Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bryan Micon Story

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The Bryan Micon Story

Apologies if this has been posted here before.

It's 4 years old, and it involves a 3-part interview with Pokernews writer Remko Rinkema (though it's not on Pokernews).

Part 1: https://igaming.org/poker/interview/...n-micon-story/

Part 2: https://igaming.org/poker/interview/...-story-part-2/

Part 3: https://igaming.org/poker/interview/...ealswithclubs/

Though Micon gives a long history of his adult life, from college to the then-present, I am completely scrubbed from it.

Laughably, he tells a fairly detailed story about the rise of Neverwinpoker and its successor, Donkdown, again without mentioning my name.

While I guess it's good that he didn't bash me in the article, it's pretty funny reading the rewriting of history to where he and Dustin were responsible for its success.

I didn't even reach Voldemort he-shall-not-be-named status.

The story lives in an alternate universe where I was never born, yet somehow NWP and DD were otherwise the same.

Brandon was also completely lef out of the story, despite his prominent status in Micon's life for a number of years.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    You should reach out to micon, life is too short to harbor resentment. It's been years Druff, I always liked you and micon. also, micon sold me a bitcoin for 26 dollars if only......

Comments

snowtracks: fuc micon rep

Load Metric
    You post this now on the eve of the expiration of probation?

Antigua and chapter 4?

The kid had huge hustle and curiousity. Always on the leading edge of a trend. Admired that.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    "I really hated religious bullshit, so Church was a double negative for me. "

lol, 'church'

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Can't do it.

Too much happened.

Became one of those things which was irreparable. Also, this wasn't a lifelong friendship. I didn't meet Micon in person until 2005. We stopped being friends in 2011, and honestly the friendship had deteriorated awhile before then.

He also wouldn't want to make up with me. From what I hear, he still hates my guts. He feels the same way about Brandon.

Every year at the WSOP, I still run into people who used to read NWP back in the day, but didn't follow what happened in 2011 and beyond.

They'll ask about Micon, assuming we're still friends. I don't bash or criticize him. I just respond with something like, "We stopped being friends years ago. I think he's in Antigua now, and I run my own site these days called Pokerfraudalert."

Comments

snowtracks: PFA rep

Load Metric
    Just think about it, that one coin could be worth $5,000 by the time my little baby girl goes to college,” Micon said.
    This is late 2013

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: nostredamus

Deal: genius

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i came across this strange pic. looks like the girlie version of micon in the back. and obv weissman.

Name:  Pch21ah.jpg
Views: 1794
Size:  29.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Cliffs: In Micon's life story, Druff is a random extra. In Druff's life story, Druff is the lead in everybody else's life story.

Comments

BlunderMaker:

ToasterOven: basically

Kilgore Trout: Doing God’s Work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Cliffs: In Micon's life story, Druff is a random extra. In Druff's life story, Druff is the lead in everybody else's life story.
    Name:  ZomboMeme 27102017081522.jpg
Views: 2347
Size:  50.6 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I literally have the Hero Poker radio ad going through my head right now... snap it off clean.

That and some of the prank calls were DonkDown comedic HOF. Any clue what date that ad ran on DD? Thanks.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/donkdown-radio

Comments

Kuntmissioner: many dates; that advert ran numerous times

Load Metric
    i have absolute and total confidence that if micon had mentioned druff in any capacity whatsoever, druff would be on the phone with his lawyer all morning going over the cocktail napkin contract he got micon to sign, looking for something to litigate.

Comments

Jayjami: This
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i have absolute and total confidence that if micon had mentioned druff in any capacity whatsoever, druff would be on the phone with his lawyer all morning going over the cocktail napkin contract he got micon to sign, looking for something to litigate.
    Absolutely. Micon won't spit Druffs name for good reason. There is nothing he can say, and now not say, that won't cause Druffs large intestine to squeeze so tight even a handful of exlax and an hour in babies-r-us would solve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Is there a link where I can get cliffs on what transpired in 2011? I lurked pretty regularly back in the NWP/DD days but dropped out along the way. I missed the drama.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

We had no kind of non-disparagement contract. The separation contract only had to do with what was and wasn't allowed regarding my personal and family info once I left Donkdown, and the fact that I would be left with "thread hiding" privileges only to be used to remove personal info posts. On the other side, I basically agreed to give up all rights to DD content, except for my own content, which I would be allowed to reuse if desired.

