Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bryan Micon Story

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    at the time, I felt like drexel deserved what he got, the way he sided with micon in a whole druff leaving situation. I couldn't imagine how any reasonable people were taking micon's side, but I guess people weren't really reasonable about any of that stuff.
    yea thinking about why the fuck would he side with micon
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    TEAMRAZOR brought the hits....

Load Metric
    at the time, I felt like drexel deserved what he got, the way he sided with micon in a whole druff leaving situation. I couldn't imagine how any reasonable people were taking micon's side, but I guess people weren't really reasonable about any of that stuff.

It was February 12th, 2011. I only remember that date because it was two days before Valentine's Day. Micon was in a frenzy because he was busto, panicking, and wanted to get Martha a nice gift.

He had asked me to borrow 10k. I knew at the time that he had been going around with Kessler playing must hit slot machines for both comps and money. I believed then what I believe now- that playing those machines even very disciplined are a good way to win a little money but to mostly end up ahead through comps, offers, invites etc.

Unless you are deeply rolled and working with a sophisticated team, you're not going to make enough of a cash profit to live off of.

I at the time had around $40,000 liquid. I didn't feel comfortable lending 25% of my net worth for that reason with no set repayment plan and more so, knowing what the use of that money was for.

I believed Micon would pay me back. He had never EVER in our friendship stiffed me when I had leant him money (or he had leant me) but I just wasn't confortable mainly because he had no other income at the time, and I just didn't believe he could make a living playing slots.

A few weeks before this happened, Micon and I started played Chinese poker heads up on a app. I was brand new to the game and he was relatively experienced. Of course he absolutely destroyed me to the tune of $3,000 in a short period of time. I remember asking if I could pay him back in payments over a few months. He declined basically stating he needed the money. I paid. That hurt for a while. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that incident also contributed to this.

The last time I ever saw Micon (or Martha) in a social setting was a few days after Valentine's Day in 2011. This was AFTER I told him I couldn't lend him money for the slots.

Micon and Martha were going to a Korean BBQ place late at night (2-3am). He invited me to come. Assured me there wasn't any bad blood between anyone.

I arrived and they were both sitting. We all ordered together. It became obvious to me that both micon and Martha had been drinking. Micon was intoxicated. I made a comment something like "well micon, it seems like you're working really hard on your drinking problem." INSTANTLY Martha picked up her full glass of coke and threw it at me! I was drenched. Micon put his head down like a puppy who knew he was bad. Wouldn't make eye contact with me and didn't say a word.

I immediately put money on the table for what I had ordered and walked out.

That was the last time I EVER spoke with either of them.

I had never posted this story. Or details of others because after the split was complete, micon sent me an email (which I still have) threatening to expose intimate details of personal things he knew of me if I ever spoke of him or Martha OR communicated with any of our mutual friends, mainly the ones he felt closer to than I was.

Now of course, being as close as we were, I knew just as much damning info about both of them (actually quite more!) but thought the mature thing to do was basically not blow each other up.

The next day after the Korean BBQ incident was radio. Micon actually had the audacity to think I was going to show up for it. He actually texted me without any mention to what happened the night before.

He ended up doing radio nonetheless but called me out on radio and in the radio thread for me not being reliable, keeping my word, dependable etc without going into detail regarding what happened the night before.

After that radio show, during which micon trashed me for not being responsible to the community is when I then did my 24 hour good bye farewell show.

In regards to everything else, even now almost 7 years later I have no interest in blowing up anyone's spots.

In regards to Micon, I would be a complete liar if I didnt write that absolutely, unequivocally, he was an amazing friend to me for many years.

When I had several low points in my life, he was always there for me as a positive source, to cheer me up, motivate me etc. just like any good friend would.

Something just changed about him the last few months that led to this permanent fracture.

Comments

Tellafriend: you need your own thread to share these glorious tales so many of us enjoy reading

adamantium: n-wordhips

Sanlmar: 2¢ a minute rep

sonatine: honestly, no words.

Deal: Martha wears the pants

BlunderMaker:

The_Lurker: setting the record rep

nunbeater: damn dude

SysOp:

Brittney Griner's Clit: Nice report but please go buy in degens for chance to make the final table with father times at Orleans o8 limit shoot out and live blog

Muck Ficon: Amazing

Cupid Stunt: Yes!

gimmick:

hutmaster: If only Marty had your character.

Gordman: Wow
    Last edited by Drexel; 10-28-2017 at 04:09 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    INSTANTLY Martha picked up her full glass of coke and threw it at me! I was drenched.

