Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Velveeta Cheese Diet --- 408 Get in Here

Load Metric

The Velveeta Cheese Diet --- 408 Get in Here

1st off this isn't a bash thread on TeamRazor --- I don't want to get Skull Fucked by that guy.

I mentioned yesterday that i bought a loaf of Velveeta recently for the whey protein after reading about it from some M.D. whose newsletter I get.

So anyway I've been doing good on a low carb diet but recently got a book from the library and firming up my plans on how to lose the rest of the weight.

The diet so far has been stimulants (coffee, tea, cocoa) in the morning -- which stops me from eating all the way thru to about 3PM in the day.... then i will have some carrots and maybe 3 eggs.... at around 7PM i'll eat some cheese and some more carrots and some broccoli.

Also in my diet: olive oil, cheddar cheese, butter, orange juice, great northern beans (4-5 cans per week), crushed tomatoes, canned salmon/sardines, lean meat, and other veggies..... no grain whatsoever.

---------------------------------------

BOOK ---> The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson

1. Grains --- very bad .... including rice and corn

2. Saturated fat---- is okay ( i mentioned yesterday Michael Aziz M.D. says same thing) science seems to support it) --- blood sugar spikes are the bad thing plus sugar and processed grain, smoking etc.... ---Framingham & Nurses Study

3. Cholesterol--- is okay see above --- essential metabolic nutrient....... Framingham Study

4. Eggs ---zero correlation with heart disease or cholesterol... see above

5. Fiber --- best source is from Veggies not grain

6. Cardio workouts---- difficult cardio workouts can lead to lots of BAD things according to him (increase apetite, increase aging, burnout, increase disease risk from suppressed immune system)

7. Strength Training --- 20 to 30 minutes.... increase HGHormone..... sprints.... weight training...etc

Mark Sisson --- one time #5 in nation Marathon runner

Banned
    Load Metric
    Don't be afraid to bash that fat tub.

Everybody knows he stuffs his face with velveeta.

Load Metric
    You are not going to be reprogramming your genes first and foremost. WHo the heck told you that? What exactly would you hope to reprogram in the first place?

This guy is hawking a modified paleo/keto type diet and fwiw, I won't knock it TOO badly.

Please tell me you are not going most of the day without eating??? Breakfast should be your key meal of the day. It's the biggest and most important, if you are starving yourself most of the day please stop...

Let's make it simple- please draw up a sample day plan for me to analyze. Break it down like so

6am- Wake
    6:30am eat 1 cup of something, 2 somethings etc
    8:00 cardio
    9:25 am sex with the wife (kidding)(but you can tell me/us if you really want to)
    12:25 eat lunch

You get the idea. Be as precise as you want to, I am not expecting a whole lot and can work with very little. Feel free to add things like personal stats if you wish.

Without more input I have no more output.

Load Metric
    I literally only have 5 minutes before heading out the door, and I'll let Mike do most of the commentary, as this is his arena. None of this applies if you're talking 10lbs, which you'll lose by just about anything. I'm talking if you need to lose > 30-40lbs

A few things. 1-Eventually, drinking that much coffee is going to catch up with you by raising your cortisol levels and make weigh loss stagnate. I'm pretty sure Mike is going to tell you to switch to a caffeine supplement and straight stims by pill, as it's the actual organic things in coffee that raises cortisol more than the caffeine. You'll get hungrier, but you'll eventually be better served by switching out eating a healthy snack earlier rather than pushing back the hunger with massive coffee consumption, I know, because I have done what you're doing.

2- Cholesterol isn't unimportant, just being married to the number 190-200 is dangerous is idiotic, when in reality, the ratios are more important than the number, unless both are real fucking high, in which case you could be pushing the envelope.

I'm not sure Mike will agree with this or not, there are different schools of thought on this one.

Many people who are trying to lose weight lift high repetition sets, which I believe to be dumb. When you're dropping weight imo, a big concern is becoming catabolic, thus you should be lifting heavy, for lower reps, to spare muscle.It's hard to build muscle while on this type of diet unless you're an absolute novice, but you can retain muscle. You don't want to become skinny fat, and you see a lot of people who don't know what they're doing losing muscle at too high a rate along with the weight if they don't lift, or lift incorrectly, and end up like the clowns on The Biggest Loser with a shitload of loose skin because they have them supersetting tiny weights. Lift heavy while eating like this.