This was not a "cocktail napkin contract". It was carefully prepared on both sides because neither of us trusted one another at that point. And it was damn good I had it, because Micon decided to violate it six months later. If I didn't get him to sign that, it would have been much tougher to get him to agree to what he promised.

In this particular interview, Micon could have easily mentioned me and Brandon, without having to describe us in a positive or negative light. Could have been something like, "Druff was involved for many years, but he and I went our separate ways in 2011", and then left it at that. If someone interviewed me about NWP/DD, I wouldn't try to pretend Micon never existed. That's just not being truthful. If you're going to do that, you might as well not talk about it.

I'm not sure why you're giving me such a flippant attitude about this. It was you and your close buddies at Skatz who thought it was such a laugh riot to post obscene photoshopped pictures of my 3-year-old niece on DD in order to upset me and create further friction between me and Micon. Yes, I know you didn't post this stuff personally, but you certainly had a good time encouraging it behind the scenes in the Skatz admin forum (remember, I saw it all).

You also had a sad little ruse with your creepy buddy Bob, where you posted a picture of a naked guy on a tractor, Bob claimed it was him and that it constituted "personal info", and then Bob demanded I ban you for it.

Of course, the hitch was that I would look foolish either way. If I banned you for it, then you all planned to mock me for being so stupid to fall for an obviously fake "personal info" pic, and would press the "Druff has heavy hands" narrative. And if I saw through the obvious ruse and refused to do anything, Bob claimed that I was allowing personal info of his to be posted, and thus this justified the other Skatz guys posting my family's pics.

Just really nasty, bitchy stuff from middle aged men who thought they were anonymous, and were screwing with another guy on the internet just because they thought they could get away with it.

So yeah, while I'm not excusing any of Micon's behavior, it was you guys who made it so much worse, and purposely pressed this situation to the point of no return, thanks to your juvenile games.

I forgave you for that entire situation, but maybe you'd be best off keeping your mouth shut when considering mocking me for the way I ultimately had to handle the Micon and DD saga.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Oh shit lol

Kilgore Trout: It really is a thankless job. I don’t know how you deal with the nerds, their dupes, the spin off forums, the tomatoes on the sandwich and all of the mostly unenforceable contracts governing shit that only you 2 care about.

lewfather: Roasssssted

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

We had no kind of non-disparagement contract. The separation contract only had to do with what was and wasn't allowed regarding my personal and family info once I left Donkdown, and the fact that I would be left with "thread hiding" privileges only to be used to remove personal info posts. On the other side, I basically agreed to give up all rights to DD content, except for my own content, which I would be allowed to reuse if desired.

This was not a "cocktail napkin contract". It was carefully prepared on both sides because neither of us trusted one another at that point. And it was damn good I had it, because Micon decided to violate it six months later. If I didn't get him to sign that, it would have been much tougher to get him to agree to what he promised.

In this particular interview, Micon could have easily mentioned me and Brandon, without having to describe us in a positive or negative light. Could have been something like, "Druff was involved for many years, but he and I went our separate ways in 2011", and then left it at that. If someone interviewed me about NWP/DD, I wouldn't try to pretend Micon never existed. That's just not being truthful. If you're going to do that, you might as well not talk about it.

I'm not sure why you're giving me such a flippant attitude about this. It was you and your close buddies at Skatz who thought it was such a laugh riot to post obscene photoshopped pictures of my 3-year-old niece on DD in order to upset me and create further friction between me and Micon. Yes, I know you didn't post this stuff personally, but you certainly had a good time encouraging it behind the scenes in the Skatz admin forum (remember, I saw it all).

You also had a sad little ruse with your creepy buddy Bob, where you posted a picture of a naked guy on a tractor, Bob claimed it was him and that it constituted "personal info", and then Bob demanded I ban you for it.

Of course, the hitch was that I would look foolish either way. If I banned you for it, then you all planned to mock me for being so stupid to fall for an obviously fake "personal info" pic, and would press the "Druff has heavy hands" narrative. And if I saw through the obvious ruse and refused to do anything, Bob claimed that I was allowing personal info of his to be posted, and thus this justified the other Skatz guys posting my family's pics.

