Load Metric
    rising star challenge tonight is basically the sixers vs. the world

embiid, simmons and saric on the world team

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

Is Embiid even playing? I actually have a financial interest in this because I actually have draftkings lineups for this game. At this point I don't have him in any lineups, because it is just too risky he won't play at all or if he does it will be very little.

-As an aside, my general strategy is to focus on guys who can get hot from 3 (e.g. Murray, Hield) and athletic high-usage PGs (Mitchell, Smith Jr).
    I am avoiding the plodding more interior guys like Sabonis. They just don't do much in these types of games in my research.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Is Embiid even playing? I actually have a financial interest in this because I actually have draftkings lineups for this game. At this point I don't have him in any lineups, because it is just too risky he won't play at all or if he does it will be very little.

-As an aside, my general strategy is to focus on guys who can get hot from 3 (e.g. Murray, Hield) and athletic high-usage PGs (Mitchell, Smith Jr).
    I am avoiding the plodding more interior guys like Sabonis. They just don't do much in these types of games in my research.

not really sure tbh. i've got him in my lineup against lol wow so i should check.

also i'm feeling simmons vs mitchell for a rookie of the year grudge match

Load Metric

embiid's playing according to local newspaper from today

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...-20180216.html

i can see a few simmons to embiid lobs so you may want to get him in

you're making me tweak my lineup to get more guards in now

Platinum
    Load Metric

Yeah. Embiid would be the one inside player I could see doing well in this game. Because the PGs would go out of their way to feature him. And he is actually good so they would want to pass it to him.

Load Metric

Yeah. Embiid would be the one inside player I could see doing well in this game. Because the PGs would go out of their way to feature him. And he is actually good so they would want to pass it to him.
    apparently the problem with the embiid play is that there will be zero defense so no rebounds and no blocks. also he won't be posting up at all so this is an all around botch job by me

simmons vs. mitchell looks legit though and that mitchell dunk was sick

Platinum
    Load Metric

apparently the problem with the embiid play is that there will be zero defense so no rebounds and no blocks. also he won't be posting up at all so this is an all around botch job by me

I worked late and didn't watch the game at all. I looked at the box score and Embiid only played 9 minutes. Not surprising at all. He is banged up and is playing in the real all star game. Why the fuck should he care about going up against these scrubs. The center he was up against was John Collins. Collins isn't even a starter on the Hawks. Why the fuck would Embiid get up for that.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Embiid can actually score so he is a little bit of a different case. But yeah, if he was on a real basketball slate with all these guys he would probably be #6 most expensive guy, and in this format he is #11 because the non scoring related stats aren't going to be there.

But he can actually score, so it is not like he is Drummond or Horford, who are absolutely useless in this kind of game (and are priced accordingly)

Load Metric
    Dont sleep on john collins. Man this rookie class looks promising with tatum looking like the highest ceiling out of the group. Out of the second year guys simmons obviously leading the way but jaylen brown is my fav among them.

Will kyrie be the 4th best player in boston in 2 seasons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Its not Game 7 of the finals intensity, but halfway through the 1st Q this all star game the players are playing much more intense with stingier defense than last year. I think the O/U ends up lower than a lot of Houston Rockets regular season games do. Definitely under 337 (or whatever the final line ended up being.)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Its not Game 7 of the finals intensity, but halfway through the 1st Q this all star game the players are playing much more intense with stingier defense than last year. I think the O/U ends up lower than a lot of Houston Rockets regular season games do. Definitely under 337 (or whatever the final line ended up being.)
    Yeah I ignored the betting on this, didn't even know the line til it started.

Had I known it was in the 330s, I would have bet the under, because they were pretty much coming out and saying they were going to play some real D this year, and that brings the total way down.

I know everyone is still reeling from last year's lol 374 point total, but just a little defense will bring that down a ton, and that's what happened.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    With that said, this Team Lebron and Team Steph crap is boring, and I'm not into it at all.

West vs. East was so much better.

This has all the drama of arbitrarily picked teams on the elementary school blacktop.

Load Metric
    blakes rising stars dfs score was hilariously bad

Load Metric
    couple two things this apple ali ad is so cringe and second lakers should have never fired dantonio

Load Metric
    like if you own an apple device feel shame after that fucking ad

Load Metric
    plz let adam silvers ears trend on twitter if there is a god

Load Metric
    https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/da...cuban-response

The hits keep on coming (cc: Harvey Weinstein and Athlete Blacklist threads). I find it hard to believe Cuban knew nothing of any of this for 15+ years.

Comments

varys: Holy shit

Sanlmar: The cowards never started. The weak died along the way. That leaves us.
    Last edited by KidPresentable; 02-20-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Looks like someone is worried Mark Cuban could be a republican political risk down the line so they want to squash his aspiring political career now.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    khawi might be done for the year...jesus they fucked up that injury big time....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like someone is worried Mark Cuban could be a republican political risk down the line so they want to squash his aspiring political career now.
    Weird how he was a big Hillary supporter, yet says he'd run as a Republican if he ever ran for President.

I think he's just being opportunistic.

Like Trump, he doesn't give much of a shit about parties, and just would want to run on whatever platform would get him elected.

But yeah, this won't be a good look if he ever does run.

Then again, look at all the bad stuff about Trump which just rolled right off his back.

Of course, Trump would have lost if the Dems either had a better candidate or didn't misread the pulse of working class America so badly in 2016.

Thread Information