Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: It pains me but I'm actually thinking of ditching the iPhone

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

It pains me but I'm actually thinking of ditching the iPhone

This will be painful as I'm well entrenched into the iOS ecosystem.

I'm not particularly an Apple fanboy - I've never owned a Mac or an iPad. But I have had a bunch of iPods and iPhones - 4s, 5s and currently 6s.

The reason for ditching is simple - no headphone jack on the newer models. I've used iPods and iPhones for music, radio and podcasts for over 10 years. The iPods/iPhone have evolved from being music/audio-centric devices and that's the reason I have stuck with them. I have all my music through apple music and itunes match.

I am just not convinced that wireless headphones will give the same experience as wired. Plus I can't be fagged charging another fucking device up all the time.

So what to do .... go wireless, go Android, or buy some shit like this fucking monstrosity

Name:  DSCF2271.0.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  183.9 KB

Anyone made the switch and lived?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

I'm not particularly an Apple fanboy - I've never owned a Mac or an iPad. But I have had a bunch of iPods and iPhones - 4s, 5s and currently 6s.

The reason for ditching is simple - no headphone jack on the newer models. I've used iPods and iPhones for music, radio and podcasts for over 10 years. The iPods/iPhone have evolved from being music/audio-centric devices and that's the reason I have stuck with them. I have all my music through apple music and itunes match.

I am just not convinced that wireless headphones will give the same experience as wired. Plus I can't be fagged charging another fucking device up all the time.

So what to do .... go wireless, go Android, or buy some shit like this fucking monstrosity

only had this problem once when i left the flashlight on in my pocket and realized i couldn't listen to music and charge it with out a dongle thing. happened only once the iPhone 7 has a great battery and lasts a full day with out charging, at least for me.

I also use earbuds with the correct plug and from what i have herd it works and sounds better that the antiquated 3.5 plug.
    you are correct in assuming that blue tooth sound is degraded a bit after it is compressed and sent to device a cleaner wireless solution is low frequency FM signal. I think sennheiser uses this technology in most of there wireless headphones.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Ya I made the switch a few months back. I've used iPhones since the 4 so maybe like 5ish years. I just could not get used to the android OS. iOS is close to perfect for what I need. I am not a particularly "techy" guy, I just need my phone to do what I need it to do. And that's what iphone does. It's great at being smooth and reliable, albeit simplistic and dumbed down.

The no headphone jack is bullshit. A lot of people just don't want to use wireless. I bought a 32gb iPhone se because it was cheap and it came with the headphone jack. I honestly love this thing, it's the body of the iPhone 5s which was probably my favorite design, with almost all the internals of the 6s (NFC for Apple Pay, 2gb ram, ability to shoot in 4K, etc). All it really lacks is 3D Touch and a better front facing camera. I will ride this thing out as long as possible.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    Ya I made the switch a few months back. I've used iPhones since the 4 so maybe like 5ish years. I just could not get used to the android OS. iOS is close to perfect for what I need. I am not a particularly "techy" guy, I just need my phone to do what I need it to do. And that's what iphone does. It's great at being smooth and reliable, albeit simplistic and dumbed down.

The no headphone jack is bullshit. A lot of people just don't want to use wireless. I bought a 32gb iPhone se because it was cheap and it came with the headphone jack. I honestly love this thing, it's the body of the iPhone 5s which was probably my favorite design, with almost all the internals of the 6s (NFC for Apple Pay, 2gb ram, ability to shoot in 4K, etc). All it really lacks is 3D Touch and a better front facing camera. I will ride this thing out as long as possible.
    When you say you switched are you saying you switched to Android then switched back again pretty quickly?
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    using a droid is a great way to not ever get laid

Comments

Suicide King: Very true.

Load Metric
    Just tell me about the cringes girls give you when they see yer droid

Load Metric
    Staying away from Apple products has always been a good idea, hop on that train before it leaves the station.

Load Metric
    Good lookism thread discussing this topic

https://lookism.net/Thread-Having-an...ne-is-autistic

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Yeah. Tbh if I text a guy and there’s green text it’s a huge turnoff.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Silver
    Load Metric
    My mate upgraded so gave me his 7 yesterday.

All I've learnt is it weighs 3 times as much as my 5 and takes up all my pocket.

It could be on Ebay tomorrow
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post

When you say you switched are you saying you switched to Android then switched back again pretty quickly?
    Correct. I used a galaxy note 4 and a s7 for about a month. Just couldn't get used to it. Plus a bunch of lag, although I think that might be mostly Samsung specific. Everything is just so much smoother on my iPhone se

Load Metric
    When you have kids FaceTime is important.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    When you have kids FaceTime is important.
    Google Duo

Load Metric

You will never in a million years notice the quality difference between wired and wireless headphones.

Simply put, nobody has a bit rate quality that your ear would hear the difference at, anything you do hear is made up in your mind.

Also the reason they got rid of it is they are moving to wireless charging slowly. So eventually you wouldn’t have a dual plugin need unless you are out and about and need a power bank.

Honestly I would just buy the wireless headphones and not change ecosystems. Texting on your computer, note sharing, reminder sharing between devices is all way too important to give up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Honestly I would just buy the wireless headphones and not change ecosystems. Texting on your computer, note sharing, reminder sharing between devices is all way too important to give up.
    As annoying as it is to just roll over and take Apple's bullshit, this seems like the right answer.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    i am totally unconvinced that the iphone x is $1000+ worth of phone.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i bought an iphone once($399), way back in the day.

it was the newest one at thge time..i think the screen was a 3.5 inch. safari was super slow couldnt multi task as effeciently, it just sucked....

within 6 monthes i switched back too android ($149) with a 4 inch screen much faster search results and effertless multitasking.

fuck everything apple..

Comments

Sludge: Apple rules!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    i bought an iphone once($399), way back in the day.

it was the newest one at thge time..i think the screen was a 3.5 inch. safari was super slow couldnt multi task as effeciently, it just sucked....

within 6 monthes i switched back too android ($149) with a 4 inch screen much faster search results and effertless multitasking.

fuck everything apple..
    After careful analysis of all the contributions in this thread, I am sorry to have to inform you that your opinion on this occasion has been unsuccessful. We wish you you all the best for the future.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    I say the same thing about crystal.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    you guys are tv watching, mouth-breathing normie trash if your phone cost more than 200 dollars

Thread Information