Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Real grinders

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I personally like Ray and the main mod over there (Terry King, who was a '70s/'80s Vegas poker figure, and dated Chip Reese for a few years).

The Facebook group has actually been a huge success, unlike the website, which was the original business plan.

The Facebook group has like 17,000 members, and overall it's very active. Yes, there's a lot of stupid people on there, but that's mainly because of the large number of members. The bigger the online community is, the dumber it tends to get.

I still find the RealGrinders Facebook page mostly entertaining to read, though I do get overwhelmed when some thread has like 373 replies, most of which are all saying the same thing. I tend to tune out of those threads.

One problem over there is that Ray believes that rival groups (such as Kash Poker) are looking to fuck him over and ruin RealGrinders, so there's a degree of paranoia about that. It is true that he's had some conflicts which have resulted in formerly prominent members attempting to start new groups (such as Kash) and "replace" RealGrinders, but the problem is that he gets to believe that anything coming out of those groups is aimed at screwing him, which isn't always true.

In the most recent situation, some guy screwed his backers, and Ray was sure that the outing of him was an attempt by Kash Poker and those with PPPoker clubs to make him and Fox Poker (the private poker site he represents) look bad. I talked to him privately about this on Wednesday night, and told him that didn't seem to be true. I advised him just to let the whole thing play out on RealGrinders, and that it really was unlikely to reflect badly upon him, as he had nothing to do with it. That's what he did, and that was that.

Anyway, it's easily the largest poker-related group on Facebook, so it's here to stay.
    What are your thoughts on the Milpman?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    Y is Side Dish pming me asking if i fcked Katie Trout?

Plz tell me that aint her in the I love cock tshirt?

Wow rat much??? But I was finally getting around to see what u meant like a month ago when I said "so what was that scammer who hits on everyone and never puts out up to" to which u responded "that's not true"

Edit: this was on PFA chat btw, think I hit up every green dot that was on, definately didnt go out of my way to be sex gossiping trash
    Last edited by thesidedish; 01-04-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    I personally like Ray and the main mod over there (Terry King, who was a '70s/'80s Vegas poker figure, and dated Chip Reese for a few years).

The Facebook group has actually been a huge success, unlike the website, which was the original business plan.

The Facebook group has like 17,000 members, and overall it's very active. Yes, there's a lot of stupid people on there, but that's mainly because of the large number of members. The bigger the online community is, the dumber it tends to get.

I still find the RealGrinders Facebook page mostly entertaining to read, though I do get overwhelmed when some thread has like 373 replies, most of which are all saying the same thing. I tend to tune out of those threads.

One problem over there is that Ray believes that rival groups (such as Kash Poker) are looking to fuck him over and ruin RealGrinders, so there's a degree of paranoia about that. It is true that he's had some conflicts which have resulted in formerly prominent members attempting to start new groups (such as Kash) and "replace" RealGrinders, but the problem is that he gets to believe that anything coming out of those groups is aimed at screwing him, which isn't always true.

In the most recent situation, some guy screwed his backers, and Ray was sure that the outing of him was an attempt by Kash Poker and those with PPPoker clubs to make him and Fox Poker (the private poker site he represents) look bad. I talked to him privately about this on Wednesday night, and told him that didn't seem to be true. I advised him just to let the whole thing play out on RealGrinders, and that it really was unlikely to reflect badly upon him, as he had nothing to do with it. That's what he did, and that was that.

Anyway, it's easily the largest poker-related group on Facebook, so it's here to stay.
    What are your thoughts on the Milpman?
    I think the Milpman is just one of those arrogant Asian poker players who wants everyone to think that he's a scary force at the tables.

He's one of those guys who is always posting pictures of big stacks and reports of big wins, but then you wonder why he's not putting up huge tournament results or dominating the high cash games.

He doesn't really bother me.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Dumb fucking asses in that group. Ignorant fucking asses in that group.

huh
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Dumb fucking asses in that group. Ignorant fucking asses in that group.

huh
    chaps is a nice guy for a minute
    blake is embryonically defiscient

bye god are you stupid
    Last edited by limitles; 01-04-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    why is this the not most revered form of art, /....i don't know but yeah , i do

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    why is this the not most revered form of art, /....i don't know but yeah , i do
    Last edited by limitles; 01-04-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Finally got around to checking out this Real Grinders facebook page that people have been talking about. Holy fuck. These people are the stupidest motherfuckers on earth. They make PFA look like a Mensa forum.

