Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2017-18 NBA Thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

I wonder if the NBAPA gives a fuck that they have shit all over the league with the whole not flattening out of the salary cap a few years back...

these playoffs have been fucking terrible and the hope was that at least the HOU/GS series would be good before the inevitable finals asskicking happened...those games have been fucking shit...

I'm guessing they don't because they got theirs, but they woulda gotten theirs anyway...just woulda been spread out and Harrison barnes and chandler parsons wouldn't have gotten like 20+/year...
    I havent watched a single game except for the first 2 Blazers round 1 games, then I knew they were toast. The rest of the NBA just is not interesting to me anymore. A couple superteams and the rest of the teams acting like they might have a chance, just to keep the fans coming. I suppose Boston is a fun story, but no way that team wins in the finals. Be interesting if they had Kyrie and Heyward.

Year-by-year my NBA vs NHL playoff watching fluctuates....this year the NHL is killing it with the better storylines. I wonder if some books are really starting to sweat a Vegas stanley cup win.
    literally the only reason I have enjoyed the playoffs is because I'm a Celtics fan and it's just great to see the young guys stepping up...I mean other than that I don't see what the hell in these playoffs would capture a casual fans' interest..

what was vegas' price? 250:1 or was it higher?
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 05-21-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I havent watched a single game except for the first 2 Blazers round 1 games, then I knew they were toast. The rest of the NBA just is not interesting to me anymore. A couple superteams and the rest of the teams acting like they might have a chance, just to keep the fans coming. I suppose Boston is a fun story, but no way that team wins in the finals. Be interesting if they had Kyrie and Heyward.

Year-by-year my NBA vs NHL playoff watching fluctuates....this year the NHL is killing it with the better storylines. I wonder if some books are really starting to sweat a Vegas stanley cup win.
    literally the only reason I have enjoy the playoffs is because I'm a Celtics fan and it's just great to see the young guys stepping up...I mean other than that I don't see what the hell in these playoffs would capture a casual fans' interest..

what was vegas' price? 250:1 or was it higher?
    500:1 at the start

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyone know the price on Vegas when the regular season was over?

I won't say that I felt they would win the Stanley Cup when the season started, but before the playoffs began, I felt this was a special team and they were going to do it.

I meant to look up lines on the Stanley Cup but forgot.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I remember when the NBA playoffs started I was listening to a podcast with Bill Simmons and Cousin Sal and they were talking about how the Rockets were bigger favorites to win the West than the Warriors, who were actually + (meaning you could win more than you bet). Anyways, I remember Simmons specifically saying I bet we are going to look back in a few weeks and wonder how the hell the Warriors weren't giant favorites to win the West and how dumb we were to not jump on them at + odds.

It certainly looks like that is exactly where we are.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I remember when the NBA playoffs started I was listening to a podcast with Bill Simmons and Cousin Sal and they were talking about how the Rockets were bigger favorites to win the West than the Warriors, who were actually + (meaning you could win more than you bet). Anyways, I remember Simmons specifically saying I bet we are going to look back in a few weeks and wonder how the hell the Warriors weren't giant favorites to win the West and how dumb we were to not jump on them at + odds.

It certainly looks like that is exactly where we are.
    Count me as someone who thought the Rockets were going to win the West. I mean, it's still possible, but this next game is pretty much must-win for them.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Lebron pull off a miracle and single-handedly beat Boston, for one last hurrah in the Finals with Cleveland, though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Anyone know the price on Vegas when the regular season was over?

I won't say that I felt they would win the Stanley Cup when the season started, but before the playoffs began, I felt this was a special team and they were going to do it.

I meant to look up lines on the Stanley Cup but forgot.
    I didn't look, but I imagine after their reg season they were either the 2nd lowest odds in the west behind Nashville, or maybe 3rd behind nash and Winnipeg. Couldn't have been higher than 5:1 at that point i would think.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If Houston doesn't win this series, they are going to really regret this game.

17 point lead after 1... you can't chunk that off against a team like Golden State.

Now momentum is on the Warriors' side and I'm pretty sure they're winning this one, even though it's a 6-point game at the moment.

I think Warriors win the series provided they hold on today.

Load Metric
    Worst officiating ive ever seen. These refs are trying to convince us that swaggy is an all NBA defender. Disgrace.

Also, im officially calling into question steve kerr has a head coach. These lineups with looney/bell/livingston are horrid and have kept this series way closer than necessary imo. Add that to the david west experiment from game 5 that CP3 feasted on and im not sure were looking at anything better than scotty brooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Platinum
    Load Metric
    warriors looked like such shit after 1...was tempted to live bet them at -2 after the 1st, but they were chucking up such shit that I thought that they were gonna lose...

don't know if Houston can do this without paul...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Worst officiating ive ever seen. These refs are trying to convince us that swaggy is an all NBA defender. Disgrace.