Your general diet looks decent, but you're better staggering small meals rather than pushing back hunger with coffee, that shit only works for awhile. Wild Alaskan Salmon is very pricey, but preferable if you aren't pressed for money. IMO, salmon sucks as is, but at least Alaskan Wild Salmon is palatable over farm fed. I wouldn't overdo the cheese as these diets tend to bind you up anyways, and most people eat a chunk, and don't really measure out how small the recommendation is. Your diet is kind of a blended paleo/keto diet. Timed carbs is a better approach, but you can lose on what you're doing.

Load Metric
    oops, Mike got you while I was writing, and I'm past my 5 minutes

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I literally only have 5 minutes before heading out the door, and I'll let Mike do most of the commentary, as this is his arena. None of this applies if you're talking 10lbs, which you'll lose by just about anything. I'm talking if you need to lose > 30-40lbs

A few things. 1-Eventually, drinking that much coffee is going to catch up with you by raising your cortisol levels and make weigh loss stagnate. I'm pretty sure Mike is going to tell you to switch to a caffeine supplement and straight stims by pill, as it's the actual organic things in coffee that raises cortisol more than the caffeine. You'll get hungrier, but you'll eventually be better served by switching out eating a healthy snack earlier rather than pushing back the hunger with massive coffee consumption, I know, because I have done what you're doing.

2- Cholesterol isn't unimportant, just being married to the number 190-200 is dangerous is idiotic, when in reality, the ratios are more important than the number, unless both are real fucking high, in which case you could be pushing the envelope.

I'm not sure Mike will agree with this or not, there are different schools of thought on this one.

Many people who are trying to lose weight lift high repetition sets, which I believe to be dumb. When you're dropping weight imo, a big concern is becoming catabolic, thus you should be lifting heavy, for lower reps, to spare muscle.It's hard to build muscle while on this type of diet unless you're an absolute novice, but you can retain muscle. You don't want to become skinny fat, and you see a lot of people who don't know what they're doing losing muscle at too high a rate along with the weight if they don't lift, or lift correctly, and end up like the clowns on The Biggest Loser with a shitload of loose skin because they have them supersetting tiny weights. Lift heavy while eating like this.

Your general diet looks decent, but you're better staggering small meals rather than pushing back hunger with coffee, that shit only works for awhile. Wild Alaskan Salmon is very pricey, but preferable if you aren't pressed for money. IMO, salmon sucks as is, but at least Alaskan Wild Salmon is palatable over farm fed. I wouldn't overdo the cheese as these diets tend to bind you up anyways, and most people eat a chunk, and don't really measure out how small the recommendation is. Your diet is kind of a blended paleo/keto diet. Timed carbs is a better approach, but you can lose on what you're doing.
    First and foremost you are more than welcome to post regarding bodybuilding or fitness et al at any time. You earned my respect a long time ago, your info is very valid and appreciated.

I concur that heavy weights are ideal in his situation with the ideal range falling around 6-12 and no higher. That range is sometimes called "Load and burn" as it is enough of a load to build muscle but also enough of a burn to stimulate GH release. A proper breakdown of what is being done in the gym is vital.

I did not want to comment on the diet further because I have no real framework to look at. IE what he is eating and when and in what quantities. I mean the guy could be eating 800 calories a day for all I know. It sure as heck looks like it. No food till 3pm then some carrots and 3eggs then cheese carrots and broccoli for dinner? I have an ex girlfriend who used to purge in the bathroom of restaurants when we would go out to dinner who still managed to eat more than that.

That he should switch to caffeine pills vs the teas and drinks I am with you but I also REALLY dislike how he is using stims in general. Starving yourself half the day and using massive amounts of caffeine as an appetite suppressant is absolutely not what I would advise. The source of caffeine is, at this point, moot though I do agree with you that synthetic vs organic/natural is the way to go. Once a better strategy is implemented with regard to stim usage then the source would definitely matter.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmet View Post
    Don't be afraid to bash that fat tub.

Everybody knows he stuffs his face with velveeta.
    yeah i was kidding around a lil but still not here to fight with anyone.

i laughed yesterday when he said he was going to skull fuck you ...... reminded me of Jack Nicholson in a Few Good Men

time = 6 minute 20 seconds (Few Good Men)

Load Metric
    Nap it out bro(s).