What a fucking liberty. And done in the full knowledge you wouldn't retaliate.

You should've taken it off her and glassed the bitch, then forced Micon to lick up the blood... Prison sentence would've been worth the peace of mind it brought.

The only woman entitled to throw a drink in your face - is your own woman........ (as well as your mum, sis, granny.... of course)
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Dannnng! She was such a mysterious yet delicate flower when she was up in my box.

#Cokehead
    #Drenchjockey
    #Thatbabydontevenlooklikeme
    #Druffswoopedin

Load Metric

It was February 12th, 2011. I only remember that date because it was two days before Valentine's Day. Micon was in a frenzy because he was busto, panicking, and wanted to get Martha a nice gift.

He had asked me to borrow 10k. I knew at the time that he had been going around with Kessler playing must hit slot machines for both comps and money. I believed then what I believe now- that playing those machines even very disciplined are a good way to win a little money but to mostly end up ahead through comps, offers, invites etc.

Unless you are deeply rolled and working with a sophisticated team, you're not going to make enough of a cash profit to live off of.

I at the time had around $40,000 liquid. I didn't feel comfortable lending 25% of my net worth for that reason with no set repayment plan and more so, knowing what the use of that money was for.

I believed Micon would pay me back. He had never EVER in our friendship stiffed me when I had leant him money (or he had leant me) but I just wasn't confortable mainly because he had no other income at the time, and I just didn't believe he could make a living playing slots.

A few weeks before this happened, Micon and I started played Chinese poker heads up on a app. I was brand new to the game and he was relatively experienced. Of course he absolutely destroyed me to the tune of $3,000 in a short period of time. I remember asking if I could pay him back in payments over a few months. He declined basically stating he needed the money. I paid. That hurt for a while. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that incident also contributed to this.

The last time I ever saw Micon (or Martha) in a social setting was a few days after Valentine's Day in 2011. This was AFTER I told him I couldn't lend him money for the slots.

Micon and Martha were going to a Korean BBQ place late at night (2-3am). He invited me to come. Assured me there wasn't any bad blood between anyone.

I arrived and they were both sitting. We all ordered together. It became obvious to me that both micon and Martha had been drinking. Micon was intoxicated. I made a comment something like "well micon, it seems like you're working really hard on your drinking problem." INSTANTLY Martha picked up her full glass of coke and threw it at me! I was drenched. Micon put his head down like a puppy who knew he was bad. Wouldn't make eye contact with me and didn't say a word.

I had never posted this story. Or details of others because after the split was complete, micon sent me an email (which I still have) threatening to expose intimate details of personal things he knew of me if I ever spoke of him or Martha OR communicated with any of our mutual friends, mainly the ones he felt closer to than I was.

Now of course, being as close as we were, I knew just as much damning info about both of them (actually quite more!) but thought the mature thing to do was basically not blow each other up.

The next day after the Korean BBQ incident was radio. Micon actually had the audacity to think I was going to show up for it. He actually texted me without any mention to what happened the night before.

He ended up doing radio nonetheless but called me out on radio and in the radio thread for me not being reliable, keeping my word, dependable etc without going into detail regarding what happened the night before.

After that radio show, during which micon trashed me for not being responsible to the community is when I then did my 24 hour good bye farewell show.

In regards to everything else, even now almost 7 years later I have no interest in blowing up anyone's spots.

In regards to Micon, I would be a complete liar if I didnt write that absolutely, unequivocally, he was an amazing friend to me for many years.

When I had several low points in my life, he was always there for me as a positive source, to cheer me up, motivate me etc. just like any good friend would.

Something just changed about him the last few months that led to this permanent fracture.
    Wow, quite the fucked up story.

That would have been 2012 though.

Comments

adamantium: poteto potato
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Drexel, it takes a lot of nerve dropping this story into a Druff thread where he is whining about lack of attention on himself.

Are you trying to piss him off?

Comments

jacosta24: Lol

OSA: GIGGLED
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Drexel, it takes a lot of nerve dropping this story into a Druff thread where he is whining about lack of attention on himself.

