Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Selling Shares for a Weight Loss Prop Bet

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Well daily I weigh myself on my home scale when I wake up. That is the scale @ the Wellness center. There is also a scale in the locker room and both were on par with each other.

As far as water weight goes, and what I shed I will give you a look into what I did to go from 293 last Monday to 280 on my weigh in.

Last week my calorie consumption was about 1350 calories. Seems low but truth be told I was never hungry. I also walked about 10 miles every day and I did weight workouts Monday Wednesday and Friday.

2 eggs for breakfast, 2 pieces of toast for breakfast 2 oz of ham and a 15 oz coffee with half and half. 10 oz of chicken for lunch and 10 oz for dinner with about a 4 oz red potato for lunch. That was my basic standard diet every day and = about 1300 calories.

Around last Wednesday I upped my water intake to 2 gallons per day but I kept eating the same stuff. I drank 2 gallons on Wed-Thrs-Fri-Sat

Sunday I cut back to a half of a gallon and that was no problem.

Monday I ate breakfast, I had 3 eggs and 3 pieces of toast and a small coffee and some water. After this meal @ 9 AM Monday I completely stopped eating and did not drink any water until after my 10:30 weigh in 26 hours later.

I walked about 10 miles monday afternoon. I was running behind on weight and the only option left was the sauna. I tested it out Monday night and lost about 2 pounds in 1 hour.

I got to the gym @ 7 AM on Tuesday. Still with no water and no food for almost 24 hours. I steamed off like 4 pounds in the sauna over 3 hours to make weight. It was difficult at first until I got my system down. Basically 15 mins in and then go out, dry off sweat and relax for 15 mins and then just keep doing it over and over and over until I made weight. I prob made weight @ 9 AM but I steamed off another pound just to be sure.
    The weight loss in the last span now makes sense given how you were fully hydrating in the week running up to that period. It was like having a bank of water weight you could quickly shed at the end.

Which prompts me to ask: Can you keep your weight at or below 280 for every day over the next week? Or did you rehydrate after weigh-in and expect your weigh to have rebounded some?

Cannot keep my weight @ 280

I re-hydrated after weigh in

Prob know in couple days where my weight regulates

Load Metric
    Is that the same scale you were weighing yourself each day? And earlier that day? Losing 5 actual pounds means that you shed over 1/2 gallon of water in weight in that time. For reference, the average human body has only 1.25 gallons of blood.
    Please tell me your not so damn senile Mumbly to think loss of water is equivalent to losing blood.. Please tell me your not that fucking stupid....

As somebody whos had to legitimately make weight in HS and College theres a huge difference.. you are correct in that 5 lbs is roughly 5/8 of a gallon as pure water is 8lbs per gallon, however sweat weighs more then water with dissolved salts and electrolytes.. The normal human body is between 65-70% WATER.. Thus say your talking somebody is 300lbs that makes them 210lbs of water or just over 25 GALLONS of water within their bodies (most of that shit is in your little cells and such). I cant believe you could make such a dumb ass comment Mumbles..

Comments

Username: lol “mumbly”

MumblesBadly: I said it was for reference, not that he lost blood.

Banned
    Load Metric
    fuck the haters, homie.
    nice work.

Stay hangry. Keep going.
    Much love,
    KT

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've paid China $600 tonight. Congrats to him. I am satisfied that he was legitimately 280 pounds, as weighed in his video.

Speaking of water weight, it is true that a lot of weight "lost" for weigh-ins is temporary water weight loss, and that comes right back.

I've had to talk a lot about water weight recently, due to my rapid weight loss in late August and early September. To clarify how dramatic my anxiety-related weight loss was during that time (17 pounds in 2 weeks), I explained that none of it was water weight, and indeed that was actual fat my body burned off. Same for the additional 15 pounds I lost after that. It's not unusual to lose 17 pounds of water weight in a short time (or even more than that) if you really try, but to lose 17 pounds of fat in 2 weeks is pretty dramatic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I've paid China $600 tonight. Congrats to him. I am satisfied that he was legitimately 280 pounds, as weighed in his video.

Speaking of water weight, it is true that a lot of weight "lost" for weigh-ins is temporary water weight loss, and that comes right back.

I've had to talk a lot about water weight recently, due to my rapid weight loss in late August and early September. To clarify how dramatic my anxiety-related weight loss was during that time (17 pounds in 2 weeks), I explained that none of it was water weight, and indeed that was actual fat my body burned off. Same for the additional 15 pounds I lost after that. It's not unusual to lose 17 pounds of water weight in a short time (or even more than that) if you really try, but to lose 17 pounds of fat in 2 weeks is pretty dramatic.
    Tell us more about yourself in an unassociated thread. It’s not like there’s other threads out there........

