Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy iPhone 6S with 64GB or 128GB with iOS 10.1, 10.1.1, or 10.2 (AT&T or unlocked only)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    can you jailbreak your own iPhone or would it take too long to figure out how to do it...have no clue what is involved in the whole process...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    I am curious what jailbreak features you use?

Especially since all providers allow tethering now?
    Tethering used to be something important which came from jailbreaking, but as you said, you can do it with standard iPhones now.

For reasons I won't get into, I'm not going to state which features I'm looking for. Let's just say they are security related.

Also, I just like having the extra control of everything. I like controlling my devices. I don't like when they control me.
    Agree with last paragraph. I'm fine with my iPhone but I haven't liked a new "feature" for quite some time and turn most of them off.
    HILLARY WON

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    can you jailbreak your own iPhone or would it take too long to figure out how to do it...have no clue what is involved in the whole process...
    Yes, I can easily do it, just need the right iOS

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Would a 10.0 work or does it have to be 10.1 or 2?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Idk if it's been said but try swappa.com

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Actually I just looked and 10.0 might work.

Can you give me your exact iOS version? (Go to Settings -> General -> About)

How much storage?

Which iPhone is it?

Load Metric

How much storage?

Which iPhone is it?
    iPhone 6, 64gb, iOS 10.0.2
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

How much storage?

Which iPhone is it?
    We might have a potential deal here.

We will still need to come up with a price.

Regarding the jailbreak (since it's 10.0.2 which I'm not 100% will work at this point), I propose this:

1) You send me the phone at an agreed upon price, I don't pay you until I receive it

2) I inspect the phone. Provided everything works as stated (no bad buttons, battery at least ok, screen not damaged), I will move onto step 3. Otherwise you will need to pay for the shipping back. I will not be a hard-ass about this, but don't want to get rolled about some major issue it has that isn't disclosed.

3) I will attempt to jailbreak the phone. If successful, I will pay you for both the shipping to me and the agreed upon $.

3a) If jailbreak fails but nothing goes wrong with the phone, I will pay the shipping BOTH WAYS and send it back to you.

3b) If jailbreak fails and somehow I fuck up the phone, I will pay for the phone and shipping anyway and just eat it

Let me know if these terms are ok.

Also please verify that:

- All buttons work well

- Headphone jack works well

- Cameras both work well

- Flash on camera works well

- Volume on speaker and phone is approximately the same as when you got the phone

- Screen is okay (no scratches, cracks), and is responsive to touch properly

- Battery is okay (doesn't die super-fast)

Problems with the above isn't a dealbreaker, but will affect what I pay. Need to know what I'm buying.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Escrow with Kilgore or GTFO.

Load Metric

We might have a potential deal here.

We will still need to come up with a price.

Regarding the jailbreak (since it's 10.0.2 which I'm not 100% will work at this point), I propose this:

1) You send me the phone at an agreed upon price, I don't pay you until I receive it

2) I inspect the phone. Provided everything works as stated (no bad buttons, battery at least ok, screen not damaged), I will move onto step 3. Otherwise you will need to pay for the shipping back. I will not be a hard-ass about this, but don't want to get rolled about some major issue it has that isn't disclosed.

3) I will attempt to jailbreak the phone. If successful, I will pay you for both the shipping to me and the agreed upon $.

3a) If jailbreak fails but nothing goes wrong with the phone, I will pay the shipping BOTH WAYS and send it back to you.

3b) If jailbreak fails and somehow I fuck up the phone, I will pay for the phone and shipping anyway and just eat it

Let me know if these terms are ok.

Also please verify that:

- All buttons work well

- Headphone jack works well

- Cameras both work well

- Flash on camera works well

- Volume on speaker and phone is approximately the same as when you got the phone

- Screen is okay (no scratches, cracks), and is responsive to touch properly

- Battery is okay (doesn't die super-fast)

Problems with the above isn't a dealbreaker, but will affect what I pay. Need to know what I'm buying.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the phone. However I don't agree to #3a. I'm not fucking with shipping you a phone contingent on if you get the jailbreak to work. You can buy it or not buy it, pretty fucking simple.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Then no deal.

I think there's a higher chance than not that the jailbreak WILL work.

If you ship it to me and it doesn't, you will be out $0, and the only thing you will be out is a small amount of time to send it to me.

If the jailbreak doesn't work, it's useless to me.

I am even promising to pay for the whole thing if I brick it in the process of jailbreaking, so that risk doesn't exist, either.