Are you trying to piss him off?
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    i think people forget that micon went from cuddly pothead fuckup to notorious toxic lunatic in the space of like a few months.

also people forget that micon was a huge, huge brand. that wsop coverage of him doing the thriller dance? that shit trended and it trended among an absolutely staggeringly valuable demographic.

and micon wanted to ride that and parlay it into an actual career. and it was a very, very reasonable goal. in 2007 there were only 5 voices doing poker analysis across espn, pad, and hsp, and the industry was aggressively auditioning new faces to augment that list. micon was among those candidates.

but more importantly, a huge amount of money was being invested in poker as a media product by itself. the tony g deal was not an insignificant amount of money.

so right off the bat, and micon and i discussed this on numerous occasions, there was a real problem developing between micon and druff; micons base was college age and young adult poker enthusiasts who were into smoking pot, drinking, and very very much liberal/libertarian. druff held the literal mirror opposite views.

now, as a sidekick on the micon show, that might have been an interesting dynamic. but druff has a very strong personality and didnt sign up to be anyones sidekick, clearly. and because of that, a lot of people felt that they would rather not tune into micons shows if it meant listening to druff's rush limbaugh routine, because micon tended to just get fed up and get higher and higher as a coping mechanism. not great radio.

so the seeds of discontent were sprouting.

on top of all that, that amazing deal tony g offered was starting to curdle [ EDIT: so poorly phrased... "the amazing deal tony g and DD had signed was starting to curdle." is correct ] why? because druff was, allegedly, hammering them with emails. if memory serves he wanted a lot of elements of the contract ... discussed. i have no first hand knowledge of this btw but i was told point blank that there came a point where the upper tier managers at tony g's team finally sent out an email to all of micon's crew that they would no longer be reading or responding to druffs emails, because doing so was literally becoming a business disruption and they werent about to rewrite contracts, sink billable hours into their legal team, or open their books to keep micon's sidekick happy.

not to mention, druffs forum contributions were skewing towards him engaging in open warfare with core members of the community, who would needle him and generate a hugely asymmetrical response for lulz. it was an open secret that druff would ratchet up any confrontation with any anonymous forum posters. to a large extent, the forum went from degen poker and vegas life stories to a cage in which borderline personalities poked druff with sharp sticks.

this was not bankable content.

and truly this is where the seeds of discontent pretty much officially bloomed.

at this point the narrative on micon's side become very polarized regarding druff. he was tired of the constant warfare, he was being told point blank by people handing him money for literally nothing that druff was a problem, and his own user base was saying as if with one voice 'i love you man but i cant with this shit, its depressing'.

so why didnt micon just sit down and have an adult man to man talk with druff and either reach an accord or sever business ties? i think its a combination of him being way too fucking high all the time and being a bit passive aggressive to start with, and also being really fucking young and having no real experience with managing conflict, and lastly he was a minor celebrity and felt an incredible amount of pressure to become a less minor celebrity.

not giving him a pass there, just saying these were real things that were acting in unison to push him in non-constructive directions.

and you know what else weighing heavy on him, is that his ship wasnt sailing, it had sailed. poker was dying and he had not made his fortune on it as a celebrity and couldnt even beat the games at that point because, as the immortal zen proverb goes; the man who chases two rabbits at the same time goes to bed hungry. if he had managed his celebrity career instead of pursuing The Life, he probably could have made it happen. and if he had turned his back on fame and focused on his game skills, he could have probably stayed profitable.

at the end he found himself hamstrung by bad decisions and most likely an honest to god 200 proof gambling and substance addiction, and he started looking for ways to solve problems he couldnt even bring himself to properly catalog.

at which point druff found himself Proper Fucked, and drexel shortly thereafter, because chapter one in the addiction playbook is to sabotage everything in your life that you can possible blame for your own problems.

again much of this has been said before but when i see people saying 'why would anyone stick with micon after how he treated druff', the answer is because a lot of us were there for micon and his shenans and felt, strongly, that druff should have left to pursue his own agenda long before this situation bubbled into the machiavellian snake pit it eventually became. there was a real hope that in a post druff DonkDown.com, we could get back to the original agendas. sadly, it was just a bit too late and at that point it was just like...

Comments

Tellafriend: truly enjoy reading your writing

Lord of the Fraud: yep, what that bellend said. good read that

Deal: so much truth, all shaded by druffs ego

wrenchjockey: So sayeth Godatine, forever and ever amen.

The_Lurker: pure poetry

nunbeater: good shit, never heard this side before

SysOp: great post

Cupid Stunt: would read again

gimmick:

Sanlmar: Two rabbits but one rep. Incredible

OSA: YOU SHOULD DO RADIO

JACKDANIELS: ON POINT
    Last edited by sonatine; 10-28-2017 at 05:42 PM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Oh hey, here's a massive can of truth worms. Let's see what's inside
    This is amazing, and ultimately correct insight, but here comes druff to tell us why none of it is true.

