brad Stevens is that he is a straight shooter with the public.

You can put your bullshit detector on pause and just listen. The guy borders on completely unfiltered. Some of the things he says simply surprise me.

I’m not sure why he is like this. I mean what’s his angle with the truth? There really isn’t a precedent that I can use for comparison in the NBA.

Popovich is sarcastic and funny. Opie is more autistic but very likeable.

Thread Information