Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling Shares for a Weight Loss Prop Bet

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Exactly. I won't buy a share because I am pulling for you to succeed.
    Glad people are rooting for me but at the same time surprised at how little gamble people have
    Your odds are just super bad. I'm 5'10" and maybe 240 if I went and ate a huge dinner and drank a gallon of tea. I'd bet you $3333 of mine against $10k of yours that I could lose 85 lbs in the next year. Just step on a scale one time and win the bet
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Glad people are rooting for me but at the same time surprised at how little gamble people have
    Your odds are just super bad. I'm 5'10" and maybe 240 if I went and ate a huge dinner and drank a gallon of tea. I'd bet you $3333 of mine against $10k of yours that I could lose 85 lbs in the next year. Just step on a scale one time and win the bet
    Well obviously I am going to open the odds with a better price for me and see what kind of action I can get. I just moved the line to Even Money

Load Metric
    one of the problems with this idea is that it's not super difficult, from a physical perspective, to lose the weight in a year at your size.

more than anything, we'd be betting on whether you have the mental fortitude and determination to do it, which is super hard or impossible for anyone here to judge

Load Metric

Well obviously I am going to open the odds with a better price for me and see what kind of action I can get. I just moved the line to Even Money
    Are you still only booking $5000? And are you escrowing?

How does Empiremaker2 feel about this recent development since he locked in at -300?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    one of the problems with this idea is that it's not super difficult, from a physical perspective, to lose the weight in a year at your size.

more than anything, we'd be betting on whether you have the mental fortitude and determination to do it, which is super hard or impossible for anyone here to judge
    Obviously losing 85 pounds is super possible but I have never done it. The bottom line is that is the bet, do I have the fortitude and determination to discipline myself for 52 weeks

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It should be you have to weigh in down at least 85 pounds when the year date hits and not at any point.

This is better for the backers (and for your health) because if you get through it four months ahead of time you have to keep the weight off, which should be the objective when you diet. It would suck if you turn to stuffing your face with carbs right afterwards where you put on 30lbs right away. You can say you won't ever want to do that but that is a common dieters fallacy that happens to more people then keeping the entire amount off.

Considering your height/weight this leans in your favor as long as you take it 90% seriously having those extra pounds to drop which is about 22.4% of your current body weight. Jaime Staples is well on pace for his bet with Perkins but it's much more difficult for him to win because he has to be within a pound of his brother who was a twig before starting this prop bet.

Many valid points have been made here that you should do this for your own health and not need money motivation but best of luck.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Are you still only booking $5000? And are you escrowing?

How does Empiremaker2 feel about this recent development since he locked in at -300?
    I am not sure how much I am going to book yet. At least $5,000. I can be the escrow if people do not have a problem with that. Otherwise I will figure it out.

Empiremaker2 gave me a freeroll without even discussing odds. His only stipulations were a before pics and after pics and a scale weigh in.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    It should be you have to weigh in down at least 85 pounds when the year date hits and not at any point.
    No it shouldn't. It is my bet not yours, when you do a weight loss bet then you can set the terms however you want

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And jesus christ, enough with the it's good for your health to lose the fucking weight. Any kid 10 years old with an average IQ knows this.

Put up $$$ or STFU/thread

Comments

Muck Ficon: Any kid with an averagie IQ would know you are just attention whoring. Stop eating. It's that easy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No it shouldn't. It is my bet not yours, when you do a weight loss bet then you can set the terms however you want
    Fair enough, though a little defensive on your part.

The price is lol especially given that rule but good news for you is you should find enough action since their are tons of horrible prop bettors in poker.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The price is lol especially given that rule but good news for you is you should find enough action since their are tons of horrible prop bettors in poker.
    Not defensive at all. It's my bet, my terms , your not even betting and your trying to tell me how the bet should be structured

The price is Even money now btw

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Not defensive at all. It's my bet, my terms , your not even betting and your trying to tell me how the bet should be structured

The price is Even money now btw
    I only read the first page and a half of the thread. At even money it's more fair and you'll get your action. I am not betting against you correct and think you can do it but just saying at the former line 3:1 backers should want you to weigh in a year from now still down 85+.

True though, your terms they can or leave them. GL

Load Metric
    This is a great bet. If I were not a fan of Chinamaniac, I'd buy the whole bet and root against him and send pizza coupons in the mail. Given his earned respect, going to reluctantly stay away. Tempting to buy the whole thing in a snap minute, but it's like betting against the home team.

Wish China the best either way.

Comments

chinamaniac: ty

Banned
    Load Metric
    When’s your gastric bypass surgery scheduled?

jk gl

Load Metric
    TID!!!!!!

GL

Load Metric
    Should Demand Escrow with Druff! Considering the PFA's past reputation with scammers!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Good point and I have been thinking about this a good amount today before I read your post.

The market dictates action and I have gotten less than expected so I will move it to EVEN MONEY

1k wins 1k 100 wins 100 etc.....
    I'll take $250. lmk if you want to escrow with Druff or whatever.

Load Metric
    I'm interested in the bet at even money ($100 escrow with druff?). The only concern I have is the ease with manipulating water retention for the initial weigh in. I used to bloat up 15lbs if I drank a ton and ate like shit over the course of a single weekend. I'd piss all that water weight out in 2 days after I got my shit together. Is there any suggestions how we could get an accurate weight to start?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Hold up....I thought it was +300 odds. -300?? I thought China was putting up 5k to win 15k??

I am really confused.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Hold up....I thought it was +300 odds. -300?? I thought China was putting up 5k to win 15k??

I am really confused.
    If you had China's side, it's +300. If you had the other side, it's -300.

It's even money now.

Thread Information