Load Metric
    well mike i got the book cause i'm willing to make adjustments but i noticed that since going grain free i don't have any more blood sugar swings... and all my activity is after 5pm so i can easily skip all my food till late in the day without feeling any affects.

but i do munch on some carrots as i'm feeding the dog a few as rewards after he pisses in the correct spots outside.... also i eat eggs sometimes around 2PM

and never put sugar in the coffee but 2 tspn of dried milk...so i'm getting some protein there.... so far so good.

dropping weight

also NOT starving myself one single bit.... just not hungry at all, my hunger centers have been switched off once i went grain and sugar free especially wheat free. living off fat reserves.

Load Metric

Many people who are trying to lose weight lift high repetition sets, which I believe to be dumb. When you're dropping weight imo, a big concern is becoming catabolic, thus you should be lifting heavy, for lower reps, to spare muscle.It's hard to build muscle while on this type of diet unless you're an absolute novice, but you can retain muscle. You don't want to become skinny fat, and you see a lot of people who don't know what they're doing losing muscle at too high a rate along with the weight if they don't lift, or lift incorrectly, and end up like the clowns on The Biggest Loser with a shitload of loose skin because they have them supersetting tiny weights. Lift heavy while eating like this.

lots of good info here. i've got 15 pounds to go.

i can't do the straight caffeine pills they give me a headache....something about coffee balances it out and i don't get the headache.... only drinking about 1 1/2 cups per day and i start coffee drinking early and finish by 10:30am so my sleep cycle isn't messed up.

--but going to be careful about the cortisol thing....already concerned .... cause i'm looking to get high... adding cocoa to coffee and drinking tea sometimes at noon..... addictive personality..... gonna have to shut myself off this forum one of these days.

i hear what you are saying about Cholesterol.... but if I die a few years younger it's okay --rather be skinny

doing mostly leg squats.....

mike, what you think about leg squats on machine (6 sets to exhaustion) for a 38 year old as sole exercise for HGH production? i've turned lazy somewhat ---used to do more exercises, like chinups and bench, leg curls (heavy), ab work..... i still walk with my dog 12 miles per week

gonna get back into my old routine..... heavy muscle groups 20 minutes in and out of gym 4 days per week

mike you know anything about the sauna prior to workouts.... i used to do them, but now i think they are bad. the heat makes you want to go to sleep. like taking a hot bath before bed.

also what stimulant can one take to keep Cortisol in check...or if you take stimulants how do you keep your cortisol in check.... Licorice,,, Ginseng????

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by XteraveX View Post

lots of good info here. i've got 15 pounds to go.

i can't do the straight caffeine pills they give me a headache....something about coffee balances it out and i don't get the headache.... only drinking about 1 1/2 cups per day and i start coffee drinking early and finish by 10:30am so my sleep cycle isn't messed up.

--but going to be careful about the cortisol thing....already concerned .... cause i'm looking to get high... adding cocoa to coffee and drinking tea sometimes at noon..... addictive personality..... gonna have to shut myself off this forum one of these days.

i hear what you are saying about Cholesterol.... but if I die a few years younger it's okay --rather be skinny

doing mostly leg squats.....

mike, what you think about leg squats on machine (6 sets to exhaustion) for a 38 year old as sole exercise for HGH production? i've turned lazy somewhat ---used to do more exercises, like chinups and bench, leg curls (heavy), ab work..... i still walk with my dog 12 miles per week

gonna get back into my old routine..... heavy muscle groups 20 minutes in and out of gym 4 days per week

mike you know anything about the sauna prior to workouts.... i used to do them, but now i think they are bad. the heat makes you want to go to sleep. like taking a hot bath before bed.

also what stimulant can one take to keep Cortisol in check...or if you take stimulants how do you keep your cortisol in check.... Licorice,,, Ginseng????
    I'm guessing since you can't provide a diet you eat everyday you do not have one, and instead are just "winging it" trying to eat as little as possible.

If you are serious about losing weight and keeping it off, you should be able to rattle off everything you eat with full macros for every day easily. And yes, if you are not eating until 3pm you are indeed starving yourself and have no clue what you are doing diet wise.

Load Metric
    living off my fat reserves....not hungry...

carrots, yum ... eggs yum --same with olive oil and bit of meat..... see list of foods i have at top

going out with dog right now (hike) gonna pick up some cheddar cheese 2lb.... loaf of Velveeta 2lbs --

gonna get skinny

Load Metric
    I am having a hard time putting my feelings and thoughts into words for some reason so here goes. If I somehow piss you off it wasn't my intention.