Comments

Muck Ficon: Lol
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Congrats China. Hated to see you even do that cut 5lbs shit when you’ve been heading down so consistently, but I get you wanted to just close out the bets and be done with that aspect. Don’t let that bounce back derail you. Just get back into routine and keep going. The bet is won, but you’re still 6’ 280. That’s a lot better than 380, but it still isn’t good enough. If I were you I’d book some more bets for 215 and keep going.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Congrats China. Hated to see you even do that cut 5lbs shit when you’ve been heading down so consistently, but I get you wanted to just close out the bets and be done with that aspect. Don’t let that bounce back derail you. Just get back into routine and keep going. The bet is won, but you’re still 6’ 280. That’s a lot better than 380, but it still isn’t good enough. If I were you I’d book some more bets for 215 and keep going.

Ya I mean I certainly would have preferred not to cut but that's about how it was planned out since I started with this trainer in July. I mean he pushed the shit out of me and I certainly bought in 1 zillion % but it was a lot of weight to squeeze out in such a short period of time. I give him a lot of credit for getting me to where he planned pretty much on the money.

But the water cut I will say had some off the toughest moments I have ever faced mentally in my life. When you go 24 hours with no water and food, + walk 10 miles and spend 3 hours baking in a sauna, you are facing a lot of mental distress. I remember at the time I was thinking this is one of the hardest things I have ever done but when I made weight in the gym locker room before I went up for the weigh in it was pretty damn satisfying knowing that I just hit a buzzer beater with 1 hour to go.

Ya the water weight bounce back will not affect me. It's just science. Also agree I have to push harder. I am debating on doing another one of these but more than likely I will.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Ya I mean I certainly would have preferred not to cut but that's about how it was planned out since I started with this trainer in July. I mean he pushed the shit out of me and I certainly bought in 1 zillion % but it was a lot of weight to squeeze out in such a short period of time. I give him a lot of credit for getting me to where he planned pretty much on the money.

But the water cut I will say had some off the toughest moments I have ever faced mentally in my life. When you go 24 hours with no water and food, + walk 10 miles and spend 3 hours baking in a sauna, you are facing a lot of mental distress. I remember at the time I was thinking this is one of the hardest things I have ever done but when I made weight in the gym locker room before I went up for the weigh in it was pretty damn satisfying knowing that I just hit a buzzer beater with 1 hour to go.

Ya the water weight bounce back will not affect me. It's just science. Also agree I have to push harder. I am debating on doing another one of these but more than likely I will.
    Honestly that regimen sounds awful, even if it's 24 hours. The no food part is tolerable, but the no water is difficult in itself without the other stuff.

I suggest you take a break before attempting another long weight loss goal, or you might suffer from burnout (psychological, not physical).

Obviously don't let yourself gain the weight back, but ease off a little, try to just maintain your weight for awhile, and then when you're ready, give it another shot.

BCR is correct that 280 (or more like 290-something when you get the water weight back) is still not a good weight when you're 6' and over 40.

Dropping from 380 is huge, though, and should greatly decrease your chance of an early death. Honestly, at a weight like 380, you could have just dropped dead at any time.

I knew a guy who was like 6'2" and 450. He knew he had to lose weight, but just couldn't get himself to do it. One day, at age 50, it was seemingly a normal day for him. He went to a dental appointment, which went fine. He got back in his truck to drive home, and abruptly died of a heart attack. The dental thing probably played a role in triggering it, as it can bring on problems from existing heart issues. Anyway, bottom line is that he had no idea earlier that day that it would be his last, but indeed it was.

Glad to see that you're down to a more reasonable weight, and I hope to see reports in the future that you're down in the low 200s.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Honestly that regimen sounds awful, even if it's 24 hours. The no food part is tolerable, but the no water is difficult in itself without the other stuff.
    Well of course it was not the funnest 24 hours of my life. But if I offered you 10k to do it would you attempt it?

For me it was that I came so far and was so close to the goal I had to try and complete it.

Not going to lie, when the scale hit 279 and I was going to be weighed in 45 minutes that feeling will be tough to replicate again. Not happiness because this is prob my low weight in 23 years, or happiness because I am winning money. Just felt a euphoric feeling of satisfaction for completing something I had been putting in as much as 4 hours per day for weeks and multiple hours every day for months.

I think roughly this is how the end of the water cut went.

1. Sunday - half gallon water- 1400 calories eaten

2. Monday - I ate 3 eggs and 3 pieces of toast for breakfast around 9 AM and this was my last meal

3. I drank 6 oz of coffee and sipped about 4 oz of water until about 7 PM. Around 3 PM I walked somewhere in the 7 mile range at a slow pace.

