Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would Druff do?

Silver
    Load Metric

What would Druff do?

So my nephew was turning 18 on the 6th of November. He told me for his birthday he wanted a pair of Gucci Slides.

Name:  gucci.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  34.2 KB

I think they are ugly and you're paying for the name, but they are very popular amongst his age group. So I search online and the only place I could find his size was at Nieman Marcus. I place the order and pay additional for shipping so it will arrive on the 6th. The next day I receive a call and was told that there was a problem with the credit card I used. I don't really know why there was a problem, I get a rebate every month from my cheese manufacturer in the form of a Visa Gift Card and I was paying with that. Anyways, to avoid a hassle I switched to my personal card to pay. I was now told though that because of the delay the package wouldn't arrive until the 7th. The 7th comes and goes and nothing was delivered. I called Nieman Marcus and was told that due to a "key stroke" error the order was cancelled. The agent says she will place the order again. I said it was to be overnighted and I expected them to pick up the shipping cost. This was now the 8th. On the 10th the package still had not arrived and when I called they said it was shipped ground and would arrive on the 15th. Finally yesterday I was sent a tracking notice and discovered that it was being shipped to my address not my nephews. I called to complin again and they admitted their error and said the package would be intercepted and rerouted to my nephew. Today it was delivered to my house. The shoes were $210. What do you think is a fair resolution?

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    So my nephew was turning 18 on the 6th of November. He told me for his birthday he wanted a pair of Gucci Slides.

I think they are ugly and you're paying for the name, but they are very popular amongst his age group. So I search online and the only place I could find his size was at Nieman Marcus. I place the order and pay additional for shipping so it will arrive on the 6th. The next day I receive a call and was told that there was a problem with the credit card I used. I don't really know why there was a problem, I get a rebate every month from my cheese manufacturer in the form of a Visa Gift Card and I was paying with that. Anyways, to avoid a hassle I switched to my personal card to pay. I was now told though that because of the delay the package wouldn't arrive until the 7th. The 7th comes and goes and nothing was delivered. I called Nieman Marcus and was told that due to a "key stroke" error the order was cancelled. The agent says she will place the order again. I said it was to be overnighted and I expected them to pick up the shipping cost. This was now the 8th. On the 10th the package still had not arrived and when I called they said it was shipped ground and would arrive on the 15th. Finally yesterday I was sent a tracking notice and discovered that it was being shipped to my address not my nephews. I called to complin again and they admitted their error and said the package would be intercepted and rerouted to my nephew. Today it was delivered to my house. The shoes were $210. What do you think is a fair resolution?

Call and tell them no package arrived. At all. Not to you nor to your nephew. Demand a refund.
    Otherwise, your only other choice is to suck it up and never shop at NM again.

Jew to Jew, this is the only real solution.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Give the kid two bills(too much), demand a full refund and free popcorn for life.

Load Metric
    have you ever thought about killing your nephew for being a huge moron

Comments

simply1: Lol!

Load Metric
    WELL HAVE YOU ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    This whole thing could have been avoided if your nephew and his age group weren't faggots who wear $210 Gucci slides.

That ship has sailed, so I suggest demanding a refund of the expedited shipping fees plus a coupon or partial refund for your trouble.

Comments

tyde: gook red rep
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    What would Druff do? Not pay $210 for fuckin flippyflops.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    First off, I moved the Tyde trolling to a new thread: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...bout-hutmaster

---

Regarding hut's question, I have been through this situation a number of times before regarding bungled deliveries of mail-order merchandise. While I haven't dealt with Neiman Marcus this way, I have had the same hassle with internet orders from respected brick-and-mortar companies where the online ordering customer service is both poor and incompetent.

First off, hut, you need to make sure you are speaking to someone in the US. No one outside the US will be authorized to give you any kind of reasonable discount.

Once you've done that, you will need to get a manager on the phone. Don't even bother to ask a regular rep for credit, as they will get you something like $20 at best, and you deserve far more than that here.

