Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2017-18 NBA Thread

Load Metric
    LeBron James is making himself right at home in L.A. ... buying his second crib in the area.

Cavs better hope they win the title this year....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    LeBron James is making himself right at home in L.A. ... buying his second crib in the area.

Cavs better hope they win the title this year....
    Really hope this happens, despite not liking the Lakers since Shaq/Kobe.

The Lakers have a lot of interesting players, but it remains to be seen if any are genuine stars. My money is on Ingram.

Will be interesting if they still max max Paul George. Despite OKC looking bad, I think PG and Lebron would be deadly.

Really find the Cavs boring to watch for the last three seasons, despite still watching them heavily bc I love Lebron (and Kyrie). Those Miami teams have a bad rep due to The Decision etc but man were they lethal.

Comments

varys: '14/15 HEAT FTW
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Their are a few really good young teams in the league this year. 76ers are a fun team to watch and have have so many draft picks coming to them in the next few years.

It will be interesting to see where the T-Wolves finish because they have a lot of talented players on their roster too. It's time for someone new to step it up and shine in the western conference.
    A family friend whos a former bull and current knick says butler is lockerroom cancer and will never even be second fiddle on a championship team /sickbrag

Comments

ToasterOven: sick brag
    Last edited by varys; 12-07-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Should be interesting year.

Four very dominant teams so far: Houston, Boston, Cleveland (can't believe I'm saying this after their bad start), and GS
    theyre pretty simple to figure out...when LeBron wants them to be they are, when he doesn't theyre not...

as much as I want to get excited about this Celtics start I know it all comes down to LeBron in the playoffs...if he wants to punk out like he did before he left for Miami the Cs have a shot...if he wants to give it one last FU mode go at it, the Cs will be lucky to get a game...fucking depressing...at least with Jordan you knew that motherfucker wanted to rip your heart, lungs, and balls out every shot he got...
    yeah I need to revise this statement...LeBron aint punking out if he plays the Cs...I don't care if he's on full on 'I'm going to LA' mode...he's gonna want to shove it so far up kyrie's ass he'll average a triple double while scoring mid 30s-40 points a game....

Load Metric
    Unless the cavs somehow get younger im afraid the ECF will be real finals for the cavs this year. Hate the dubs but.. dubs in 5.
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Also anyone here who loves the NBA but cant be bothered to watch 10 reg season games to catch one good one... follow @worldwidewob on Twitter

Platinum
    Load Metric
    they had to follow up the amare stoudamire deal with another shitty contract...lol dolan...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From ESPN:

Popovich also revealed that Aldridge requested a trade last summer after a rough season. The coach talked the star big man out of his feelings after a few dinners and meetings. "I was very candid with him," Popovich said. "I told him, `I'd be happy to trade you. You get me a talent like Kevin Durant, and I'll drive you to the airport. I'll pack your bags. And I will drive you there, get you on the plane and get you seated.' He laughed, (and) I said, `But short of that, I'm your best buddy, because you're here for another year, and you ain't going nowhere. Because we're not going to get for you talent-wise what we would want, so let's figure this thing out.' And we did."

Interesting.

Incidentally, due to all of the injuries they've dealt with this year, most notably Kawhi Leonard who just can't seem to recover, Aldrridge has been an incredibly important piece preventing a complete Spurs collapse.

Even at full strength, though, this team isn't beating the Warriors in the playoffs.

Maybe a healthy Houston can do it -- especially if the Warriors lose players due to their own injury issues -- but not the Spurs.

And speaking of that, what about Curry's ankle? This has been dogging him his whole career. I do wonder if his brilliant career is going to be cut short, with the ankle perhaps forcing an unexpectedly early retirement. It's not going to happen yet, but I could see him ending things a lot sooner than people might think.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Well, he went about 3 solid years with no ankle injuries, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this is just your typical rolled ankle that happens to everyone (except Lebron somehow), and he will be fine once he fully recovers.

Also, the NBA is just more conservative with these kind of injuries than they used to be. I remember Kobe and MJ would roll their ankles and they would just keep playing, limping around. I don't even know how bad the current injury is. Might be something that people would have just played through in other times, or if it was another team that gave a shit about the regular season.

Load Metric
    From ESPN:

Popovich also revealed that Aldridge requested a trade last summer after a rough season. The coach talked the star big man out of his feelings after a few dinners and meetings. "I was very candid with him," Popovich said. "I told him, `I'd be happy to trade you. You get me a talent like Kevin Durant, and I'll drive you to the airport. I'll pack your bags. And I will drive you there, get you on the plane and get you seated.' He laughed, (and) I said, `But short of that, I'm your best buddy, because you're here for another year, and you ain't going nowhere. Because we're not going to get for you talent-wise what we would want, so let's figure this thing out.' And we did."

