Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It pains me but I'm actually thinking of ditching the iPhone

Load Metric
    GET THESE NERDS ZAPS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Couldn't agree more. The best Apple products I've owned are the eMac and iMac 2011. Both are heavy with creativity type software (music and video) which have been depleted with each and every software upgrade.

Same with the phone except it's a fucking phone. The rest is bullcrap. Small screen, speakers, less and less control......

Honestly though the speakers on my eMac or iMac are the best compared to any other computer system I know of. Not just good but pretty good

Also if you're going to ditch your iPhone give a shout out to an area you have in mind.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm actually thinking of going into an Apple store, having them bring me their inventory of iPhone 6 and 6S, and running the serial numbers through a website which reveal their manufacturing date, thus giving away the iOS they're running...

... all so I can have one last jailbreaking hurrah.

Yes, I'm really considering buying a "new" semi-obsolete phone for hundreds of dollars.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm actually thinking of going into an Apple store
    Name:  mac.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  93.2 KB

Load Metric
    I'm actually thinking of going into an Apple store, having them bring me their inventory of iPhone 6 and 6S, and running the serial numbers through a website which reveal their manufacturing date, thus giving away the iOS they're running...

... all so I can have one last jailbreaking hurrah.

Yes, I'm really considering buying a "new" semi-obsolete phone for hundreds of dollars.
    Apple no longer sells the iPhone 6.

Tomorrow, on Thanksgiving, WalMart's Black Friday starts at 6pm at their regular Walmart stores, Walmart Super-Centers and at their online site.

You can buy on iPhone 6 with 32GB for $129.

A few other pre-paid carriers sell the iPhone 6 for $199.

Any decent apps for iOS that run on jail-broken iPhones?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Fuck it I've done it.

My trusty 6s has gained a nasty dose of iPhone touch disease.

So I've gone and bought a phone by a company I had never heard of until today - a OnePlus 6. Kinda looks a bit like an iPhone X but with a headphone jack.

Name:  OnePlus-6-39-of-51-1200x800.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  126.8 KB

As it turns out it's less than half the price of an X as well. Allegedly you can get iOS app emulators which I intend to try out.

So fuck Apple and fuck their ecosystem lock-in and fuck their fuck-you attitude to customer experiece.

Will report back.

Comments

SysOp: love the use of the word fuck and the apple company together
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    using a droid is a great way to not ever get laid
    Yeah. Tbh if I text a guy and there’s green text it’s a huge turnoff.
    LOL, I have iPhone X, but if you text me it is always green.

It has to due with the way we route our texts and have to do logging for compliance. Just like if you call my number or I call you it isn't the actual devices number.

I am in the IT field and we have almost every phone, tablet and laptop in the office. All of my guys carry a MBP, an iPad, & iPhone even though they can pick android, dell and samsung they don't NONE! When we are doing development where we have to do android too they always have that. One nice thing about a MacBook is that we can run any x86 OS other than chrome.

Load Metric
    i just bought a fully loaded 2018 mbp.. pretty much max everything but cpu.

i was read to bounce on iphone but the new ones are _allegedly_ what ive been asking for since 2002; an iphone legitimately the size of a small but functional tablet.

the thought of breaking away from imessage is the glue holding together these decisions.

but real talk if that iphone is trash i expect i wont be buying another apple laptop/phone for fucking ever again.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Fuck it I've done it.

So I've gone and bought a phone by a company I had never heard of until today - a OnePlus 6. Kinda looks a bit like an iPhone X but with a headphone jack.
    I am all too familiar with the iPhone touch disease.

My girlfriend's iPhone 6 Plus caught that variant of iPhone AIDS in 2017: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...-149-to-fix-it

We coughed up $149 for the "fix", which was in reality a refurbished phone swapped out for it.

This refurbished phone has been shit.

Within a few months (but conveniently after its 90 day warranty), it started running REALLY slow.

I blamed the battery issue, but a replacement battery didn't help.

She's been suffering through it ever since, and is only still with the phone because she's still deciding what to buy next.

I HATE, HATE, HATE the policy cell manufacturers have to "warranty" phones by simply giving you a refurbished replacement. That's not a warranty. That's swapping out a defective phone you bought for full price for a shit phone full of other problems.

I am still using my jailbroken iPhone 6, on iOS 10.0.2 (also known as the jsearles phone).