Comments

Deal: He may have to bring out some dupes to back him

The_Lurker: had to be said

jacosta24: Ha!

Load Metric
    i think people forget that micon went from cuddly pothead fuckup to notorious toxic lunatic in the space of like a few months.

also people forget that micon was a huge, huge brand. that wsop coverage of him doing the thriller dance? that shit trended and it trended among an absolutely staggeringly valuable demographic.

and micon wanted to ride that and parlay it into an actual career. and it was a very, very reasonable goal. in 2007 there were only 5 voices doing poker analysis across espn, pad, and hsp, and the industry was aggressively auditioning new faces to augment that list. micon was among those candidates.

but more importantly, a huge amount of money was being invested in poker as a media product by itself. the tony g deal was not an insignificant amount of money.

so right off the bat, and micon and i discussed this on numerous occasions, there was a real problem developing between micon and druff; micons base was college age and young adult poker enthusiasts who were into smoking pot, drinking, and very very much liberal/libertarian. druff held the literal mirror opposite views.

now, as a sidekick on the micon show, that might have been an interesting dynamic. but druff has a very strong personality and didnt sign up to be anyones sidekick, clearly. and because of that, a lot of people felt that they would rather not tune into micons shows if it meant listening to druff's rush limbaugh routine, because micon tended to just get fed up and get higher and higher as a coping mechanism. not great radio.

so the seeds of discontent were sprouting.

on top of all that, that amazing deal tony g offered was starting to curdle. why? because druff was, allegedly, hammering them with emails. if memory serves he wanted a lot of elements of the contract ... discussed. i have no first hand knowledge of this btw but i was told point blank that there came a point where the upper tier managers at tony g's team finally sent out an email to all of micon's crew that they would no longer be reading or responding to druffs emails, because doing so was literally becoming a business disruption and they werent about to rewrite contracts, sink billable hours into their legal team, or open their books to keep micon's sidekick happy.

not to mention, druffs forum contributions were skewing towards him engaging in open warfare with core members of the community, who would needle him and generate a hugely asymmetrical response for lulz. it was an open secret that druff would ratchet up any confrontation with any anonymous forum posters. to a large extent, the forum went from degen poker and vegas life stories to a cage in which borderline personalities poked druff with sharp sticks.

this was not bankable content.

and truly this is where the seeds of discontent pretty much officially bloomed.

at this point the narrative on micon's side become very polarized regarding druff. he was tired of the constant warfare, he was being told point blank by people handing him money for literally nothing that druff was a problem, and his own user base was saying as if with one voice 'i love you man but i cant with this shit, its depressing'.

so why didnt micon just sit down and have an adult man to man talk with druff and either reach an accord or sever business ties? i think its a combination of him being way too fucking high all the time and being a bit passive aggressive to start with, and also being really fucking young and having no real experience with managing conflict, and lastly he was a minor celebrity and felt an incredible amount of pressure to become a less minor celebrity.

not giving him a pass there, just saying these were real things that were acting in unison to push him in non-constructive directions.

and you know what else weighing heavy on him him up, is that his ship wasnt sailing, it had sailed. poker was dying and he had not made his fortune on it as a celebrity and couldnt even beat the games at that point because, as the immortal zen proverb goes; the man who chases two rabbits at the same time goes to bed hungry. if he had managed his celebrity career instead of pursuing The Life, he probably could have made it happen. and if he had turned his back on fame and focused on his game skills, he could have probably stayed profitable.

at the end he found himself hamstrung by bad decisions and most likely an honest to god 200 proof gambling and substance addiction, and he started looking for ways to solve problems he couldnt even bring himself to properly catalog.

at which point druff found himself Proper Fucked, and drexel shortly thereafter, because chapter one in the addiction playbook is to sabotage everything in your life that you can possible blame for your own problems.

again much of this has been said before but when i see people saying 'why would anyone stick with micon after how he treated druff', the answer is because a lot of us were there for micon and his shenans and felt, strongly, that druff should have left to pursue his own agenda long before this situation bubbled into the machiavellian snake pit it eventually became. there was a real hope that in a post druff DonkDown.com, we could get back to the original agendas. sadly, it was just a bit too late and at that point it was just like...

Name:  the-dude.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  32.8 KB
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Oh hey, here's a massive can of truth worms. Let's see what's inside
    This is amazing, and ultimately correct insight, but here comes druff to tell us why none of it is true.

wouldnt be druff if he didnt.