Once you get a manager on the phone, give your sob story. Tell them that you made four phone calls attempting to correct their repeated mistakes, and each time they bungled the matter further. Use phrases such as, "I tried at every step to help you guys correct the issue, and at every step another mistake was made." Also mention that you're a semi-frequent customer of brick-and-mortar Neiman Marcus, and this experience is making you not want to shop there anymore. I know that's BS, but tell them that, and they won't have a way to disprove it.

Keep repeating how disappointed your nephew was, and how embarrassing it was that you had to show up to his birthday without a gift, despite all of the time and effort you put in to correct these issues.

Do not ask for any specific settlement off the bat. Keep saying things like, "I'm so disappointed and frustrated about this. Can you do something about the high cost I paid for this item, given all that occurred?"

Then let them offer you something.

They may actually offer as much as a full comp.

If they offer a Neiman Marcus gift credit, make sure it can be transferred (don't worry if this contradicts your "I shop there a lot" story from earlier).

If you are still being offered something laughable, ask for THEIR manager. If they are the highest person you can talk to, then call a Neiman Marcus store near you, and ask how you can reach the District Manager. That person will be empowered to either give you something OR put you in touch with someone high enough at the internet department to make it right.

I would be aiming for about $100 on this one, but obviously let them make the offer first. If it's under $100, keep pressing, but don't tell them a number you have in mind, unless they seem totally clueless. At that point, ask for "half" back, and see what they say.

GL

Comments

Kuntmissioner: the blueprint

limitles: copy paste survive

Gold
    Load Metric
    You got your ugly shoes, quit trying to be a Jew about it. And you should check your nephew's sexuality, I don't think any straight man would wear those.

Silver
    Load Metric
    First off, I moved the Tyde trolling to a new thread: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...bout-hutmaster

---

Regarding hut's question, I have been through this situation a number of times before regarding bungled deliveries of mail-order merchandise. While I haven't dealt with Neiman Marcus this way, I have had the same hassle with internet orders from respected brick-and-mortar companies where the online ordering customer service is both poor and incompetent.

First off, hut, you need to make sure you are speaking to someone in the US. No one outside the US will be authorized to give you any kind of reasonable discount.

Once you've done that, you will need to get a manager on the phone. Don't even bother to ask a regular rep for credit, as they will get you something like $20 at best, and you deserve far more than that here.

Once you get a manager on the phone, give your sob story. Tell them that you made four phone calls attempting to correct their repeated mistakes, and each time they bungled the matter further. Use phrases such as, "I tried at every step to help you guys correct the issue, and at every step another mistake was made." Also mention that you're a semi-frequent customer of brick-and-mortar Neiman Marcus, and this experience is making you not want to shop there anymore. I know that's BS, but tell them that, and they won't have a way to disprove it.

Keep repeating how disappointed your nephew was, and how embarrassing it was that you had to show up to his birthday without a gift, despite all of the time and effort you put in to correct these issues.

Do not ask for any specific settlement off the bat. Keep saying things like, "I'm so disappointed and frustrated about this. Can you do something about the high cost I paid for this item, given all that occurred?"

If they offer a Neiman Marcus gift credit, make sure it can be transferred (don't worry if this contradicts your "I shop there a lot" story from earlier).

If you are still being offered something laughable, ask for THEIR manager. If they are the highest person you can talk to, then call a Neiman Marcus store near you, and ask how you can reach the District Manager. That person will be empowered to either give you something OR put you in touch with someone high enough at the internet department to make it right.

I would be aiming for about $100 on this one, but obviously let them make the offer first. If it's under $100, keep pressing, but don't tell them a number you have in mind, unless they seem totally clueless. At that point, ask for "half" back, and see what they say.

GL
    I'm not as pushy as a Jew as you but.......They gave me 1/3 off ($70) and paying for the shipping from my house to my nephew.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

---

GL
    I'm not as pushy as a Jew as you but.......They gave me 1/3 off ($70) and paying for the shipping from my house to my nephew.
    That's not bad.

