Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2017-18 NBA Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** 2017-18 NBA Thread

Since NBA discussion gets drowned out in the fast-moving wagering thread, this one is to discuss the NBA in general.

No picks here.

I'll start off with a LOL story about the Lakers implementing the "Lavar Ball Rule" to make it tougher for Lavar to talk to the media.

What a mess.

The Lakers knew what they were getting into when they drafted Lonzo, though...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...staples-center

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also I called it during Memphis' 5-1 start that they were terrible.

Look at them now.

That's a bad team.

I could tell when I watched their two early games against Dallas, which they split. Dallas was horrendous at the time (they've since improved a bit), and Memphis lost one game and almost choked away a big lead on the other. They had no killer instinct and just looked horrible, even in that win, and it was in a way to where it didn't appear to be just 2 bad games.

Sure enough, they've been an absolute disaster since then.

Toss up between Memphis and the Clippers regarding most disappointing team thus far...

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Go Celtics

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    Go Celtics
    Should be interesting year.

Four very dominant teams so far: Houston, Boston, Cleveland (can't believe I'm saying this after their bad start), and GS

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Go Celtics

Four very dominant teams so far: Houston, Boston, Cleveland (can't believe I'm saying this after their bad start), and GS
    Steph Curry left the arena on crutches

Will IT help or hurt the Cavs later this year?

Comments

BCR: He’ll help assuming he’s healthy. Its not as if he’s replacing a good defending PG. their offense should be off the charts.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Curry injury looked bad. Not a season ender, but a slew of injuries hitting GS is about the only thing that could add intrigue to this season. Nice to see Dwayne Wade embracing his role as sixth man. Playing quite well of late.

Load Metric
    Lakers will be NBA champs.....

Comments

HoodedN: SHUT THE FUCK UP

Muck Ficon: :noose
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Go Celtics

theyre pretty simple to figure out...when LeBron wants them to be they are, when he doesn't theyre not...

as much as I want to get excited about this Celtics start I know it all comes down to LeBron in the playoffs...if he wants to punk out like he did before he left for Miami the Cs have a shot...if he wants to give it one last FU mode go at it, the Cs will be lucky to get a game...fucking depressing...at least with Jordan you knew that motherfucker wanted to rip your heart, lungs, and balls out every shot he got...

Comments

varys: LBJ playing lights out right now

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Lakers will be NBA champs.....
    If you're gonna troll you should at least try to be good at it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

theyre pretty simple to figure out...when LeBron wants them to be they are, when he doesn't theyre not...

as much as I want to get excited about this Celtics start I know it all comes down to LeBron in the playoffs...if he wants to punk out like he did before he left for Miami the Cs have a shot...if he wants to give it one last FU mode go at it, the Cs will be lucky to get a game...fucking depressing...at least with Jordan you knew that motherfucker wanted to rip your heart, lungs, and balls out every shot he got...
    Jordan was a straight up killer. LeBron can be when he wants, but he also has an off switch. MJ did not

Comments

LegalizeMeth:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Also I called it during Memphis' 5-1 start that they were terrible.

Look at them now.

That's a bad team.

I could tell when I watched their two early games against Dallas, which they split. Dallas was horrendous at the time (they've since improved a bit), and Memphis lost one game and almost choked away a big lead on the other. They had no killer instinct and just looked horrible, even in that win, and it was in a way to where it didn't appear to be just 2 bad games.

Sure enough, they've been an absolute disaster since then.

Toss up between Memphis and the Clippers regarding most disappointing team thus far...
    Clippers have 4 of 5 starters injured right now, including their only All-Star quality player. I don't think very many teams would be doing much better in their position. Not sure calling them disappointing would be fair.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Their are a few really good young teams in the league this year. 76ers are a fun team to watch and have have so many draft picks coming to them in the next few years.

It will be interesting to see where the T-Wolves finish because they have a lot of talented players on their roster too. It's time for someone new to step it up and shine in the western conference.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Jordan was a straight up killer. LeBron can be when he wants, but he also has an off switch. MJ did not
    100% agree on everything...that's why Jordan will always be the GOAT and why I admire the hell outta him...at some point you think it has to get taxing to do that for 100 games a year, but he did it year in and year out...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    100% agree on everything...that's why Jordan will always be the GOAT and why I admire the hell outta him...at some point you think it has to get taxing to do that for 100 games a year, but he did it year in and year out...
    Counting this season for Lebron, him and Jordan have both played 15 seasons. And 2 of those seasons for Jordan were the Wizards at the end when he was washed up. So Lebron has already put together more good seasons in his career than Jordan did. He has also played almost 40 more playoff games, mainly cause he has gone deep in the playoffs pretty much every year where Jordan was bounced early a lot at the beginning.

You can definitely make an argument Jordan was better because his apex was higher, but I am not sure you can make the "year in and year out" argument, as Lebron has already had a longer prime and it isn't over yet.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    JOEL EMBIID IS GOD. sold a rookie card of him for 5k cpl weeks ago that I got for $450

the 6ers are the only interesting thing about the regular season with lonzo ball being a fail

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Counting this season for Lebron, him and Jordan have both played 15 seasons. And 2 of those seasons for Jordan were the Wizards at the end when he was washed up. So Lebron has already put together more good seasons in his career than Jordan did. He has also played almost 40 more playoff games, mainly cause he has gone deep in the playoffs pretty much every year where Jordan was bounced early a lot at the beginning.

You can definitely make an argument Jordan was better because his apex was higher, but I am not sure you can make the "year in and year out" argument, as Lebron has already had a longer prime and it isn't over yet.
    think the ding in the leborn v MJ argument is that LeBron goes through "soft" periods that Jordan never did...like hoodedN said, MJ didnt have an off switch...no argument that LeBron is the most dominant player in the game since wilt/Russell...

with him the most interesting thing to watch would if he decided to go full westbrook for a season to see what that would be...if he had a decent (not great) supporting cast I think he could probably do something like 50-15-15 for a year...

Load Metric
    Tonight I bet the Raptors @ -14 against the LOL Suns.

They were up 15, had the ball and dribbled out the shot clock to 5 seconds left.

Suns inbound the ball and drive for a fucking layup.

I suck at basketball sports betting.

Load Metric
    Portland sucks.

Don't let the gawdy defensive numbers fool you, currently regressing fast. They have been punked three games in a row at home and have looked completely lifeless. Lillard putting up empty numbers.

Just saw them lay an egg against a meh Wizards team coming off a back to back. Never seen that crowd so dead.

Faded them 3x in a row.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Portland sucks.

Don't let the gawdy defensive numbers fool you, currently regressing fast. They have been punked three games in a row at home and have looked completely lifeless. Lillard putting up empty numbers.

Just saw them lay an egg against a meh Wizards team coming off a back to back. Never seen that crowd so dead.

Faded them 3x in a row.
    They really do suck.

They aren't going to make the playoffs unless some other .500-ish western teams shit the bed.

On a side note, I find it strange to think about the fact that Steph Curry is shorter than me. I wonder if the Warriors could use a 45-year-old Jew to replace him while he's out.

Load Metric
    Shit bed last year at start of season, before signing nurkic and clawing their way to the 8th seed.

Am going to continue to fade when they play HOU on Saturday.

Chris Paul always fucks them up.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information