Load Metric
    Then no deal.

If you ship it to me and it doesn't, you will be out $0, and the only thing you will be out is a small amount of time to send it to me.

I am even promising to pay for the whole thing if I brick it in the process of jailbreaking, so that risk doesn't exist, either.
    That's up to you, I don't care too much either way. But I'm not shipping to you without being paid on a contingency that the jailbreak works. That's pretty silly. Druff gonna Druff. You wanna buy something without paying for it, try to modify it, and want to send it back if the mod doesn't take. Lol, you're drunk

You're also acting like this is worth my time to fuck with. Who cares about a $100 phone. I'm saying no simply because I don't want to acquiesce to your silly terms

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Then no deal.

That's up to you, I don't care too much either way. But I'm not shipping to you without being paid on a contingency that the jailbreak works. That's pretty silly. Druff gonna Druff. You wanna buy something without paying for it, try to modify it, and want to send it back if the mod doesn't take. Lol, you're drunk

You're also acting like this is worth my time to fuck with. Who cares about a $100 phone. I'm saying no simply because I don't want to acquiesce to your silly terms
    If you sell it for $100, I will remove those terms and pay you upon receipt and verification the phone works.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Then no deal.

You are being fucking douchebag here. On what planet would you ever expect to get these terms?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post
    Then no deal.

You are being fucking douchebag here. On what planet would you ever expect to get these terms?
    Because I am not buying a useless phone. An iPhone 6 I can't jailbreak is useless to me. So if I have to keep it after failing, I've just wasted my money. (For $100, though, I'll take the chance.)

If it were 10.1-10.2, then I would buy it and assume the jailbreak would work.

With 10.0.x, it's taking a chance, so I'm basically borrowing it to see if it will work (at my own shipping expense), and then returning it back to him if I can't do it.

I would totally agree to the reverse (with me as the seller) if I trusted the other party.

Banned
    Load Metric

Because I am not buying a useless phone. An iPhone 6 I can't jailbreak is useless to me. So if I have to keep it after failing, I've just wasted my money. (For $100, though, I'll take the chance.)

With 10.0.x, it's taking a chance, so I'm basically borrowing it to see if it will work (at my own shipping expense), and then returning it back to him if I can't do it.

I would totally agree to the reverse (with me as the seller) if I trusted the other party.

You honestly sound like a spoiled 14 year old.

Load Metric
    Then no deal.

A "certified refurbished" used iPhone 6s with 64gb are being sold for a minimum $300 to over $400.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You really are a fucking moron sometimes.

I made an offer. I am not forcing him to do anything. If he doesn't like it, he can say no.

I could offer to buy the phone for $1 if I wanted, and again, he wouldn't be the slightest bit obligated to take it.

I am not interested in buying an iPhone 6 which cannot be jailbroken. Since I cannot guarantee jailbreaking that particular iOS, but think it's possible to work, I am trying to offer a middle ground where I can still possibly buy it where the risk to both parties is minimal. He risks wasting a bit of time, I risk wasting both time and a little money. It's a compromise I'm offering, and I thought it was better to give him that option, rather than simply saying, "Yeah, I can't guarantee I can jailbreak that one, so forget it."

Again, if he doesn't like those terms, he can simply say no (which he did), and that's that. No hard feelings.

Banned
    Load Metric

I made an offer. I am not forcing him to do anything. If he doesn't like it, he can say no.

I could offer to buy the phone for $1 if I wanted, and again, he wouldn't be the slightest bit obligated to take it.

I am not interested in buying an iPhone 6 which cannot be jailbroken. Since I cannot guarantee jailbreaking that particular iOS, but think it's possible to work, I am trying to offer a middle ground where I can still possibly buy it where the risk to both parties is minimal. He risks wasting a bit of time, I risk wasting both time and a little money. It's a compromise I'm offering, and I thought it was better to give him that option, rather than simply saying, "Yeah, I can't guarantee I can jailbreak that one, so forget it."

Again, if he doesn't like those terms, he can simply say no (which he did), and that's that. No hard feelings.

What does this have to do with you sounding like a spoiled 14 year old?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

What does this have to do with you sounding like a spoiled 14 year old?

It has to do with your need to troll threads here with stupid 1-liners and falling flat on your face about 80% of the time.

If negotiating terms of a sale makes one into a spoiled 14 year old, then I guess you got me.

Thread Information