I would have done better from a company like Needless Markups, but $70 isn't bad.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Reminds me of WSEX payouts

Load Metric
    to hut: before buying these you should have been a good uncle and told your nephew these "slips" are fucking terrible, and years from now he will be embarrassed for looking like a douche and asking you to buy them

to hut's nephew: asking your uncle to buy you $210 gucci flip flops is outrageous. not only because they put out a douche bat-signal, but also your uncle's dough is very soggy and if he doesn't do something about it your next birthday present might be some starbury's from china

Load Metric
    and to be fair i just want to say, hut, i appreciate your grind

i always try to support small business owners near me

cheers to you for going "all-in" (marc cuban), and not letting your "dreams be dreams" (shia lebouf)

but unlike vegas, who produces and settles for nothing but the best, your pizza does look like trash

edit:

still, though, i respect your grind

(no comments on the hair)
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 11-15-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

cheers to you for going "all-in" (marc cuban), and not letting your "dreams be dreams" (shia lebouf)

but unlike vegas, who produces and settles for nothing but the best, your pizza does look like trash

edit:

yeah im going to have to cosign this.

your pizza looks like someone turned a sea cucumber inside out but you are bout it bout it and people clearly enjoy the fruits of your labor so youre providing for your family by providing for your community.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Silver
    Load Metric
    to hut: before buying these you should have been a good uncle and told your nephew these "slips" are fucking terrible, and years from now he will be embarrassed for looking like a douche and asking you to buy them

to hut's nephew: asking your uncle to buy you $210 gucci flip flops is outrageous. not only because they put out a douche bat-signal, but also your uncle's dough is very soggy and if he doesn't do something about it your next birthday present might be some starbury's from china
    I can't disagree that these slips are fucking terrible. However, he goes to school in a pretty wealthy area and they are all the rage. He is a Lacrosse player with D1 scholarship offers and these are what the players like to wear before and after games as they cant wear cleats into the locker room.

Silver
    Load Metric

edit:

Glad you appreciate the grind but frankly when it comes to my pizza you respectfully don't know what you're talking about. There are all different styles of pizza, my biggest seller is pan pizza, some people simply don't like that style. Some think the best pizza is neopolitana style cooked in a woodfired oven, or a traditional NY style, or grandma style, Chicago style, Chicago deep dish, Chicago thin, Detroit style..... It's very regional. I sell the best pizza for the market I am in and what my customers ask for. Ignore Marty's lies. I don't skimp when it comes to the quality of our ingredients. We use a premium whole milk mozzarella that is shredded daily, our produce comes in daily and is from local growers as much as possible. Our sauce is made with fresh packed tomatoes and seasoned with hand cut fresh herbs. We use premium meats that are nitrate and hormone free and don't contain soy fillers like you get at the chains. We use REAL Canadian bacon not ham or pork roll like the chains use. We cook fresh Italian sausage daily not some crap that looks like rabbit pellets. I started competing 2 years ago in the largest pizza competition in the world at the International Pizza Expo in Vegas. It's an opportunity to interact with and learn from the best of the best. We have held our own. We finished 2nd in the Southwest USA and 5th place overall out of 60 competitors our first year competing. Last year we were top 15. Lower than I hoped for but we took a risk and pushed the envelope with a very unique pizza. It was called The Road to Damascus. It was a middle eastern inspired pizza made with lamb. The flavors weren't for everyone. Pizza can be a very personal choice. My pizza may not be everyones cup of tea but it is a high quality product and it is great in my market. Results speak for themselves. I've tripled the sales since I've owned the place and sales are on pace to top $1,000,000 this year.