Your diet sucks. You are being mislead and whoever taught you how to eat needs to hop skip and jump back to fruit loops land an leave the diet advice to people who actually know what the fuck they are doing. I attempted to say exactly that 5-6 different ways and determined you need to hear the cold hard truth in this situation because you really are not where you think you are nor will you reach the goals you have set out to achieve.

I am not putting you down, you have done research and more importantly you are putting what you have learned into consistent daily action. I like that, I have a lot of respect for it.

Let's cut to the chase- you aren't eating like a man, or even a teenage boy, you are eating like an 11 year old girl who throws up in jars at night because the scale said she gained .02lbs. The human body has negative feedback in starvation situations (and yes you are literally in starvation mode) the first of which is to slow down the metabolism. I won't bother explaining in great detail how it does this (though I will if you ask) but here's the gist, a saying that has stuck with me since I was 14 - "Eat to gain, eat to lose". Learn to live it and live to love it.

Why should you care? Go back and read all the times you mentioned how you ARE NEVER HUNGRY. Now go google thyroxine and symptoms of depressed thyroid output. You aren't hungry because your body is metabolically hibernating trying to keep you alive through this horrible famine you seem to have found yourself in.

In starvation mode your body is running on muscle as well as fat. Any serious physical exertion or stress in your life and muscle catabolism skyrockets. Well, in your spot, its actually already through the roof so any kind of stress to your system just sends it into orbit. So my point- all weight lost on a diet is NOT EQUAL. It is crucial that you understand this. You want weight lost to be fat and water, muscle you keep. You are never going to gain muscle that you later regret. 1lb of lean muscle will burn an extra 50 calories a day so look at the obvious advantages that lend themselves directly to your goal.

So now we have established that you want to at a minimum preserve what muscle you have as best we can, how do you go about accomplishing this? Protein. Plain and simple. I won't delve what anabolic hormones your body makes and how to optimize them, just focus on on the idea that you want muscle and protein builds muscle. The word is greek actually breaks down to pro=most tein=important. Protein is most important.

How protein is ideal and from what sources? Your body doesn't care much where the stuff is com in from it just always wants LOTS of it. Shoot for 1-1.5 g per lb of body mass daily. No need to get fancy with your protein sources really.

The key to physique manipulation lies in CONSISTENCY of execution. Find things you LIKE and stick with those. Do not fall into the trap of thinking if you could just find THAT ONE protein powder that everyone must be using behind closed doors, the 'good stuff', well by golly you'd already be tone and in shape for summer! IF you walk down that road's way of thinking you are victimizing yourself and this is not healthy in the least. Find what works for you and keep your eyes forward.

Now that you know what your body needs (hell it's called MOST IMPORTANT, it can't get any easier than that) we tackle the issues of calorie mapping and macro breakdown, tidy up with some gym talk and you can take the reins. How can you tell whether you are eating enough every day or not? Easy- aim for 10cals per lb of bodyweight every day. If you weigh 200lbs you eat about 2000 calories. Piece of cake. That rubric is so loose you can't possibly sweat it and yet it is very effective. Keeping your calories in that range (8-10calories per lb of total body weight) will keep the thyroxine flowing and the fat melting off.

Your macros kind of go like this- you want protein and either fat or carbohydrate 5-6 times per day in such a fashion that you end up arriving at your targeted amount of calories. Now, let's presume you are a good pupil and you do pretty good at getting in that roughly 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight and let's say you weigh 200lbs (for easy reference) that means you are taking in 200g of protein per day which equates to 800 calories (more or less). Protein and carbs offer up 4calories per gram while fat dishes out a whopping 9 calories per gram. Those numbers aren't concrete they are averages that over time will work themselves out to pretty close the numbers I have given.

Anyway- So we have 800 calories per day accounted for, at 10 calories per lb of bodyweight you are still in need of 1200 more. You have two macros to choose from, fat and carbohydrate. What you choose to eat can be your choice or mine. I will choose what I think is best and tinker as we go. You may decide you like a paleo diet or perhaps modified ketogenic diet and go for mostly fats in addition to your protein. The human body was really designed to run on fat and protein with carbs providing some energy boosts when needed (and at no other time) so take that for what it's worth.

Keep in mind the 2000 (or however many apply to you personally) calories you need to take in every day are to be spread out over 5-6 small meals. It's very simple and will become routine over time. If you don't like eating so often google intermittent fasting. You may like it. I would gouge my eyeballs out with a spoon.

