Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The NFL is collapsing

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jacosta24 View Post
    This thread faggot.
    its actually one of the best threads since Katie was ran off the forums. We need to find a way to get her back. This place has been god awful without her.

It was one of the most unrealistic events in forum history when they all turned on her overnight for writing that bad check and weighing only 94 pounds.

Katie do what Katie want though. She no victim. At least not in this realm. Katie got bands.

Load Metric
    whoa whoa whoa wait are we doing this instead of a 2018 hurricane watch thread or is this just one last big 2017 thread?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    Im over the NFL and i couldnt get enough of it at one time. that was when it was only on Sunday 1pm 4pm and monday night and not every other day. i couldnt give a shit to sit and watch an NFL game any more. i can follow the score on my phone if im that interested because ive got money on it but i could litterally never watch another NFL game and be happy with it. Baseball is another story, i love having a baseball game on tv even if im not watching just for background noise and im still a guy who loves baseball on the radio. FWIW i liked Monday Night Baseball as a kid because it was one of the few times id get the chance to see a national league game.

youre also right about the over saturation...its all day every day and im completely turned off by it
    Basically Goddell has failed to heed the warning of the Golden Goose.. Greed has damaged the NFL because they assumed hey whats better then Football on Sundays and a game on Monday lets shove every Thursday night downs peoples throats.. Also like it or not what hasn't helped was the NFLs handling of the Kraperdick fiasco and the protesting.. This started before Trump got elected and has continued problem is the political map hasn't changed.. A majority of folks are down right pissed and offended that these Millionaire snowflakes are taking actions that a majority of Americans are offended by.. Sure that shit may fly in LA and San Fran and NY but its an insult to Bob and his wife in Kansas and other places.. So while it might not hurt the attendance in the Huge cities due to their liberal slant it affects at least 25-26 of the remaining teams..

Load Metric
    The excessive and frankly obscene number of penalties called each game, and most often ones that affect the outcome of the game, have almost led me to stop betting on football.

Comments

sah_24: +1 literally can't play defense anymore ! Hitting a WR is frowned upon...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    The nfl is just a terrible product. I think I heard a stat that in a 3 hour game, only something like 12 minutes is actual gameplay. Gambling/fantasy shit is the only thing saving it. Very hard to watch, if you your team isn't playing, and the game has no gambling/fantasy implications for you. College is probably better because every game is almost must win for elite teams. Rarely is a regular season game that important in the nfl.

I dont know anyone that watches NFL without having some financial incentive to do so.

Any grown man that refers to a team as "my team" or "we lost because of blah blah" is probably a loser.
    I have NEVER understood "we". It's beyond stupid. And for some reason I'm thinking "the reports of the NFL's death are greatly exaggerated" even though I agree with much of what ScandiBob is saying.

Load Metric
    The future of NFL.

Load Metric
    Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) update

I could start a new thread but nobody here is serious about the NFL & wagering except me and Bob

Twitter and other reports indicate the oral argument went well for New Jersey, and badly for the NCAA and its allies (including the federal government).

I find this the best story under the radar ATM.

This could be decided before June 2018. Some say February as it is kinda a slam dunk given the makeup of the Supreme Court today.

The Supreme Court transcript and everything else below.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.fe66aa8ae4cb

NFL loses again.

Comments

Daly: Probably not the only one

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian Bob View Post
    I just added up my NY Jet's debacle last year. This was four guys meeting in NYC for other reasons than just football, so I will strip out the cost of airfare and hotels:

Ticket: $160
    Cost of Car to take us to the game: My portion $50
    Two Rounds of Beers for 4 guys: $64
    Cost of Car to take us from the game: My portion $50
    Other guys bought food and more beers
    Misery Index $1,000

So my actual cost out of pocket was $324. Factor in my misery index @ $250 a hour for 4 hours you are looking at $1,324. It was a fucking terrible experience, I hated every minute of it. We were back at the hotel bar that evening and we were trying to convince ourselves what a great time we had, but it sucked at we all knew it. Factor in we all had 6am flights the next morning from Laguardia, we just went to our rooms like at 8pm totally defeated.