Comments

hongkonger: FUCK THE HATERS

Load Metric

I can't disagree that these slips are fucking terrible. However, he goes to school in a pretty wealthy area and they are all the rage. He is a Lacrosse player with D1 scholarship offers and these are what the players like to wear before and after games as they cant wear cleats into the locker room.
    Back in my day the lacrosse players would have taken their sticks and beaten any teammate who wore a faggoty thing like that.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

edit:

Glad you appreciate the grind but frankly when it comes to my pizza you respectfully don't know what you're talking about. There are all different styles of pizza, my biggest seller is pan pizza, some people simply don't like that style. Some think the best pizza is neopolitana style cooked in a woodfired oven, or a traditional NY style, or grandma style, Chicago style, Chicago deep dish, Chicago thin, Detroit style..... It's very regional. I sell the best pizza for the market I am in and what my customers ask for. Ignore Marty's lies. I don't skimp when it comes to the quality of our ingredients. We use a premium whole milk mozzarella that is shredded daily, our produce comes in daily and is from local growers as much as possible. Our sauce is made with fresh packed tomatoes and seasoned with hand cut fresh herbs. We use premium meats that are nitrate and hormone free and don't contain soy fillers like you get at the chains. We use REAL Canadian bacon not ham or pork roll like the chains use. We cook fresh Italian sausage daily not some crap that looks like rabbit pellets. I started competing 2 years ago in the largest pizza competition in the world at the International Pizza Expo in Vegas. It's an opportunity to interact with and learn from the best of the best. We have held our own. We finished 2nd in the Southwest USA and 5th place overall out of 60 competitors our first year competing. Last year we were top 15. Lower than I hoped for but we took a risk and pushed the envelope with a very unique pizza. It was called The Road to Damascus. It was a middle eastern inspired pizza made with lamb. The flavors weren't for everyone. Pizza can be a very personal choice. My pizza may not be everyones cup of tea but it is a high quality product and it is great in my market. Results speak for themselves. I've tripled the sales since I've owned the place and sales are on pace to top $1,000,000 this year.
    i have more pizza experience than you might think

i applied for a job as a delivery driver when i was 18 and in college - 8 months later i was the manager

and for the next four years i worked at local places (stl style and a chicago franchise, and pizza HUT for a lil bit) all with different ovens and types of pizza

what you can't run from is the fact your cheese looks uncooked, and with all the comments about the soggy dough, well...

i highly doubt you are making $3k/day serving that shit, but if you are good for you - like i said i respect the hustle

that said, before you go bankrupt you should prolly dial in your oven temps/time/ingredients (like how vegetables - onions, green peppers, mushrooms) are a black hole for temps

and your wings are tgif friday store bought shit you microwave or put in the oven

but you're the expert

edit:
    by your own admission you said the ovens you used at the competition weren't your regular ovens, yet you won awards

maybe that should tell you something
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 11-16-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I know I mentioned this before, but since the quality of hutmaster's pizza has come up again, I'll say it again.

Business owners can learn a lot about their place's weaknesses from bad reviews, but for whatever reason, most don't. Some are stubborn, some have too much ego, some are cheap, and some are downright stupid. But the bottom line is that I'm left scratching my head how certain business owners can read bad reviews with the same theme over and over without fixing the problem.

While hut's place has many good reviews, most of the bad ones seem to focus upon the same themes -- most often the allegedly soggy dough.

If I owned the place, I would say to myself, "Obviously we have a big problem with our dough if people keep writing this, so I'm going to make it priority #1 to research its cause and immediately work to change it."

I know hut said something to the effect that he was already doing that, but honestly that should be top priority right now.

You don't need to serve the world's best pizza to be considered the best pizza joint in the town where hut lives, but I think solving the most frequent problems would probably create a lot more repeat business and probably really help the bottom line.

From all appearances, hut does seem to work really hard, so it doesn't seem to be a lack of effort. I just think he should take those bad reviews super seriously and make some major changes to rectify the most commonly-stated issues.

I sometimes drive in that direction. Next time I do, if I have time, I will stop in unannounced, order a pizza, and post an honest review out here.

Comments

Deal: Coupon King chimes in having never visited joint.

Thread Information