In the gym-If you are serious then it's time to get SERIOUS. No, I am not telling you to go kill yourself, what I am going to say is that it is time to take things to the next level. In addition to mapping out your meals every day it is imperative that you approach time in the gym with laser like precision. Trust me on this, a realistic routine on paper will make a world of difference. You won't be wondering what to do or when, no indecisiveness.

I can't say really WHAT your routine is right now because you managed to post several times AFTER I asked for details and really provided nothing of any usefulness. So, here is a small cookie cutter to start with. If it seems easy tell me, otherwise give it a shot.

M W F hour of cardio and 4 days out of the week (can be M T TH FR for example) you get in about an hour of weights. I like to split my routine up, get the cardio in the morning, hit the weights at night. You on the other hand- well for all I know you don a cape and save little old ladies from purse snatchers every evening. My point is you gave me little so I am making an assumption that you can swing 7 hours in the gym every week. If you can't it can easily be changed.

The cardio I like people to do for fat loss is one of two things- a brisk walk on an incline for about an hour or murderous death sprints that have literally brought the most hardened athletes to their knees. It's your choice, both will burn fat, one is easier but the other is far superior. Your choice. Oh, and the wind sprints only take 25 minutes vs a full hour on the treadmill. You decide.

Weight training routines hey, load and burn like I said. 8-12 reps what you do is on you. I asked for details and you talked about velveeta cheese. You can certainly google weight lifting routines, it's not hard. Post some and I will tell you which I think will work best for you. Always remember KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid. The best routines are the most basic.

Last edited by 408Mike; 03-10-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Load Metric
    Aw shucks I forgot to talk about your stimulant usage didn't I?

No I didn't. You are the exact type of person who ends up in the hospital overdosing on fucking ripped fuel capsules and as a result ephedrine is no longer on the shelf. If you can get your diet and workout routine on track FIRST you can add stims later to help boost energy levels and free up lipids for energy but in the meantime please skip them. Focus on eating and getting healthy first, tinker with the "extras" later. Trust me on this- you will never be in tune with your body taking a bunch of crap. Do it natural and see and feel every little change in your physique in direct response to what you are eating and doing in the gym and then enhance your body's response when needed. You will thank me later.

Load Metric
    what it be mikey!!!!!!!!!!

Load Metric
    what it be mikey!!!!!!!!!!
    I have GOT to learn how to proofread! Every singe time I read my post I go back and edit something. So annoying.

Hope you find some usefulness in what I wrote. I wish you the best.

Cheers.

Load Metric
    okay, just read your post.... gonna be careful with stimulants.

glad i'm eating 3 eggs per day and the cheese and small amount of meat.

gotta get me butt back to the gym and do those squats again plus other large muscle exercises..... i was good for several years till i got this darn dog....now i just hike with him.

actually embarrassed to tell you how much weight i really lost....okay i'll tell you..... went from 214 to 187 right now..... that's 27 lbs

i may have said less before cause i didnt want people to think i was a big ole fatty...... was taking a drug that controlled partial complex seizure and it caused weight gain....once they switched me to a different drug.... topomax.... the weight fell off easier also.... that's another reason no hunger

but wheat is my #1 enemy.... i have partial celiac disease...gluten intolerance...when i eat it i get diarrhea....plus i start craving more and more and more of it....it's a vicious nasty cycle

GRAIN IS THE ENEMY.....REPEAT THAT TO YOURSELF MIKEY

Load Metric
    okay, just read your post.... gonna be careful with stimulants.

glad i'm eating 3 eggs per day and the cheese and small amount of meat.

gotta get me butt back to the gym and do those squats again plus other large muscle exercises..... i was good for several years till i got this darn dog....now i just hike with him.

actually embarrassed to tell you how much weight i really lost....okay i'll tell you..... went from 214 to 187 right now..... that's 27 lbs

i may have said less before cause i didnt want people to think i was a big ole fatty...... was taking a drug that controlled partial complex seizure and it caused weight gain....once they switched me to a different drug.... topomax.... the weight fell off easier also.... that's another reason no hunger

but wheat is my #1 enemy.... i have partial celiac disease...gluten intolerance...when i eat it i get diarrhea....plus i start craving more and more and more of it....it's a vicious nasty cycle

GRAIN IS THE ENEMY.....REPEAT THAT TO YOURSELF MIKEY
    Grain certainly is not MY enemy, it's just food. If something doesn't work for your body by all means eliminate it.

