Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling Shares for a Weight Loss Prop Bet

Load Metric
    China is correct, losing weight it a calorie game for sure. There was a guy a few years ago, a Kansas professor who went on a diet on grains, nuts and pure protein and actually gained weight over a month. So what did he do? He went on the 7-11 diet where he ate every meal from a 7-11 and added up the calories on the packages he ate, like chips, Twinkies, sausage sandwiches, etc... He did it for a couple months and lost 27 lbs:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html

If I am China, I am eating one meal a day, anything he wants, as long as its under 1,500 calories, better under 1,200 calories. But only eat once a day to avoid snacking. I guess I would be eating at 4pm every day. This gives you something to look forward to, but avoid going to bed starving. Most people that go on these exotic diets usually gain weight. I mean do people realize a couple handfuls of peanuts is like a big mac? From a weight loss perspective there is no differential between "good calories" versus "bad".

Outback posts their calories to their menu. I'd be there every other day getting an 900 calorie meal with 2 very tall beers. 1,500 calories and just go home and start again tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian Bob View Post
    China is correct, losing weight it a calorie game for sure. There was a guy a few years ago, a Kansas professor who went on a diet on grains, nuts and pure protein and actually gained weight over a month. So what did he do? He went on the 7-11 diet where he ate every meal from a 7-11 and added up the calories on the packages he ate, like chips, Twinkies, sausage sandwiches, etc... He did it for a couple months and lost 27 lbs:

If I am China, I am eating one meal a day, anything he wants, as long as its under 1,500 calories, better under 1,200 calories. But only eat once a day to avoid snacking. I guess I would be eating at 4pm every day. This gives you something to look forward to, but avoid going to bed starving. Most people that go on these exotic diets usually gain weight. I mean do people realize a couple handfuls of peanuts is like a big mac? From a weight loss perspective there is no differential between "good calories" versus "bad".

Outback posts their calories to their menu. I'd be there every other day getting an 900 calorie meal with 2 very tall beers. 1,500 calories and just go home and start again tomorrow.
    THis is probably by far the best post and most logical advice given in the thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    But it is water, nearly all of it.

Which is fine the next poundage will be fat but you are one cheat day and a bag of chips away from gaining it all back because again, water weight not fat loss.

Pretend it is NOT a holiday in a couple days because you will cry when its over.

Keep us posted on Wednesday weight and Sunday weight
    How can you possibly know it's all water weight lost? In a couple of weeks it's very likely he has also lost some fat weight.

Cheat meals are also an effective tool in weight loss, when I had my huge weight loss 5 years ago I had at least one cheat meal per week and it kept my metabolism fired up. Body builders and MMA fighters use these cheats as a tool to lean out. Re-feeds are also a super effective tool in keeping your insulin levels steady and keeping a healthy metabolic rate. Personally I think the one meal per day is a terrible idea, it will be hard to sustain and not great for the metabolism. There are way better strategies that are more viable for weight loss.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask...eat-meals.html

Load Metric
    I got into an argument back when I was fat with epistate and silence about the 'good' vs 'bad' calorie idea. I basically was arguing what Bob said; that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.

This is absolutely false.

(but fat fucking fucks love it because it makes them feel like they can eat whatever they want)

((you can't, you fat fucking fucks))

Load Metric
    At Outback you can get a 6 ounce sirloin (250 calories), mashed potatoes (300 calories) and veggies (150 calories) and a salad with ranch (300 calories, no croutons though) and a two 16 ounce drafts (500 calories) and you are out of there for 1,500 calories. Don't order the bread. You do that at 4pm, you will not go to bed hungry and it gives you something to look forward to each day. Weight will fly off, its simple calories math, it has to come off. This whole "I eat six small meals a day" give me a fucking break. The meals are terrible and generally eventually exceed 2500 calories a day. I know a guy on a diet and he eats a cup of yogurt and whole wheat toast with peanut butter (400 calories) for breakfast. I eat an Egg McMuffin and showed him I come out 100 calories lower. He was not having any of it, kept saying I was eating "bad calories", whatever.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    But it is water, nearly all of it.