I'll never go to n NFL game again, even if someone gave me Superbowl tickets. I hate the NFL. For the record, I went to several MLB games and had a great time relaxing in the upper deck with nobody around me, so its not like I have some stadium anxiety issues.
    Wait a minute!!! I just realized that you made this argument after reflecting on your experience as a Jets fan.

Comments

hongkonger: Fuck the Jets

Tellafriend: fuck mumbles
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Gronk gets 1 game suspension for likely biggest cheap shot you'll see all year. Hmm, NFL looked at their TV schedule. Patriots play Pittsburgh in two weeks. No way they they want to fuck with the ratings for that game. Then maybe they just let him off easy since he's white. Big black dude power slams a white QB, giving him a concussion, easily 2-4 game suspension.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anchordraw View Post
    Gronk gets 1 game suspension for likely biggest cheap shot you'll see all year. Hmm, NFL looked at their TV schedule. Patriots play Pittsburgh in two weeks. No way they they want to fuck with the ratings for that game. Then maybe they just let him off easy since he's white. Big black dude power slams a white QB, giving him a concussion, easily 2-4 game suspension.

What about the non suspension for AJ Green's chokeslam? Gronk should have gotten 1 game. Talib and Crabtree 3 games.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anchordraw View Post

What about the non suspension for AJ Green's chokeslam? Gronk should have gotten 1 game. Talib and Crabtree 3 games.
    No.
    Those were at least semi fair fights. Gronk hit someone on the ground for playing good D and gave him a concussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Need SS to make a video of Juju on the beat (and show the video of him destroying Burfict).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    The excessive and frankly obscene number of penalties called each game, and most often ones that affect the outcome of the game, have almost led me to stop betting on football.
    almost lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

its actually one of the best threads since Katie was ran off the forums. We need to find a way to get her back. This place has been god awful without her.

It was one of the most unrealistic events in forum history when they all turned on her overnight for writing that bad check and weighing only 94 pounds.

Katie do what Katie want though. She no victim. At least not in this realm. Katie got bands.
    i'm still friends with her. We had a great conversation on the email yesterday. I don't go south on my homies cause they write a bad check.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

She actually is a victim IMO. Was hella scummy for split this to doxx her because she called her a whore. Then split trys to act like she was doing it to save the forums. Most of the blame falls on Katie though. When I saw Katie post the pic of her drivers license it really had me scratching my head. Possibly the most bone headed decision in forum history.

Load Metric
    How good is this?

Lame LA sports fans. How soon before Dodgers?

FOX Is Seeking Los Angeles-Area Actors Who Can Pretend To Be Rams Fans

https://deadspin.com/fox-is-seeking-...end-1821152419

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    How good is this?

Lame LA sports fans. How soon before Dodgers?

FOX Is Seeking Los Angeles-Area Actors Who Can Pretend To Be Rams Fans

https://deadspin.com/fox-is-seeking-...end-1821152419
    Dodgers have no problem filling the stands. They never have, even when they sucked. LA is a Dodgers and Lakers town.

I think if they stay competitive the Rams will be fine when the move to the new stadium. The Coliseum is extremely hard to get in and out of, and it is a real uncomfortable place to watch a game because it is too big, there is no shade, and the air quality is normally bad. Once they move to the new stadium in Inglewood I think fans will start coming.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Makes no sense when you have as good looking of a QB as Goff that they wouldn't take advantage of that for marketing purposes.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Makes no sense when you have as good looking of a QB as Goff that they wouldn't take advantage of that for marketing purposes.
    I have seen him do interviews. He doesn't really have any charisma or presence. Neither does Gurley for that matter.

He is not particularly marketable right now IMO, even if you think he is good looking.

He is still young though. Maybe that is something that will come with time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Never watched an NFL game and never seen the appeal, and I been to live basketball and ice hockey games before which were good

No surprise that a sport full of juiced up jocks with inf strat breaks is falling by the wayside tbf

Thread Information