Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The news the MSM ignores because it does not fit the narrative

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Uhh, the president (((allegedly))) colluding with Russia is a bigger news story. Four murders in a weekend is what we call a good weekend in Chicago.

You think it's news that world leaders plan things together?
    He wasn't a world leader at the time. Flynn is going to testify against the President as part of a FBI investigation. Yeah, def not a story
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    The FBI really needs to get over itself. Isn't that the same organization that spent 10+ years searching for Osama Bin Laden all while news vans went in and out of his compound to conduct interviews?

Comments

PLOL: expert trolling

Load Metric

You think it's news that world leaders plan things together?
    He wasn't a world leader at the time. Flynn is going to testify against the President as part of a FBI investigation. Yeah, def not a story

Just like Oliver North did.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Politics are scary!!

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    One last question(maybe) not trolling. If he wasn't working for Trump at the time of this what is he going to say about Trump. Is it just gonna be some unrelated shit talking to top it off or what? LIke "Yeah FBI I totally lied to you n-words lmao... oh but Trump used to beat off to pics of his daughter though"

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Funny how I just scoured Fox News' website and didn't see anything about it on there either. You have to do a Google search to find any story about it on their site.

And oh, btw...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/29/us/tam...son/index.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...llings-n824721

Neither news org avoided this story, it's just that the dipshit in charge is doing so much fucked up shit there's only so much time to report on stuff like this now.
    Fox News is not journalism. It is news entertainment for old white people. The fact that it appears no-one can tell the difference anymore is a testament to how low real journalism has sunk IMO.

And regardless, they have their own motives for suppressing gun related homicide stories. Can we please stop it with the "better than Fox News" defense for the MSM?

Also, the news outlets know what they were doing. You had to do a google search to find that article, despite the fact you have probably been on the CNN website several times since the story came out. The media knows how people consume news on the internet and they know how to "report" stories in such a way so that it has as little impact as possible.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I can normally take this shit in stride but I woke up extra angry today. I'm sorry Grandma. I will do better.
    Calm down, nerd. OP specifically called out CNN for ignoring a story, and I then linked to a dozen articles from CNN about the story. And for some reason that's not a huge LOL to you?
    Again. CNN understands how people consume news. The way they bury stories they know there is a 0% chance most people who visit the website will ever see the article, much less read it. And no way in hell would they ever put a picture up of the suspect that wasn't buried deep. There is literally no mention of it on the front page. Do you think that would be he case if the shooter was white? IMO, it would have been the top headline on the front page with a big picture.

Load Metric
    How do you know it wasn't the top story at the top of the page with a big ass picture at some point but you just weren't logged on at the time to see it?

You do realize other stories pop up from time to time & stories already reported on move down the page don't you? If that wasn't the case the Kennedy assassination would most likely still be at the top, or very near the top, of the page.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    How do you know it wasn't the top story at the top of the page with a big ass picture at some point but you just weren't logged on at the time to see it?

You do realize other stories pop up from time to time & stories already reported on move down the page don't you? If that wasn't the case the Kennedy assassination would most likely still be at the top, or very near the top, of the page.
    Well, if there was that would definitely be pretty damning to my argument. I encourage you to go ahead and find it.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

Im going with Pearl Harbor

Comments

Hockey Guy: A great choice.
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

Well, if there was that would definitely be pretty damning to my argument. I encourage you to go ahead and find it.
    Yeah let me get in my time machine
    TRUMP 2024!

Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

Huh, imagine that.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Name:  1512146681189.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  78.6 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    I can normally take this shit in stride but I woke up extra angry today. I'm sorry Grandma. I will do better.
    Calm down, nerd. OP specifically called out CNN for ignoring a story, and I then linked to a dozen articles from CNN about the story. And for some reason that's not a huge LOL to you?
    Verm's a complete fucking clown and I look forward to the trainwreck of this thread.

These poo' white n-words who voted for Trump don't have an ounce of thought between all of them. Just repeat the populist bullshit. Don't question. Some deranged/demented old man who inherited a lot of money owns their fucking souls, bro.

#FACTS

Comments

herbertstemple: Just keep thinking that moron.

big dick: .

Gold
    Load Metric
    Again. CNN understands how people consume news. The way they bury stories they know there is a 0% chance most people who visit the website will ever see the article, much less read it. And no way in hell would they ever put a picture up of the suspect that wasn't buried deep. There is literally no mention of it on the front page. Do you think that would be he case if the shooter was white? IMO, it would have been the top headline on the front page with a big picture.
    #1 moron, murderers don't usually make first page of national news.

If we were in person, I'd ask you to start naming of murderers from past 5 years.

You'd sit around and look dumbfounded, then stare at your feet, shuffle about a bit, and shrug.

Load Metric
    Let's be honest, American media is a huge joke.

But Fox News is the lowest form of journalism I've ever seen.

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

If we were in person, I'd ask you to start naming of murderers from past 5 years.

You'd sit around and look dumbfounded, then stare at your feet, shuffle about a bit, and shrug.
    LOL. It was a serial killer and it had already made the front page of the national news several times while they didn't know who he was and were searching for him. Or I would have never known about it. Because like 99% of other people that visit news websites, I don't dig. I go through the front page and click on the links there.

When they caught him the media didn't like the narrative so the story was buried.

Anyways, to give just one example off the top of my head there was a story a few weeks ago where a white guy shot and killed a black woman in a road rage incident. His picture was front and center of the CNN and NYT for at least a day when he was ID'd. Ironically, around the same time (maybe the same day, I can't recall) a black doctor in NY shot up some of his coworkers in his hospital. But because he was black his picture never made the front page at all and the story was buried pretty quick.