I've never seen so many posts where > 's < is used to pluralize a word.

Then there's this Milpman character who must be severely autistic.

Please post the dumbest things you see on Real Grinders.
    Never mind, I think you're right about the Milpman.

https://www.facebook.com/milp.man/vi...4367602341133/

Load Metric
    Finally got around to checking out this Real Grinders facebook page that people have been talking about. Holy fuck. These people are the stupidest motherfuckers on earth. They make PFA look like a Mensa forum.

I've never seen so many posts where > 's < is used to pluralize a word.

Then there's this Milpman character who must be severely autistic.

Please post the dumbest things you see on Real Grinders.

Bahahaha, the banter you're having with him in that Facebook thread is hilarious. His definition of "getting MILPed big time" is about as clear as Ice Man's "flat barrelling." Those two should get together sometime at the #1 N Nightclub.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Bahahaha, the banter you're having with him in that Facebook thread is hilarious. His definition of "getting MILPed big time" is about as clear as Ice Man's "flat barrelling." Those two should get together sometime at the #1 N Nightclub.
    I had no idea he was actually SAYING "You got MILPed big time" out loud when winning pots in live poker. That changed everything.

The fact that he would say it in a monotone, unenthusiastic voice made it even more lol.

Load Metric
    I’m in or was in that FB group for awhile. Still exists?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Yes, but it mostly fell apart once Ray faced those criminal charges for lewd conduct with teen girls. PFA was the only poker media really covering it at the time, but I don't think you were on here at that time.

At one point I received a long handwritten letter from Ray Davis from jail, insisting he was innocent. I still have it around somewhere.

There are some Real Grinders loyalists who still post in the group, and Ray is actively posting again, acting as if all of this never happened. But nothing he does going forward will ever be big again, due to that whole matter. At one point Real Grinders had actually become a fairly big deal in poker.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Yes, but it mostly fell apart once Ray faced those criminal charges for lewd conduct with teen girls. PFA was the only poker media really covering it at the time, but I don't think you were on here at that time.

At one point I received a long handwritten letter from Ray Davis from jail, insisting he was innocent. I still have it around somewhere.

There are some Real Grinders loyalists who still post in the group, and Ray is actively posting again, acting as if all of this never happened. But nothing he does going forward will ever be big again, due to that whole matter. At one point Real Grinders had actually become a fairly big deal in poker.
    I know Ray had tried to get a poker site up and running again after the legal issues quieted down but it turned into a major fiasco as I recall. I still have my RG hoodie they gave me when I won the seat to play at Commerce in late 2017.

Ray was at a table next to me most of the day. I think he was kinda shocked I didn’t busto quick. I’d played plenty of daily’s in my time and a few multi day potential. Never really had any results to speak of so I wasn’t exactly the donkey he thought I was. Hell I tried to be patient despite being card dead for 3 levels straight. Almost made the dinner break but was down to 9BBs and got a decent hand to shove as I recall KJ but just my luck the one caller had AA. .

I remember Raymond Davis from long long time ago at the bike playing those dailies . it really felt like they all knew each other and had their own cliques. the Vietnamese , etc etc .

fun times

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

I know Ray had tried to get a poker site up and running again after the legal issues quieted down but it turned into a major fiasco as I recall. I still have my RG hoodie they gave me when I won the seat to play at Commerce in late 2017.

Ray was at a table next to me most of the day. I think he was kinda shocked I didn’t busto quick. I’d played plenty of daily’s in my time and a few multi day potential. Never really had any results to speak of so I wasn’t exactly the donkey he thought I was. Hell I tried to be patient despite being card dead for 3 levels straight. Almost made the dinner break but was down to 9BBs and got a decent hand to shove as I recall KJ but just my luck the one caller had AA. .
    I've only played with Ray at the WSOP at Omaha 8. He was very tight.

I think he likes to use his boisterous, crazy guy image to disguise the fact that he's a tight player.

I liked Ray, and PFA had a good relationship with Real Grinders the entire way, until Ray's "incident". At that point, I distanced myself and PFA from him and Real Grinders, for obvious reasons.

Thread Information