Which is fine the next poundage will be fat but you are one cheat day and a bag of chips away from gaining it all back because again, water weight not fat loss.

Pretend it is NOT a holiday in a couple days because you will cry when its over.

Keep us posted on Wednesday weight and Sunday weight
    How can you possibly know it's all water weight lost? In a couple of weeks it's very likely he has also lost some fat weight.

Cheat meals are also an effective tool in weight loss, when I had my huge weight loss 5 years ago I had at least one cheat meal per week and it kept my metabolism fired up. Body builders and MMA fighters use these cheats as a tool to lean out. Re-feeds are also a super effective tool in keeping your insulin levels steady and keeping a healthy metabolic rate. Personally I think the one meal per day is a terrible idea, it will be hard to sustain and not great for the metabolism. There are way better strategies that are more viable for weight loss.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask...eat-meals.html
    He doesn't know, he is just obsessed with posting about water weight

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At Outback you can get a 6 ounce sirloin (250 calories), mashed potatoes (300 calories) and veggies (150 calories) and a salad with ranch (300 calories, no croutons though) and a two 16 ounce drafts (500 calories) and you are out of there for 1,500 calories. Don't order the bread. You do that at 4pm, you will not go to bed hungry and it gives you something to look forward to each day. Weight will fly off, its simple calories math, it has to come off. This whole "I eat six small meals a day" give me a fucking break. The meals are terrible and generally eventually exceed 2500 calories a day. I know a guy on a diet and he eats a cup of yogurt and whole wheat toast with peanut butter (400 calories) for breakfast. I eat an Egg McMuffin and showed him I come out 100 calories lower. He was not having any of it, kept saying I was eating "bad calories", whatever.
    I'm going to outback for Dinner tonight now and I am going to probably just do this meal and then drink a bunch of water for the rest of the night

Load Metric

Calories are for sure a factor but your body treats food differently depending on its makeup. Your body is going to handle a handful of almonds differently than it is going to handle a soda even if they are the same calorie count. Almonds will be slowly absorbed while the sugar from the soda hits your liver like a train potentially causing a crash and making you more hungry. So yeah, you can eat shitty food and lose weight but will most likely feel like shit in the process.

I have been 180-190 lbs for last 10 years. When in the 190 range I do a combo of slow carb diet and lots of fats. The fats make it so you can stay on the diet as it makes the food taste good. It takes me about a few weeks to drop 10 pounds doing it this way and I enjoy the food i eat. I pretty much avoid sugar and most grains in general. My vice is beer which is essentially liquid bread.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    I'm going to outback for Dinner tonight now and I am going to probably just do this meal and then drink a bunch of water for the rest of the night
    Good move. You will never get anywhere arguing with South Beach dieters by the way, they bought the book and DVD and are just not going to have it. South Beach is basically a starvation diet on bad food, which is why 90% fail on it time and again. All diets you have to starve yourself, that is the way it goes. You might as well starve yourself on the food you like and just count calories. I have always found eating a large meal at 4 to 5pm is sustainable on a diet. This whole 3 square meals a day was invented like 500 years ago to promote family interaction. It has nothing to do with healthy living, what animal other than a human has three square meals a day? Plus you want long stretches feeling hungry, its called a diet.

Load Metric
    A calorie is a calorie is bad advice and dangerous to your bet success China. People who don't overeat or struggle with food addiction can eat unhealthy food in moderation, guys like us cannot. Micronutrients and your overall health are very important to long term weight loss success. It's very difficult to eat delicious food in moderation. I'd really recommend against this method.

Comments

Kilgore Trout:

Load Metric
    You can't reason with fat fucks. They will always find an excuse to have their "diet" cokes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    I got into an argument back when I was fat with epistate and silence about the 'good' vs 'bad' calorie idea. I basically was arguing what Bob said; that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.