I have extended its usable life with this little trick, but soon enough it will be obsolete, and I'll have to decide what to do next.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Druff,

Have you looked into this https://www.rossmanngroup.com/ it's Louis Rossmann for board level stuff we have used him on quite a bit of Apple stuff. For testing and dev we have one of every gen of iPhone but all staff carries a X right now. We can't have jailbroken stuff as anything corporate, but we have to maintain our R&D platforms.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHoster View Post
    Druff,

Have you looked into this https://www.rossmanngroup.com/ it's Louis Rossmann for board level stuff we have used him on quite a bit of Apple stuff. For testing and dev we have one of every gen of iPhone but all staff carries a X right now. We can't have jailbroken stuff as anything corporate, but we have to maintain our R&D platforms.
    Is that the Jew with the YouTube videos? He says apple products are pieces of junk. Never understood the cult following.

Load Metric
    Fuck it I've done it.

Name:  OnePlus-6-39-of-51-1200x800.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  126.8 KB

As it turns out it's less than half the price of an X as well. Allegedly you can get iOS app emulators which I intend to try out.

So fuck Apple and fuck their ecosystem lock-in and fuck their fuck-you attitude to customer experiece.

Will report back.
    Well how's it going with the Oneplus?

I need to upgrade soon, have always used iPhones but honestly want a good battery, headphone jack and something fast & reliable.

This phone was one of my preferred options so I'm interested to see what you think?
    BALLIN'!!

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Spunk Bucket View Post

I need to upgrade soon, have always used iPhones but honestly want a good battery, headphone jack and something fast & reliable.

This phone was one of my preferred options so I'm interested to see what you think?
    The Oneplus 6 is excellent, glad I made the switch. Nice big screen (makes my old iPhone 6s look tiny), fast, quick to charge, goold battery life, reliable (no crashes)

Unlocking the phone is via face or fingerprint reader, which is on the back in a pretty natural position to put your finger.

Pretty much every app you can get in the Apple app store is available on Google Play - even Apple music. No iMessage but you can use whatsapp or facebook messenger just as easily, and google have just release android messenges which is basically iMessage. Same with facetime but you can use whatsapp / skype; Apple Pay = Android Pay etc. etc.

I prefer android's flexibility of the screen layout and the ability to add and customise widgets is better than Apple's dull icons. There are a ton more configuration options as well.

One thing to be aware of is that headphones desgined for iOS will only support the centre button (pause/play) and not the volume buttons. But at least I can use them, they'd be useless on a iPhone X as there's no place to plug them in.

Fast charging is 0 to 60% in 30 minutes, a full charge takes just over an hour. For fast charging you have to use the supplied adapater which is fairly bulky. The charging speed tails off to preserve the battery life.

btw there is a 6T version coming out soon which apparently has screen fingerprint recognition, so might be worth getting this.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Everything I needed to know. Thanks buddy!
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Spunk Bucket View Post

The Oneplus 6 is excellent, glad I made the switch. Nice big screen (makes my old iPhone 6s look tiny), fast, quick to charge, goold battery life, reliable (no crashes)

Unlocking the phone is via face or fingerprint reader, which is on the back in a pretty natural position to put your finger.

Pretty much every app you can get in the Apple app store is available on Google Play - even Apple music. No iMessage but you can use whatsapp or facebook messenger just as easily, and google have just release android messenges which is basically iMessage. Same with facetime but you can use whatsapp / skype; Apple Pay = Android Pay etc. etc.

I prefer android's flexibility of the screen layout and the ability to add and customise widgets is better than Apple's dull icons. There are a ton more configuration options as well.

One thing to be aware of is that headphones desgined for iOS will only support the centre button (pause/play) and not the volume buttons. But at least I can use them, they'd be useless on a iPhone X as there's no place to plug them in.

Fast charging is 0 to 60% in 30 minutes, a full charge takes just over an hour. For fast charging you have to use the supplied adapater which is fairly bulky. The charging speed tails off to preserve the battery life.

btw there is a 6T version coming out soon which apparently has screen fingerprint recognition, so might be worth getting this.
    Lets not get carried away here, its a good phone in its price range
    Slava Ukraini!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

Lets not get carried away here, its a good phone in its price range
    sext me.

Comments

hongkonger: Why does a Jew want a sext from a Nazi?

Load Metric
    Ive broken 2 7's in the last couple months. My backup is a 6. Where to buy cheap working 7 cant rely on backup forever and Im cheaper than all ya jews combined.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apples are going to be 20% even more expensive and that's just a start..

It's part trade and part the libtards/globalist can't get away from useing forced labor camps in a Marxist environment.

Also they banned infowars app..

I guess calling them out for useing slaves was offensive and hate speech directed too "said owners of the slaves"

Load Metric
    can we talk about that time druff reached for his iphone and knocked over like 11 pepsi cans and his son saw it and will internalize that for the rest of his life

Load Metric
    Or the time his dad banned a guy named lol wow that had great one liners at times but lately is a huge idiot?

Load Metric
    anyways hand pushing past this random guys face are we at the point where tine is bragging about buying a macbook dont tell me were here

Thread Information