Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2017-18 NBA Thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    This is a really weird take druff. How much of lebron do you even watch? He has already been in two situations where he played part time second fiddle to another star and has three titles to show for it. Watching him now in this game 2 he doesnt exactly look thrilled to have to be doing everything for this weak cavs team to avoid having to play 6 or 7 games in the first two rounds.

He seems like the perfect candidate to take on the duncan/late career kareem role.

Also is anyone else taking notice if oladipo? Dude is ridiculously good.
    I am still at work. I just looked at his 1st half stat line: 28/8/4. WTF. That is crazy.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Blake:

Sorry I didn't enter the DK tourney. Was real busy at work (and of course some arguing of political nonsense) and forgot. I will play tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is a really weird take druff. How much of lebron do you even watch? He has already been in two situations where he played part time second fiddle to another star and has three titles to show for it. Watching him now in this game 2 he doesnt exactly look thrilled to have to be doing everything for this weak cavs team to avoid having to play 6 or 7 games in the first two rounds.

He seems like the perfect candidate to take on the duncan/late career kareem role.

Also is anyone else taking notice if oladipo? Dude is ridiculously good.
    He has never been second fiddle. He's shared the star role, but he was always considered the real star of the team. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have been happy.

Oladipo is very underrated and pretty much has been the Pacers this year. The record of the team with and without him this season was staggeringly different.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay, I'm firing.

San Francisco (Stratton) +141 at Arizona (Ray)

Starts at 6:40 PDT

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Okay, I'm firing.

Are you aware that this is the NBA thread rather than the wagering thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Okay, I'm firing.

mods please delete the baseball related posts

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

By all accounts it appears noone like Kobe and he wasn't a very good teammate. I think Lebron's decline will be more like Duncan's where he is still able to recruit and effectively play with very good players to play with him (who will eventually overtake him) as his skills decline and remain on competitive teams until the end.

As opposed to Kobe's situation of being diminished while the highest paid player in the league on a team with no hope of competing or putting pieces around him to remain competitive.
    Disagree.

I mean, I agree that Kobe was selfish and not a good teammate, but Lebron has a HUGE ego (possibly even bigger than Kobe's), and that will be his undoing in his later years if he no longer has star capability.

Tim Duncan was the opposite. Egoless and mild-mannered, and let himself transition out from team superstar to role player.

Can you see Lebron playing second fiddle to anyone else on the team, even in 7 years? I can't.
    i can see him playing second or even third fiddle in the right situation

Name:  5-ways-the-Sixers-convinced-LeBron-James-to-complete-the-process-in-Philly.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  339.5 KB

Name:  lebronjames-bensimmons-03022018-usnews-getty-ftr_asq8x214vzr813xx1rjy1aiko.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  271.9 KB

Name:  2d09c05083a2602338bd512da7fab276-1-maxw-654.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  50.4 KB

Name:  without-playbutton-2.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  97.9 KB

Load Metric
    Gregg poppovich’s wife died today. Lebron and KD both nearly cried on camera when they found out. What vultures the fucking media are though. Lebron just won a playoff game and courtside you drop that shit on him? Why?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay, I'm firing.

Ugh, and of course it won, too.

Hopefully people who browse the wagering thread browse this one too.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Gregg poppovich’s wife died today. Lebron and KD both nearly cried on camera when they found out. What vultures the fucking media are though. Lebron just won a playoff game and courtside you drop that shit on him? Why?
    Yeah, I am gonna have to watch the game tonight on mute. I can just tell right now the broadcast is going to way overdo it, and it is just going to be upsetting. I think people should be allowed to grieve in their own way in private without a camera shoved in their face.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Staying in the same game, man that Warriors -4 is looking tasty right about now. Although I already know:

Name:  519e34b31999776b87dc5939bead9e89.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  8.6 KB

Edit: Wrong thread but I am on phone now so just gonna leave it.
    Last edited by ErickAA; 04-19-2018 at 06:32 AM.

Load Metric
    Ugh, and of course it won, too.

Hopefully people who browse the wagering thread browse this one too.

I probably fucked you up because HK asked me a question about Cleveland's reaction to LBJ leaving, and I didn’t want to clog up the wagering thread with general chatter, so I copy and pasted the question and reply here because wagering thread=serious biz.

Load Metric
    As expected twitter was quick to blow up at that lady for the same reason searles just did. Obv she made a statement saying she had asked ahead if time and had their permission, blah blah nothing to see here.
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Boston fans (or whoever) you get to keep one and only one for their entire career..jaylen brown or jayson tatum.

Brown ftw

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Boston fans (or whoever) you get to keep one and only one for their entire career..jaylen brown or jayson tatum.

Brown ftw
    had this discussion with a buddy of mine...we were both torn, but would both keep tatum just because of where he is relative to where brown was in year 1...

love that the Cs have both of them...next year will be very interesting with the whole cast in tact...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Brown ftw
    had this discussion with a buddy of mine...we were both torn, but would both keep tatum just because of where he is relative to where brown was in year 1...

love that the Cs have both of them...next year will be very interesting with the whole cast in tact...
    What do you do if your the Celtics next year? Move Horford to C full time and go with Tatum and Heyward at forwards?

Platinum
    Load Metric

What do you do if your the Celtics next year? Move Horford to C full time and go with Tatum and Heyward at forwards?
    yeah I think so...stevens espouses that whole 'positionless basketball' philosophy so a guy like horford fits into that mold as a center...if that happens will be interesting to see the Celtics rebounding numbers next year...

Load Metric

Kawhi Leonard will cost heavy. C’s have endless young talent but there must be promises made not a rental

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Kawhi Leonard will cost heavy. C’s have endless young talent but there must be promises made not a rental
    that's where my conversation started with my buddy...if you have to give up brown or tatum to get kawhi which one do you give up?

that whole spurs/kawhi thing is really fucked up...just don't get it...the most drama free organization in sports is having an issue with the quietest NBA star in recent memory...

that being said if danny can do his danny thing and get kawhi in green next year I will be doing back flips...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't know if teams should commit big to Kawhi at this point.

This past season was beyond weird.

What started out as a seemingly moderate injury ended up dragging through the year. Popovich got pissed off and thought Leonard wasn't thinking of the team, but instead was being overly cautious for his own future. When Leonard did play, he was ineffective.

I don't recall ever seeing a situation like this in the NBA.

I just kind of think this might have taken the edge away from Leonard. Like we're going to see a player who is either consistently hurting, injury prone, or overly cautious.

Sometimes all it takes is one bad injury experience to ruin a very promising athlete's career.

I'm not saying Kawhi is done, but I also wouldn't want to build a franchise around him at this point.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...-a-tim-duncan/

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/g...and-the-spurs/

Thread Information