It sounds like you are keen to a paleo diet. Similar to the one you were on but EAT MORE and structure your day differently. Do NOT starve yourself half the day please. I can tolerate a good many things but a human being starving itself to lose fat- I just can't stand it.

Feel you on the meds and celiac disease. Mom has it as well. She thinks it's always been present but getting much worse with age. I can only cross my fingers I guess...

A big ol fatty? Bro, first there is nothing WRONG with being fat! I am blessed in that I see the human body as a compartmentalization of many different and amazing parts. What that means is- skinny fat, ugly or good looking, young or old, I see every person as an individual who is unique and special. It doesn't matter if you have excess adipose tissue, what matters is the person inside you, WHO you really are. Fuck exterior trim, it takes many forms. I can assure you, the most disgusting human beings I have ever met were also the finest girls I slept with. Slovakia comes to mind..damn olive skinned demon...anyway don't get hung up on what people may or may not think about you. Instead, concentrate on being the best YOU that you can be and if you get a shot at contributing be it a thread post or whatever, give it your best. The rest is all academic.

and I KNOW you did NOT just try to blame your out of shape status on getting a freaking dog! haha bro, I know a guy who lives in SF who was paralyzed in a car accident 10 years ago who, to this day, is USMC Special Forces quality. Without legs. If he had legs he'd have killed hussein bin laden and kim johg il on a saturday morning and been up early for church. The guy wheels up and down hills like a mac truck and has never *NEVER* gone a day (that he wasn't hospitalized) without working out. Pullups sit-ups etc. Hell he wheels uphill faster than I can run. So if my buddy's zombied lower torso isn't enough to get the man down you sure as shit better have something better than "well, see I got this dog, and....yeah."

Draw up clear and concise goals and measure out the length of time you want to get it done by and consider it done homeboy.

Load Metric
    appreciate your contributions mike

gonna get motivate to get back to the gym....i have membership

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...gut-leaks.aspx
    humans are NOT designed to eat grains, and doing so may actually be damaging to your gut.

http://www.mercola.com/article/carbo...low_grains.htm

Low Grain and Carbohydrate Diets Treat Hypoglycemia, Heart Disease, Diabetes Cancer and Nearly ALL Chronic Illness

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-g...#axzz1ooKAErW1

The answer is unequivocally, undeniably no. We do not need grains to survive, let alone thrive. In fact, they are naturally selected to ward off pests, whether they be insects or hominids. I suggest we take the hint and stop eating them.

Load Metric
    appreciate your contributions mike

gonna get motivate to get back to the gym....i have membership

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...gut-leaks.aspx
    humans are NOT designed to eat grains, and doing so may actually be damaging to your gut.

http://www.mercola.com/article/carbo...low_grains.htm

Low Grain and Carbohydrate Diets Treat Hypoglycemia, Heart Disease, Diabetes Cancer and Nearly ALL Chronic Illness

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-g...#axzz1ooKAErW1

The answer is unequivocally, undeniably no. We do not need grains to survive, let alone thrive. In fact, they are naturally selected to ward off pests, whether they be insects or hominids. I suggest we take the hint and stop eating them.
    Grains have their place dude. For example, without very cheap and easily accessible grains much of the world would literally starve to death. The livestock you would prefer to eat consumes what during it's life? Grains are important. You can make a valid argument that they are less than ideal for someone trying to achieve a very low level of body fat but what about the reverse? Some people are trying to GAIN weight believe it or not.

Case in point- one of my favorite customers at the store I ran was an african kid named Brandon. Well, not really a kid, he was 34 at the time, but dude looked like he was 15. He drove a VERY nice blue corvette and when he'd get out of the car you'd swear it had to be his dad's or something.

Anyway, dude comes in and at the time was maybe 125-130 soaking wet at 5ft7. He goes on to break down his workout routine diet et al and asks me what should he do? I told him the answer was clear as can be-ICE CREAM!!!!

No shit not exaggeration I had this kid eating nearly a gallon of ice cream every day. I had him using it instead of milk to make up the 4 weight gainer protein shakes he had every single day. My macro breakdown delivered nearly 7500 calories every single day. It was actually very balanced believe it or not.

The guy jumped to 162 in 90 days and within 6 months was a very solid ripped to the bone 175. I mean the dude put on 40lbs SOLID in 6 months no drugs. That is what genetics and the right coach/mentor (and hard work) can do. B became one of my better friends and to this day we shoot the shit about how anorexic he was. His wife always jokes around "Honey you looked like a starvin marvin come to life!" haha.

fi

Thread Information