Comments

Deal: He will prove your point in doing so

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric

Why the fuck would Marha throw a coke on you like that? There had to be something other than you just making an offhand comment I am guessing. Is there more of a backstory, I mean ya'll were cool right? I don't get it unless I missed something.

You are a better man than I, I'll tell you that much. I would have been in the Clark County Detention Center that night. Whether that bitch had a pussy or not.

Load Metric
    I'm genuinely interested in seeing Druff's response.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Why the fuck would Marha throw a coke on you like that? There had to be something other than you just making an offhand comment I am guessing. Is there more of a backstory, I mean ya'll were cool right? I don't get it unless I missed something.

You are a better man than I, I'll tell you that much. I would have been in the Clark County Detention Center that night. Whether that bitch had a pussy or not.

Martha was, well, let's just say an "aggressive" person when she had been drinking.

I still think even all these years later it doesn't serve much purpose, other than forum drama, to recite any dirty laundry at this point but I'll just say that Martha and I did not get along throughout the entirety of my friendship with Micon.

I never disliked her, hurt her, disrespected her etc. I guess it's fair to say that I became in her eyes a reflection of various issues she had with micon, if that makes sense.

I remember at one point we didn't see each other or speak for almost a year.

I will say my friendship with her was most certainly odd. Looking back now, it seemed we were either extremely close or not speaking. There never seemed to be a happy middle ground.

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: Fuck that bitch rep

Load Metric
    I don't know lol why I just thought of this story and I'm sure it won't be as funny now as it seemed then but sometime around 2009-2010, micon and I were at the palms late one evening.

He was playing paigow averaging $100-200 a hand. He was wearing some crazy looking bright ass shirt with matching sweats.

The lady dealing to him was a middle aged Asian dealer that didn't speak English well.

Micon liked to troll dealers when he played. He would tell them goofy stories, lie about where he was from etc.

For some reason lol he tells the dealer (I swear on my life) that his name is Nicki Minaj and that he had just performed at Rain (the palms night club at the time) earlier in the evening! Lol.

This dealer totally believes him. Obv doesn't even know who the fuck Nicki Minaj even is. She asks micon, when she gets tapped out for break, for his autograph. Says that her daughter lol is a big fan of his.

20 minutes later when the next push comes, literally all the dealers in the paigow pit walk over to our table to ask micon for his autograph before they tap back in.

He never missed a beat or led on that he wasn't a female black rapper!

Lol.

Comments

sonatine: never seen Micon and Nicki Minaj at the same time in the same place tho, now have you

gauchojake: That's hilarious

Gordman: HOF

Load Metric
    Was Micon trying to quit drinking for a while and fell off the wagon, when you made the comment? If so I can see why that set her off. It gives her no right to toss a drink in your face though, that is akin to assault. You did the right thing however by leaving. If you had smacked her or choked out Micon you'd certainly ended up in jail with an assault charge and civil suit. It sounds like they might have been trying to bait you into something.

Does anyone know what Micon is worth now? It sounds like it could be potentially in the millions through bitcoins. It's been an odd journey on these forums the last decade or so. You can't say Micon did not try to get everyone rich with Bitcoins, he basically devoted his website to it when they were like $2.

Load Metric
    I found it really interesting that when I reached out to Martha at the apex of Ass-gate, she was completely, utterly behind Micon and his actions 100%. I'm not a shrink but it felt like texbook codependence / enabling, where someone was simply not open for business with regards to considering someones actions might be destructive / dangerous. She wasnt upset with me or hostile, she just slammed "I stand behind Micon here completely" in my gook face in a way that said loud and clear that there wasnt going to be a conversation about it.

Load Metric
    I found it really interesting that when I reached out to Martha at the apex of Ass-gate, she was completely, utterly behind Micon and his actions 100%. I'm not a shrink but it felt like texbook codependence / enabling, where someone was simply not open for business with regards to considering someones actions might be destructive / dangerous. She wasnt upset with me or hostile, she just slammed "I stand behind Micon here completely" in my gook face in a way that said loud and clear that there wasnt going to be a conversation about it.
    Don't they have a kid together? That might say a lot why she was going to stand by her man against a bunch of internet people. I mean, blood is thicker than the internet, at least it should be.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian Bob View Post
    Don't they have a kid together? That might say a lot why she was going to stand by her man against a bunch of internet people. I mean, blood is thicker than the internet, at least it should be.
    I believe she was born in 2013.. huh you may be right, she might have been pregnant during ass-gate? Interesting theory, would explain much.

Thread Information