4. Around 7 PM I talked to Adam Schwartz to get some sauna tips. He had to cut 10 pounds of water weight in a day on like every Monday for a month straight so I knew he was the guy to get advice from

5. He told me to dump out the last of my water and my trainer agreed.

6. Adam thought it would take a substantial amount of time for me to cut the 5 pounds I needed to in the sauna. So I went to the gym to test it out Monday in a slight panic. I baked off 2 pounds in an hour and the gym closed.

7. I lost 2 pounds just by sleeping for 6-7 hours overnight

8. I still had to lose 3 pounds and actually 4 to be safe in the morning. I woke up and went to the gym @ 6am. Still no food and no water. Then I just steamed off the final weight and while I was thristy it is something your body and mind just adjusts too. Had I panicked I may have cracked but I kept my composure and did not talk myself into the " I need water" thing

9. I weighed in and then I drank a couple of gatorades over 2 hours.

So bottom line is while getting through that was gratifying in many ways because I pushed myself to somewhere I was not sure I could go or would ever go, It is not something I want to do again. So bottom line after going thru the whole process with the trainer , understanding my macros and understanding exactly how the system played itself out the last 4 months, I would start earlier with the trainer and be much more consistent earlier in the process rather than cramming for later

Comments

big dick: id prefer death over doing this.

Load Metric
    My weight this morning.

Name:  2663AE61-65AA-482E-97A9-264E602A5594.jpeg
Views: 353
Size:  54.0 KB

Still pretty much on the same diet, but probably closer to 2000 calories/day as I’ve earing more mixed nuts each day. Also not exercising (walking, stationary bike) nearly as much as I should.

China, I’m hoping you can continue to weigh less than me in your post-bet phase.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    My weight this morning.

Name:  2663AE61-65AA-482E-97A9-264E602A5594.jpeg
Views: 353
Size:  54.0 KB

Still pretty much on the same diet, but probably closer to 2000 calories/day as I’ve earing more mixed nuts each day. Also not exercising (walking, stationary bike) nearly as much as I should.

China, I’m hoping you can continue to weigh less than me in your post-bet phase.

How tall are you? Well done so far.

Comments

MumblesBadly: 6’1”.

Load Metric
    Credit where it's due China you done well if you do decide book another bet down to 200ish I'll take some action

Load Metric
    credit where credit is due JACK U ARE THE WORST

Load Metric
    MORE LIKE CREDIT WHERE ITS JEW AM I RIGHT FPS RUSSIA

Load Metric
    true story i am the worst tho

Load Metric
    The scale I used before needs a new battery, but this one, which apparently reads about 5 lbs too light, showed this today.

Name:  B50555A2-D3B2-47D7-AD7A-A36AFC20B0C3.jpeg
Views: 269
Size:  78.4 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    The scale I used before needs a new battery, but this one, which apparently reads about 5 lbs too light, showed this today.

Battery replaced in digital scale, and confirms what the other scale suggested given it’s known bias.

Name:  C80B44ED-2012-468C-A2BB-841B9C10D536.jpeg
Views: 220
Size:  75.1 KB

Load Metric
    ******THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED*******

Load Metric

Battery replaced in digital scale, and confirms what the other scale suggested given it’s known bias.

Name:  C80B44ED-2012-468C-A2BB-841B9C10D536.jpeg
Views: 220
Size:  75.1 KB
    Mumbles Plz take this shit to Druffs Secret Sorta shit for old men with fcked up feet who cant swallow.

TIA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    ******THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED*******
    It ain’t closed until China says so. In the meantime...

The case against carbohydrates gets stronger
    http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...114-story.html

The carbohydrate-insulin model argues that overeating isn’t the underlying cause of long-term weight gain. Instead, it’s the biological process of gaining weight that causes us to overeat.

Here’s how this hypothesis goes: Consuming processed carbohydrates (especially refined grains, potato products and sugars), causes our bodies to produce more insulin. Too much insulin, one of the most powerful hormones, forces our fat cells into calorie-storage overdrive. These rapidly growing fat cells then hoard too many calories, leaving too few for the rest of the body. So we get hungry, and if we persist in eating less, our metabolism slows down.

Scientists have known for decades that diet composition, apart from calories, can affect hormones, metabolism and even the very workings of our genes. And a lot of research supports the carbohydrate-insulin model. But it hasn’t been rigorously tested before because high-quality clinical nutrition trials that control exactly what everyone eats for months are expensive — so they rarely get done.

Participants in the low (20%) carbohydrate group burned on average about 250 calories a day more than those in the high (60%) carbohydrate group, just as predicted by the carbohydrate-insulin model. Without intervention (that is, if we hadn’t adjusted the amount of food to prevent weight change), that difference would produce substantial weight loss — about 20 pounds after a few years. If a low-carbohydrate diet also curbs hunger and food intake (as other studies suggest it can), the effect could be even greater.

Thread Information