Interesting.

Incidentally, due to all of the injuries they've dealt with this year, most notably Kawhi Leonard who just can't seem to recover, Aldrridge has been an incredibly important piece preventing a complete Spurs collapse.

Even at full strength, though, this team isn't beating the Warriors in the playoffs.

Maybe a healthy Houston can do it -- especially if the Warriors lose players due to their own injury issues -- but not the Spurs.

And speaking of that, what about Curry's ankle? This has been dogging him his whole career. I do wonder if his brilliant career is going to be cut short, with the ankle perhaps forcing an unexpectedly early retirement. It's not going to happen yet, but I could see him ending things a lot sooner than people might think.
    The more interesting part of that Pop article was him acknowledging fault for trying to change Aldridge's game too much.

Still feels like GSW will waltz to the championship. Kind of forgotten how they nearly went 16-0 in the playoffs last year. Hopefully someone can muster up a fight, but I doubt it. Cleveland looks especially vulnerable right now but will recover and destroy the East, as they always do.

Kind of puts a damper on things when its so inevitable.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    LaMarcus is such a whiny bitch. He was in Portland, and obviously it hasn't changed. Asking to be traded away from the best franchise in the NBA with the best coach over the last 20 years. Maybe Pop talked some sense into him, but its hard to change a soft player. I still think he would be happiest being the best player on a shit team; put up his empty 30-10 every night, no pressure of the playoffs or too much media attention.

Load Metric
    Rajon Rondo is unhappy with the Celtics’ plan to honor Isaiah Thomas.

Couple things. I love Rondo that triple double machine, and quirky genius. Kid has a ring with Celtics and went to game 7 with Lakers in the finals.

Boston, unlike Druff and the rest of LA, doesn’t applaud division championships. Thomas didn’t accomplish shit. He played only 3 years in Boston for chrissakes.

Inch for inch a great player and gave us a lot of fun nights last two years.

What Rondo doesn’t appreciate is Danny Ainge absolutely smoked the Cavaliers with that trade. He made the Cavaliers worse but even better planted a Trojan horse in Cleveland. Every time LeBron and Thomas are on the floor the defense becomes non-existent.

Ainge is feigning appreciation and is posturing that Isaiah Thomas was a meaningful and difficult loss. If you keep embarrassing other teams every time you trade no one will return your calls.

Cavaliers are cooked and LeBron can bite it.

Love ya Rondo but appreciate the theater.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-17-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Rajon Rondo is unhappy with the Celtics’ plan to honor Isaiah Thomas.

Couple things. I love Rondo that triple double machine, and quirky genius. Kid has a ring with Celtics and went to game 7 with Lakers in the finals.

Boston, unlike Druff and the rest of LA, doesn’t applaud division championships. Thomas didn’t accomplish shit. He played only 3 years in Boston for chrissakes.

Inch for inch a great player and gave us a lot of fun nights last two years.

What Rondo doesn’t appreciate is Danny Ainge absolutely smoked the Cavaliers with that trade. He made the Cavaliers worse but even better planted a Trojan horse in Cleveland. Every time LeBron and Thomas are on the floor the defense becomes non-existent.

Ainge is feigning appreciation and is posturing that Isaiah Thomas was a meaningful and difficult loss. If you keep embarrassing other teams every time you trade no one will return your calls.

Cavaliers are cooked and LeBron can bite it.

Love ya Rondo but appreciate the theater.
    I love IT but enough of this shit.

He gave it all for Boston, as he should have. They traded him when a better opportunity came up.

All of these tribute videos are bullshit anyways. Let fans cheer/chant/boo if they're so inclined.

My non-American fans think its absurd that we have to be prompted to cheer at our sports and i have to agree.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    All Star game starters revealed:

East:
    Lebron - CLE
    Antetokounmpo - MIL
    Embiid - PHI
    Irving - BOS
    DeRozan - TOR

West:
    Harden - HOU
    Durant - GS
    Curry - GS
    Davis - NO
    Cousins - NO

Does anyone else feel weird that the West's All Star team is 40% of the mediocre New Orleans starting squad?

To be fair, Anthony Davis has owned heads lately, though.

I wonder how Kyrie and Lebron will get along, now that they're back on the same team for one night.

