Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: seriously tho fuck iphone x

Load Metric

seriously tho fuck iphone x

im not going to lie, i was considering it, but this is why i just cant go there:

you cant unlock the iphone x with a fingerprint, it will only use your face. which right out of the box seems like its easily exploitable but whatever.

apparently the new hotness is going to be *tracking your facial response to ads*.

stop and think about that.

AI can already tell if you want to chug a dick using a static image of your face. now imagine having real time analytic access to your pupil response, facial tics, skin color, etc every time a fucking ad appears on your screen?

i cant even cover up the fucking camera with tape because i need it to unlock the phone.

yall have fun with that shit. im fucking out.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    im not going to lie, i was considering it, but this is why i just cant go there:

you cant unlock the iphone x with a fingerprint, it will only use your face. which right out of the box seems like its easily exploitable but whatever.

apparently the new hotness is going to be *tracking your facial response to ads*.

stop and think about that.

AI can already tell if you want to chug a dick using a static image of your face. now imagine having real time analytic access to your pupil response, facial tics, skin color, etc every time a fucking ad appears on your screen?

i cant even cover up the fucking camera with tape because i need it to unlock the phone.

yall have fun with that shit. im fucking out.
    Who cares about all this? You don't buy a $1000 phone cause its actually worth it. You buy a $1000 as a status symbol bitches than you can afford a $1000 phone. The increase in social status is where you gain yer value.

Load Metric
    like the united states government cant even keep the results of its top secret security clearance investigations from spilling.

if you dont think your prospective employer is going to be able to quietly find out about your 'MILFs in welding masks' fetish this time next year, all i can tell you is you better pray for universal basic income.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Aren’t you single? Why do you even care (assuming you aren’t into pedophilia Or something similar)

Us married dudes are the ones that have to worry about our wives finding out the shit we do it is in everyone’s best interest they don’t know about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If anyone has an iPhone 5S or later with IOS 9 through 10.2 (not 10.2.3 or later, though), get a hold of me.

I might want to buy it.

Mine just broke, and I don't want a phone without the ability to jailbreak.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    like the united states government cant even keep the results of its top secret security clearance investigations from spilling.

if you dont think your prospective employer is going to be able to quietly find out about your 'MILFs in welding masks' fetish this time next year, all i can tell you is you better pray for universal basic income.
    Fair enough. I can see where employers knowing too much could be a problem.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If anyone has an iPhone 5S or later with IOS 9 through 10.2 (not 10.2.3 or later, though), get a hold of me.

I might want to buy it.

lol you can get a 5s for like $90 on amazon. no need to set up deals on the forums

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

I might want to buy it.

lol you can get a 5s for like $90 on amazon. no need to set up deals on the forums
    Yeah one with a later iOS which also might be in shit conditiion

Load Metric
    Being tracked 24/7 doesn't really bother me, because only irrelevant rednecks care about that. But being forced to use your face to unlock the phone seems annoying. Are you not allowed to use a passcode as a backup? I assumed you would be, the same way you can use it instead of doing Touch ID. What if you're in another room and you want your friend to use your phone? Or if some twink is laying next to me they can just take my phone and hold it up to my face and get into my phone. They always do that shit. I don't even really have a problem with Face ID, but Touch ID works so well that why mess with it? This isn't an improvement.

I'm gonna steal Madonna's phone and then go to the wax museum.

Comments

thesparten: Racist hate speech alert... Let's null and void free speech for him. After all, it's the libtard thing too do.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

in welding masks....no did not see that coming, yet

Comments

sonatine: im a man of wealth and taste

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

Yeah one with a later iOS which also might be in shit conditiion
    oh, i know nothing about ios. carry on

Load Metric
    Why do you even care (assuming you aren’t into pedophilia Or something similar)
    You're not familiar with Sonatine?

Comments

gimmick:
    TRUMP 2024!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Being tracked 24/7 doesn't really bother me, because only irrelevant rednecks care about that. But being forced to use your face to unlock the phone seems annoying. Are you not allowed to use a passcode as a backup? I assumed you would be, the same way you can use it instead of doing Touch ID. What if you're in another room and you want your friend to use your phone? Or if some twink is laying next to me they can just take my phone and hold it up to my face and get into my phone. They always do that shit. I don't even really have a problem with Face ID, but Touch ID works so well that why mess with it? This isn't an improvement.

You can use a passcode if you don't want to use the Face ID.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apple and Facebook are very similar.

They are extremely concerned about your privacy, unless it has to do with your privacy where it benefits them to intrude, and then all of a sudden they are quoting terms of service at you as to why they can harvest everything.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Stueyivey View Post

You can use a passcode if you don't want to use the Face ID.
    Ahh, that's what I figured. Total nothingburger in that case
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    It takes a special kind of retard to believe that having a big gay company like Apple track your face and fingerprints is somehow "more secure" than just using a standard passcode. This isn't just "normal users" but tech bloggers and other "geek" type people think this too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    It takes a special kind of retard to believe that having a big gay company like Apple track your face and fingerprints is somehow "more secure" than just using a standard passcode. This isn't just "normal users" but tech bloggers and other "geek" type people think this too.
    Well two factor authentication is always exponentially better than one factor authentication...
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    Well two factor authentication is always exponentially better than one factor authentication...
    If one of the factors is sending off your left nut to some corporation then I'll take the security hit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Forget the camera thing.

The lack of headphone jack (I know that was true for the iPhone 7, too) and the no home button are killers to me.

The no home button thing will go over as well as the no start button did for Windows 8.

Load Metric
    honestly the headphone jack situation is infuriating and a half but its also kind of a 'get used to it' deal because errrrrybody is jumping on that train.

but facial monitoring + facebook ads = a lot of rich lawyers by the time the dust settles.

Thread Information