Just really nasty, bitchy stuff from middle aged men who thought they were anonymous, and were screwing with another guy on the internet just because they thought they could get away with it.

So yeah, while I'm not excusing any of Micon's behavior, it was you guys who made it so much worse, and purposely pressed this situation to the point of no return, thanks to your juvenile games.

I forgave you for that entire situation, but maybe you'd be best off keeping your mouth shut when considering mocking me for the way I ultimately had to handle the Micon and DD saga.

Name:  int.JPG
Views: 1733
Size:  31.0 KB

Comments

Muck Ficon: Pizza boy lol

Mintjewlips: Classic meme rep, i forgot about that one

Gold
    Load Metric
    Druff you're honestly coming off like a jilted lover here. What are you worried about? Your kids and future generations of tomatoes-on-the-side types won't know your true legacy of posts and prank phone calls at a second tier poker forum? Please don't bother with a long winded rebuttal. I know you're always right. Just want you to know how it looks to some of us who were there.

Yes, you were instrumental in your role there. So were DOZENS of other posters, personalities, mods, owners. Micon hates you by your own admission. Why would he give you an ounce of credit?

The second you made this thread he got what he was after by not mentioning you. Just saying.

Comments

The_Lurker: by not mentioning you four years ago

gimmick:

jacosta24: Lol

ToasterOven: this

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  why-so-salty-lead.jpg
Views: 1755
Size:  18.3 KB

Comments

wrenchjockey: SO NaCl-ty

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Druff you're honestly coming off like a jilted lover here. What are you worried about? Your kids and future generations of tomatoes-on-the-side types won't know your true legacy of posts and prank phone calls at a second tier poker forum? Please don't bother with a long winded rebuttal. I know you're always right. Just want you to know how it looks to some of us who were there.

Yes, you were instrumental in your role there. So were DOZENS of other posters, personalities, mods, owners. Micon hates you by your own admission. Why would he give you an ounce of credit?

The second you made this thread he got what he was after by not mentioning you. Just saying.
    I don't care if Micon gets any satisfaction.

I'm stating a fact that it's LOL that he would spend a large portion of a 3-part interview talking about the extensive history of NWP and DD, and pretend that both Brandon and myself never existed.

I understand if he doesn't want to mention me, but if that's the case, then he shouldn't be doing long interviews regarding the history of those two sites. By the time this interview took place (late 2013), both were long gone, so there wasn't much point to go into such detail anyway. He could have just quickly touched on the two forums, and then gone into bitcoin, Seals, drones, and his WSOP thriller dance.

I'm not insulted by it. I stopped being insulted by Micon's behavior many years ago. I found it amusing that he did an interview years after NWP/DD was over, retold the detailed history of then, but was so bitter toward me that he changed the entire story as if I never existed.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post

I don't care if Micon gets any satisfaction.

I'm stating a fact that it's LOL that he would spend a large portion of a 3-part interview talking about the extensive history of NWP and DD, and pretend that both Brandon and myself never existed.

I understand if he doesn't want to mention me, but if that's the case, then he shouldn't be doing long interviews regarding the history of those two sites. By the time this interview took place (late 2013), both were long gone, so there wasn't much point to go into such detail anyway. He could have just quickly touched on the two forums, and then gone into bitcoin, Seals, drones, and his WSOP thriller dance.

I'm not insulted by it. I stopped being insulted by Micon's behavior many years ago. I found it amusing that he did an interview years after NWP/DD was over, retold the detailed history of then, but was so bitter toward me that he changed the entire story as if I never existed.

You sound pretty insulted. Own it

Comments

wrenchjockey: Yep

Sloppy Joe: Definitely insulted

Gold
    Load Metric
    This clearly doesn't bother druff. He also has let bygones be bygones with all the skatz guys.

His immune system is also very strong. Maybe one of the strongest in the world.

Comments

wrenchjockey: He also runs this site out of his pocket, and at a loss if I remember it correctly

Kuntmissioner: checklist complete

JACKDANIELS: IMMUNE SYSTEM SO STRONG

Thread Information