The NFL as we know it is finished. I am not going to say it will cease to exist, but it is going the way of professional boxing.

What is killing the NFL are several reasons. In no particular order:

1) Nobody wants to attend games any more. Stadiums are generally half empty. Have you been to an NFL game lately? It's an awful and expensive experience. I went to a Jets game last year and it was horrible. Cold, damp, getting up every 5 minutes so some clown can take a piss, $8 beers, etc.. I was like WTF am I doing here, I could not wait until the game was over. Ratings are also tanking, just too much on TV and Netflix is becoming a category killer

2) CTE. The lawsuits are just starting and they will never end. Parents simply are not going to allow their kids to play anymore

3) Baseball is on the rebound. Now that steroids are out of the game it's just a more compelling story for fans. Plus, baseball realized it is not a national sport. It's a local and regional sport and the individual teams locked up ridiculously lucrative local TV contracts. The light bulb went off, nobody in Seattle gives a shit about the Padres, but they sure do care about the Mariners. These local contracts are huge money makers and get high ratings. Remember Monday Night Baseball? When MLB finally realized nobody in Chicago cares about a Astros-Dodgers game they finally got it

4) NFL Player activity. Guns, Drugs, Rapes, Anthems, etc.. People are just worn out

5) But the biggest issue with the NFL is they over exposed themselves. They used to own Sundays afternoons. Now they broadcast Sunday mornings from Europe, Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night and Saturdays in December. Mix that with college football it's just too much. A analyst said it best the other day with the NFL: Ice cream is great, but too much kills you long term. Mark Cuban was right 5 years ago, the NFL was getting "hoggy" and pigs get slaughtered.

The NFL's best days are way behind them. As fewer kids play the game, the less interest will happen long term.

I am short on football, long on baseball. I wish there was a way I could bet it.