Full team rosters will be announced on January 25.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Blake Griffin traded for Harris and Bradley. I think Detroit is legitimately trying to make a playoff push with this move. But I don't have a clue what the Clippers motivation is.

Are they trying to reset around Tobias Harris? Since he came back from injury I thought Blake and the Clippers were playing really well and looked like they were in a good groove and everyone was getting along. I thought they were going to stand pat and play out the season, get a high seed and try to upset some higher seeds (specifically Houston) in the playoffs. Now I dunno what they are doing.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Blake Griffin traded for Harris and Bradley. I think Detroit is legitimately trying to make a playoff push with this move. But I don't have a clue what the Clippers motivation is.

Are they trying to reset around Tobias Harris? Since he came back from injury I thought Blake and the Clippers were playing really well and looked like they were in a good groove and everyone was getting along. I thought they were going to stand pat and play out the season, get a high seed and try to upset some higher seeds (specifically Houston) in the playoffs. Now I dunno what they are doing.
    think theyre trying to blow it up...they are shopping deandre and sweet lou as well...interesting that they'd jettison griffin before they moved those two...I love lou...dude can just score at will which would definitely be useful to some "contender" out there...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

think theyre trying to blow it up...they are shopping deandre and sweet lou as well...interesting that they'd jettison griffin before they moved those two...I love lou...dude can just score at will which would definitely be useful to some "contender" out there...
    Sweet Lou is one of the more underrated NBA players. I grimaced when the Lakers traded him last year mid-season, with some nonsense that he didn't really fit into their long-term plans. In the meantime, Lakers continue to be an awful, dysfunctional mess. Lou wasn't going to make the team good, but he was keeping them from being quite as pathetic.

I'm surprised by the Griffin trade. Like you, I noticed the Clippers were looking a lot better after their poor early season. They weren't going to win the West under any circumstances, but they were headed for the playoffs, and as you said, might have even upset someone. They've actually done better than expected without Chris Paul.

Now there's no more Griffin and no more Paul, and Steve Ballmer has to be looking at their roster and wondering why he paid $2 million for this perpetual failteam.

Racist old Donald Sterling got outed at the perfect time, just as the Clippers were most exciting and looking like a future champion. It also didn't hurt that the Lakers were in a shame spiral, and the Clippers were the better team in LA. Since then, the Clippers have basically been the Toronto Raptors -- good in the regular season, but never quite strong enough to really be a strong contender to win the Conference. The departure of Chris Paul was pretty much the concession of that, and now Griffin's exit is the nail in that coffin.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Speaking of the Raptors, remember when I said I wanted to bet them at +1600 to win the East, and everyone (including those from Toronto) laughed at me?

Now look what ESPN is saying: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ptors-real-nba

That was basically my feeling over a month ago.

Now they're 7-1, which I don't even think is a bad bet, but not quite long enough to be worth doing.

They look better this season than I've ever seen them, and given Cleveland's massive struggles, there is no longer a dominant force in the East to stop them. Honestly, both Cleveland and Boston are both full of massive dysfunction, and both could implode in the playoffs.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Sweet Lou is one of the more underrated NBA players. I grimaced when the Lakers traded him last year mid-season, with some nonsense that he didn't really fit into their long-term plans. In the meantime, Lakers continue to be an awful, dysfunctional mess. Lou wasn't going to make the team good, but he was keeping them from being quite as pathetic.

I'm surprised by the Griffin trade. Like you, I noticed the Clippers were looking a lot better after their poor early season. They weren't going to win the West under any circumstances, but they were headed for the playoffs, and as you said, might have even upset someone. They've actually done better than expected without Chris Paul.

Now there's no more Griffin and no more Paul, and Steve Ballmer has to be looking at their roster and wondering why he paid $2 million for this perpetual failteam.

Racist old Donald Sterling got outed at the perfect time, just as the Clippers were most exciting and looking like a future champion. It also didn't hurt that the Lakers were in a shame spiral, and the Clippers were the better team in LA. Since then, the Clippers have basically been the Toronto Raptors -- good in the regular season, but never quite strong enough to really be a strong contender to win the Conference. The departure of Chris Paul was pretty much the concession of that, and now Griffin's exit is the nail in that coffin.
    Lou Williams trade from Lakers was a straight tank move. They needed to be in top 3 to keep their pick, and he probably would have single handedly screwed that up.

Assuming the Clippers are tanking (I really don't know) the Lakers could actually probably get Lou traded back next year if they can construct a team where they are ready to win now, which seems unlikely.

Thread Information