(but fat fucking fucks love it because it makes them feel like they can eat whatever they want)

Should not have 2nd guessed yourself. A calorie is a calorie. All cars are the same too whether a porsche or a honda/thread

Load Metric

Should not have 2nd guessed yourself. A calorie is a calorie. All cars are the same too whether a porsche or a honda/thread
    And this is why you will never have long term success in regard to your weight/health.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And this is why you will never have long term success in regard to your weight/health.
    Sorry your wrong. You have 0 clue what your talking about. Your way isnt the only way. Everyone watches a few Rogan podcasts and think they are experts.

It reminds me of the poker boom when someone posts a hand and 13 players all want to play the hand a certain way. Right now it is super clear Scandanavian Bob is the leader on advice and knowledge in the thread

Will still take on any amount you or any of the other doctors or weight loss experts In the thread want to bet
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 11-22-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Load Metric

Sorry your wrong. You have 0 clue what your talking about. Your way isnt the only way. Everyone watches a few Rogan podcasts and think they are experts.

It reminds me of the poker boom when someone posts a hand and 13 players all want to play the hand a certain way

Will still take on any amount you or any of the other doctors or weight loss experts In the thread want to bet
    We can compare actual results if you'd like. I've maintained my weight and sub 10% body fat for three years.

I used to be fat. I used to think like you. Used to.

You'll win this bet. You'll also get fat again.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric

You are smarter than this. I know you are.

This is literally like arguing that the earth is flat.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post

You are smarter than this. I know you are.

This is literally like arguing that the earth is flat.
    They see China trollin', they hatin'. They trying to catch him trollin' dirty.

Comments

Kilgore Trout: Hi. High?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    A calorie is a calorie is bad advice and dangerous to your bet success China. People who don't overeat or struggle with food addiction can eat unhealthy food in moderation, guys like us cannot. Micronutrients and your overall health are very important to long term weight loss success. It's very difficult to eat delicious food in moderation. I'd really recommend against this method.
    Totally agree. It leaves to much room to fuck up. Kind of like how the smoker says "only one cigarette" the person addicted to simple carbs will say "only one piece of bread " or "only one piece of chocolate." They then eat it and their brains is telling them they need eat more of that. I think you have to take the same approach to this as you would with smoking. I would just cold turkey the sugar and grains. It is a very simple rule and pounds will fly off.
    :freelewfather

Diamond
    Load Metric
    What Bob is advocating is close to intermittent fasting and I have seen people do it with success although I disagree with the whole Outback idea.

Workout around 2pm, shower and then have that meal at 4pm. If you go to sleep at 11pm with no snacking, this will work.

I recently started HIIT cardio on treadmill to lose fat and cut weight, its amazing how fast you can run once you do it 6x a week

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    What Bob is advocating is close to intermittent fasting and I have seen people do it with success although I disagree with the whole Outback idea.

Workout around 2pm, shower and then have that meal at 4pm. If you go to sleep at 11pm with no snacking, this will work.

I recently started HIIT cardio on treadmill to lose fat and cut weight, its amazing how fast you can run once you do it 6x a week
    I am certainly not advocating Outback every day, like twice a week is fine though. Another good option is Applebees which also has specified portions and calories listed. There was a lady a couple years ago that lost 50 lbs going to Applebees and keeping it at 1,000 calories a pop and staying away from the appetizer menu.

The key is counting calories and not guessing and definitely not snacking. One big meal a day you can look forward to. From experience its just easier to simply go out rather than try and prepare it yourself. Even if a restuarant does not have calories posted, you can easily go on line beforehand to get the info you need, such as Cracker Barrel.

The only place that is a definite stay away is Hooters or Wild Wings. Each wing is like 125 calories per wing and its not worth it. You are better off going to Olive Garden and getting one piece of Lasagna with a salad (no croutons).

Thread Information