Also, im officially calling into question steve kerr has a head coach. These lineups with looney/bell/livingston are horrid and have kept this series way closer than necessary imo. Add that to the david west experiment from game 5 that CP3 feasted on and im not sure were looking at anything better than scotty brooks.
    I'm going to be clear here. Whichever west team makes it will be the favorite in the finals. That being said I've seen enough shit in the finals that I wouldn't be afraid to take a small bit on the east esp if it's the Celtics.

The 10-1 floated last week looks like a bargain

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

I'm going to be clear here. Whichever west team makes it will be the favorite in the finals. That being said I've seen enough shit in the finals that I wouldn't be afraid to take a small bit on the east esp if it's the Celtics.

The 10-1 floated last week looks like a bargain
    what price you think you can get on the Celtics v Houston? Against a Paul-less Houston I'll throw down on the Celtics at a reasonable price...

he's got the 'let the star go fucking bonkers and try to contain the complementary pieces' strategy down since he's been doing it for 3 rounds now...

Load Metric
    What an absolute shit sandwich Lebron has tonight. He can go apeshit from the tip, but even if he scores 50, you need another 50 minimum from a collection of scrubs who haven’t hit a shot in Boston. If he tries to pass and get them off early like he has in two of the games in Boston, and they don’t hit shots, he goes into the second quarter down 17 trying to climb the hill by himself. I hope he just trusts his teammates, because if they don’t hit shots, it won’t matter what he scores. If I was a neutral observer, I think I’d go against all conventional wisdom of betting on the veteran team with the best player in the world and fire on Boston. Love, while not playing well, was the only one who has been able to crack double digits in Boston. I’m trying to picture how the Cavs win, and it’s hard to picture short of JR Smith having one of his 7/8 3 nights, and them eeking out some 96-93 type win if Boston happens to have an off night shooting. But the starting backcourt hasn’t been able to score 10 between both of them in Boston. Korver has been solid, but only good for 25 minutes and a defensive liability at times. Just hard to see how the Cavs win unless like 5 things go exactly as necessary. They really need some points from unexpected places in a hostile environment.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Was talking with a buddy of mine who is a Celtics fan and we are both absolutely terrified of a nuclear night from JR...I know he's been shit but he has it in him to do that...

We figure if he starts to go off, Stevens puts smart on him and that gets in JRs head and he's done for the rest of the game...
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 05-27-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Load Metric

Question

Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    What an absolute shit sandwich Lebron has tonight. He can go apeshit from the tip, but even if he scores 50, you need another 50 minimum from a collection of scrubs who haven’t hit a shot in Boston. If he tries to pass and get them off early like he has in two of the games in Boston, and they don’t hit shots, he goes into the second quarter down 17 trying to climb the hill by himself. I hope he just trusts his teammates, because if they don’t hit shots, it won’t matter what he scores. If I was a neutral observer, I think I’d go against all conventional wisdom of betting on the veteran team with the best player in the world and fire on Boston. Love, while not playing well, was the only one who has been able to crack double digits in Boston. I’m trying to picture how the Cavs win, and it’s hard to picture short of JR Smith having one of his 7/8 3 nights, and them eeking out some 96-93 type win if Boston happens to have an off night shooting. But the starting backcourt hasn’t been able to score 10 between both of them in Boston. Korver has been solid, but only good for 25 minutes and a defensive liability at times. Just hard to see how the Cavs win unless like 5 things go exactly as necessary. They really need some points from unexpected places in a hostile environment.

Fmp. 89-86

Platinum
    Load Metric

Fmp. 89-86
    rozier's no show is killing the Celtics...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    gg BCR...very tough one to lose for the Cs...with love wouldn't have been so bad, but without love that's a very tough one to swallow...

overall great playoffs for the Celtics...young guys got a lot of high leverage play which can only help in the future...

Load Metric
    lol boston

Load Metric

gg BCR...very tough one to lose for the Cs...with love wouldn't have been so bad, but without love that's a very tough one to swallow...

overall great playoffs for the Celtics...young guys got a lot of high leverage play which can only help in the future...

So happy to get 4 more games of Bron

Future couldn’t be any brighter for Celts

Tatum top 5 NBA player within 4 years

Amazing how TT eats up Horford while Embiid got owned. PNR defense is God. Embiid has to work on that

I had half a dozen under 10s is western pa cheering. One kid said he wanted Celtics to win. He didn’t get a $20

Platinum
    Load Metric

Amazing how TT eats up Horford while Embiid got owned. PNR defense is God. Embiid has to work on that

I had half a dozen under 10s is western pa cheering. One kid said he wanted Celtics to win. He didn’t get a $20

if GS wins tomorrow I don't know what the hell kinda trick LeBron is gonna have to pull outta his ass to win that series...itll be one helluva trick tho...

Load Metric

if GS wins tomorrow I don't know what the hell kinda trick LeBron is gonna have to pull outta his ass to win that series...itll be one helluva trick tho...
    G.O.A.T.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information