Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eastbound and Down to Return for 4th Season

Load Metric

Eastbound and Down to Return for 4th Season

HBO has ordered eight more episodes of the cult fave Eastbound & Down that stars Danny McBride, EW has confirmed.
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/02/ea...return-to-hbo/

Too bad they didn't have the balls to end it the way that they should have. Good on them for getting paid though.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    I dont have a problem in the world with this.

Load Metric
    I was very disappointed in the ending... it was stupid and felt like they were just trying to come up with something outrageous to end it quickly.

The only way they can fix it is to bring it back and give us another few episodes of Kenny in the Bigs, fucking everything up. LOL at him walking out during the first game back. Dumb.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    I was very disappointed in the ending... it was stupid and felt like they were just trying to come up with something outrageous to end it quickly.

The only way they can fix it is to bring it back and give us another few episodes of Kenny in the Bigs, fucking everything up. LOL at him walking out during the first game back. Dumb.
    See I liked that ending up until the point where they had him survive the car crash. I never pictured a happy ending for Kenny Powers and the only way that the show can end in a satisfying way is with him dead or in jail. It feels to me like they did the fake death for HBO and to give them an out in case the money truck was backed up to them for future episodes.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

See I liked that ending up until the point where they had him survive the car crash. I never pictured a happy ending for Kenny Powers and the only way that the show can end in a satisfying way is with him dead or in jail. It feels to me like they did the fake death for HBO and to give them an out in case the money truck was backed up to them for future episodes.
    Right - I could have accepted the stupidity of it all if he had actually died.

But you have to admit that after all the years of bullshit, wanting and wishing, there's zero point zero chance Kenny walks out on the opportunity to go to the Show again. He'd stay and ruin it somehow, but he wouldn't just leave.

Load Metric

But you have to admit that after all the years of bullshit, wanting and wishing, there's zero point zero chance Kenny walks out on the opportunity to go to the Show again. He'd stay and ruin it somehow, but he wouldn't just leave.
    I can buy him leaving but he would be hella pissed/regretful the next day. Kind of goes with his cycle of fucking things up.

I'd rather they do a spin-off with Stevie and Maria.

Load Metric

I can buy him leaving but he would be hella pissed/regretful the next day. Kind of goes with his cycle of fucking things up.

I'd rather they do a spin-off with Stevie and Maria.
    LOL... not sure I can take too much more of those two per episode. They're hard to look at, especially him.

Load Metric
    Is this show worth getting into?

I trend toward stuff like The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad but have heard this how is a good 'stupid but funny' deal, supposedly better than Entourage, which I thought was lame.

This is very good news.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I trend toward stuff like The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad but have heard this how is a good 'stupid but funny' deal, supposedly better than Entourage, which I thought was lame.
    Comparing it to Entourage isn't fair. Totally different shows. The seasons are short so go for it. Season 1 is awesome. Plays like a movie broken up.

Load Metric
    Yes

I wouldn't describe Eastbound as stupid, although I guess I can understand why someone would. Stupid characters, perhaps. Get a Life/Chris Elliot is stupid funny, IMO. Eastbound is brilliant in comparison.

Highly recommend. You'll know after 2 episodes whether or not this show is for you.

Load Metric
    Definitely happy to hear this. I have to say though, IMO season 3 was pretty much a letdown. It had it's moments, but it was by far the worst of the 3 seasons. I also agree that the ending was weak sauce.

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: If yas ask the guys who worked on the show they woukd say Season 2 was the worst just because of being in shitstained Peurto Rico for 2 months filming.

Load Metric
    BTW, the new Louis CK show is fucking hilarious.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Absolutely

Louis CK is god

Definitely happy to hear this. I have to say though, IMO season 3 was pretty much a letdown. It had it's moments, but it was by far the worst of the 3 seasons. I also agree that the ending was weak sauce.

Season 3 was a huge letdown. I'm glad they didn't end it on that note.

Load Metric
    Do like his show on FX, although it depresses me. It's raw and real and has some great moments. The new FX Thursday night lineup is actually decent: they have Wilfred, Louie CK, and the new Charlie Sheen show. Although Charlie's new show isn't very good - guess you can't catch lightning in a bottle twice. Wilfred and Louis obv top top. Oh - that new show "Brand X" with Russell Brand is crap.

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: Agreed. I was so hopeful the BrandX show would be good as Ive loved alot of Russell's stupid shit in the past but this this show was just dreadful. How it didnt get shitcanned immediately is beyond me

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I agree with vwls completely. Love Wilford and Louis but Charlies show and Brandx are garbage. Love Eastbound and Down, kinda interested in seeing how it ends up now. I think it would have been perfect to leave Kenny dead to end it. Looking forward to season four thats for sure.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I knew Sheen's show would be shit as soon as I saw clips on the late night shows of it and heard the laugh track. It's 2012 I don't need anyone telling me when to laugh anymore. Agree with everyone on the disappointing end of season 3 EB&D.

Load Metric
    Yeah faggots because everyone knows we tune into Eastbound and Down for the sophisticated plot development.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Yeah faggots because everyone knows we tune into Eastbound and Down for the sophisticated plot development.

Thread Information