You aren't going to win this one. The media definitely has a intentional bias towards showing white faces with negative stories, but not non-white faces, especially on the front page. I have no doubt as I keep updating this thread this will be very evident.

Gold
    Load Metric

LOL. It was a serial killer and it had already made the front page of the national news several times while they didn't know who he was and were searching for him. Or I would have never known about it. Because like 99% of other people that visit news websites, I don't dig. I go through the front page and click on the links there.

When they caught him the media didn't like the narrative so the story was buried.

Anyways, to give just one example off the top of my head there was a story a few weeks ago where a white guy shot and killed a black woman in a road rage incident. His picture was front and center of the CNN and NYT for at least a day when he was ID'd. Ironically, around the same time (maybe the same day, I can't recall) a black doctor in NY shot up some of his coworkers in his hospital. But because he was black his picture never made the front page at all and the story was buried pretty quick.

You aren't going to win this one. The media definitely has a intentional bias towards showing white faces with negative stories, but not non-white faces, especially on the front page. I have no doubt as I keep updating this thread this will be very evident.
    This is a good response. You're right, I won't win because ultimately CNN is very biased. I just think this idea of them "burying" news doesn't even begin to compare with how Fox or even more politicized media outlets do it.

I actually consider myself to have an addiction to reading news and yet I don't remember any story about white guy shooting black woman in road rage incident. I suspect you get your "national news" handed to you in a biased manner and from there you frame your anecdotal BS.

I wouldn't be surprised that CNN choose to show pictures depending on race, but you know what? Thats the least of their problems. This is all insignficant bullshit compared with the stuff Fox etc do.

Here, let me list it out how this works.

1) Person reads news that picks up racially charged stuff. From that they form their baseline opinion of how the "unbiased" media works.

2) Person sees regular less biased news NOT cover these events.

3) From #2 agree to conclusions of biased media.

The truth is just as likely that the OTHER (rightwing) sites aren't covering legitimate news.

The other *more* biased (usually rightwing) places can then play the victim card while actually being far more biased. This jives with their consumers and it reinforces what the readers wish to already believe. Rightwing media has now convinced you that *their* biases are not actually there and that is exactly how you'll see it.

SFOed
    Last edited by donkdowndonedied; 12-01-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

This is a good response. You're right, I won't win because ultimately CNN is very biased. I just think this idea of them "burying" news doesn't even begin to compare with how Fox or even more politicized media outlets do it.

I actually consider myself to have an addiction to reading news and yet I don't remember any story about white guy shooting black woman in road rage incident. I suspect you get your "national news" handed to you in a biased manner and from there you frame your anecdotal BS.

I wouldn't be surprised that CNN choose to show pictures depending on race, but you know what? Thats the least of their problems. This is all insignficant bullshit compared with the stuff Fox etc do.

1) Person reads news that picks up racially charged stuff. From that they form their baseline opinion of how the "unbiased" media works.

The truth is just as likely that the OTHER (rightwing) sites aren't covering legitimate news.

The other *more* biased places can even play the victim card, while actually being far more biased. Their readers jive with this even more and it reinforces what they wish to already believe. Rightwing media has now convinced you that *their* biases are not actually there and that is exactly how you'll see it.

SFOed
    I don't even read Fox News, Breitbart or the other right wing hack pseudo-journals. I wouldn't even know what the top stories are on those sites if Sonatine wasn't telling me. I don't even consider that news. That is just entertainment for people into that sort of stuff, and that isn't me. I already said, I read CNN, NYT and the DailyMail; and it is pretty obvious how biased the first 2 are as far as reporting stories and details that don't fit the narrative compared to the Daily Mail. With the Trump stuff it is same thing. That is how far our MSM has stooped, that British tabloids are better able to report US political news in a responsible, coherent manner.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I don't even read Fox News, Breitbart or the other right wing hack pseudo-journals. I wouldn't even know what the top stories are on those sites if Sonatine wasn't telling me. I don't even consider that news. That is just entertainment for people into that sort of stuff, and that isn't me. I already said, I read CNN, NYT and the DailyMail; and it is pretty obvious how biased the first 2 are as far as reporting stories and details that don't fit the narrative compared to the Daily Mail. With the Trump stuff it is same thing. That is how far our MSM has stooped, that British tabloids are better able to report US political news in a responsible, coherent manner.
    Ok, I am wrong then about where you're coming from. This thread should be interesting.

I actually subscribed to NYT lately for $7 a month (tired of paywall). I am more curious about them.

CNN irritated me when they played an anti-gun ad on a webpage. "Victims of gun violence" sort of shit. Give me a break. I just wanted to read the news article on the event.

If we agree to not pay attention to Sonatine then we already have common ground !

J/K TINE LOVE YOU

Platinum
    Load Metric

Here, let me show you how it actually works:

1) Wake up in morning. Go to CNN. See headline of something along the lines of "Shooting in hospital" with no details. You wouldn't even know a mass shooting with a murder had been committed, it is so vague.
    -I think to myself, must not be a white male, cause they aren't giving any details.

2). Go to Daily Mail. Top story on front page with all the details including a picture of the non-white shooter.

3) Later that day CNN puts up the story with some details (still less than what the Daily Mail had provided hours before). But story is buried and one would have to actively look for it to actually find it.

4). Two days later CNN front page headline (paraphrasing) "White suspect murders black woman in apparent road rage incident" Included on the front page is a picture of the victim and a fuzzy picture of the suspect from a freeway camera.

5.). Story stays on the front page all day. That night suspect turns himself in and the second he does his picture is front and center of the website.

-If you want to refresh your memory, here are the 2 stories, 2 days apart. I remember them because I remember at the time how funny and yet predictable it was how completely different the two stories were treated.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/30/us/new...ing/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/02/us/pa-...est/index.html

Thread Information