Thread: Populist Hero Mike Pence Casts Tie-Breaking Vote to Protect Banks from Lawsuits

Load Metric

Populist Hero Mike Pence Casts Tie-Breaking Vote to Protect Banks from Lawsuits

Name:  mike-pence-screw-over-consumers.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  107.4 KB

Banned
    Load Metric
    My understanding was that this only applies to people who signed an arbitration-only agreement with banks and credit bureaus. I have no association with Equifax, so I should still be able to sue them in a class action, correct?
    Last edited by SrslySirius; 10-25-2017 at 02:52 PM. Reason: bureaus, not unions lol

Load Metric
    pal i didnt read the story, i was Binging the butter shortage in france and saw this headline on bings homepage, i only posted it to twist the butter knife in these trumptards that fill this literal hate site

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    My understanding was that this only applies to people who signed an arbitration-only agreement with banks and credit unions. I have no association with Equifax, so I should still be able to sue them in a class action, correct?
    Almost any time you sign up for anything financial these days, whether you read it or not, you sign away your rights and agree to an arbitration clause.
    HILLARY WON

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Almost any time you sign up for anything financial these days, whether you read it or not, you sign away your rights and agree to an arbitration clause.
    I didn't sign up for shit with Equifax. They acquired my information from other parties. Most Americans have never had any dealings with them.

It sucks that I may not be able to sue my bank if they fuck me over, but my more pressing concern right now is credit bureaus.

Load Metric
    I didn't sign up for shit with Equifax. They acquired my information from other parties. Most Americans have never had any dealings with them.

It sucks that I may not be able to sue my bank if they fuck me over, but my more pressing concern right now is credit bureaus.
    Not 100% sure but I wouldn't be surprised that if you ever had your credit run using any of them (CC,mort,car loan, etc.) That you agree to all there terms by proxy when the underwriters ask if it is okay to run your credit.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    That you agree to all there terms by proxy when the underwriters ask if it is okay to run your credit.
    That makes absolutely no sense, and I'm sure you can imagine all the problems that would arise if contracts actually worked like that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My understanding was that this only applies to people who signed an arbitration-only agreement with banks and credit unions. I have no association with Equifax, so I should still be able to sue them in a class action, correct?
    There should be a law against these fucking terms of agreement that are unreadable by design

Load Metric

Most people have an unrealistic view of their relationship with Equifax. People are not the customers of Equifax, people are the product.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Spot on!

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    why is it that Christians are so retarded that when they get power they just go to bat for Jewish banks and Israel?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I am as liberal as they come but class actions are crap- have no consumer benefit and only make lawyers rich.
    If banks are abusive, regulators should respond. Empowering private lawyers doesn’t work because their motivation is not even nominally consumer benefit. It is solely money.
    Arbitration clauses save consumers money who ultimately would be paying.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    why is it that Christians are so retarded that when they get power they just go to bat for Jewish banks and Israel?
    The Jewish Book of Fairytales, otherwise known as the Old Testament.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post

It's because the role Israel is prophesized to play in ushering the End Times per The Book of the Revalation. Were that outrageously fanciful fever dream/nigutmare narratve not biblical canon, most evangelical Chtistians wouldn't give two shits about the wealthful of Jews or Israel.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

It's because the role Israel is prophesized to play in ushering the End Times per The Book of the Revalation. Were that outrageously fanciful fever dream/nigutmare narratve not biblical canon, most evangelical Chtistians wouldn't give two shits about the wealthful of Jews or Israel.
    There are also the geopolitical considerations--a path to controlling the Middle East and its oil.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: basically i agree w you. the bible shit is how they trick plebs into being pro Israel
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

There are also the geopolitical considerations--a path to controlling the Middle East and its oil.
    Actually, the US supporting Isreal has repeatedly imposed huge costs and risk of loss of access to Middle East oil, with the first significant cost being the Arab oil embargo in 1973 in response to US support of Israel in that conflict.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information