Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ....and so it goes.....A CONFESSION

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An Actual Female
    Load Metric

....and so it goes.....A CONFESSION

Writing, articulating and expressionism for me, typically comes with little or no effort- except in this case, so deal with me if my thoughts seem fragmented or if you’re waiting for me to “just spit it out,” this is not easy.

This is a long time coming (for me to discuss, not for necessarily for any of you to read.) I am choosing to unravel a little about myself and what I am going through, not because I expect some sort of praise or pity but more because I feel a certain kinship to many of you. I’ll be honest – I thought this would be the EASIEST place I could get honest, ASAP, since for the most part, we appear to be a community replete of moral depravity and a community which revels in its own degeneracy. That said, if I didn’t feel that this was a community full of decency, support, humor and friendship – I wouldn’t be here, doing this.

I have hit the wall. I have finally been broken by this lifestyle. I’ve spent the last 18-24 months exclusively playing poker. The year previous to that, I spent playing high limit blackjack. For income. Full time. Notwithstanding the last 6 (six) months, I was a net-winning player, including in my –EV plights. In fact, I reaped all the benefits of a 7 Star existence, until the non-advantage play ceased. This isn’t about what I have won or lost though….what it IS about is the outrageous sense of entitlement I’ve gained, sprinkled with a myriad of other bad habits I’ve developed.

I take a bit of comfort in the fact that drinking (other than Scotch or a glass of Meritage here and there) isn’t a thing for me. I don’t smoke. I can’t handle marijuana – it’s too much a mindfuck for me and I am too much of a control freak to enjoy it. Opiates make me sick. Benzos make me lazy and slovenly. I have, however, never met an upper I didn’t love. My drug of choice – Adderall. I was diagnosed with ADHD in my teens and rX’ed Ritalin. The love affair started before I even knew what love was.

If you are familiar with how the dosing works, this will make sense: I am rX’ed 80 mg/daily. 20mg XR (once a day) and 20 mg of IR (3 times a day.) I am a 100 pound, active adult – so, admittedly, even for the worst case of ADHD – this dosage is criminal for any decent caretaker to condone. Yet, United Healthcare has never batted an eyelash and my pharmacist at CVS greets me with a smile once a month.

Since July, I have found myself in the habit of playing exclusively online. I’ll get up at 6AM, abuse my rX, taking all 80 mg off Adderall at once and fire off on ACR until I am “satisfied” with my net win/loss. I shamefully know the entire tournament schedule inside out and all the regs on the WPN skins at every level of cash (NLHE and PLO.) Some days, I’d even do this do this twice – 2 10 hour sessions - morning and night.

As some of you may know, I have a law school education and own my own consulting company, assisting young inventors in getting their products patented/trademarked/licensed/branded/brought to market. I am educated and hard working. In addition to that, I have been a freelance writer, on and off for the last 20 years, which included co-authoring a book with my late father. Somewhere along the way, I made a conscience decision that at least for now, I didn’t want to be those things and that I wanted this anything-but-glamorous alternative. What the fuck?

It’s been hell on my relationships with friends and family and hell on my soul. I decided last week, that was it. There is a shortage of GA / NA meetings where I live, so I started attending AA – which seems to work, regardless of what your actual crutch is. So, my journey begins. I am 6 days without Adderall and 6 days without poker/gambling.

I have given it thought and feel like I could really benefit from doing an “Ask Me Anything.” I have made plenty of really awesome/not so proud life choices over time…..so, let’s make this, that. For the time being…..nothing is off limits. Time and energy allowing, I will answer anything…

Comments

Flipper_Fair: here is some Run Good for you

Sanlmar: Quality shareware.

Charham: Good analysis and action

big dick: Best of luck
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; 10-25-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    easily the best post I've seen on this site for months

Comments

unchainedghost:

Muck Ficon: Hut's post about your sleeping in your car was better.

Load Metric
    I think I am either in lust or love. TBD.

Until then, are you on a precipice, and if so, from what? Or, instead, are you just craving cathartic change?

You sounds dysphoric, which is where i am and have been for a while now. Enough about me. You, ...

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    I think I am either in lust or love. TBD.

Until then, are you on a precipice, and if so, from what? Or, instead, are you just craving cathartic change?

You sounds dysphoric, which is where i am and have been for a while now. Enough about me. You, ...
    dysphoric is a perfect way to describe it, that and disillusioned....but for now, at least, I can turn it all around.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Are you still with the old Jew boyfriend?

Asking for about 100 PFA friends, who have been excited that a female without a penis posts here.

Comments

Kilgore Trout: as opposed to the other females, with penises, who post here.

thesparten: What would big dick be considered?

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Asking for about 100 PFA friends, who have been excited that a female without a penis posts here.

I am - however, I am not certain that he is equipped for the rigorous honesty that my life is about to become. As much as he loves and appreciates my tight ass and smart mouth, is also about how much he loves and appreciates percodans and Modelo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    It’s been hell on my relationships with friends and family and hell on my soul. I decided last week, that was it. There is a shortage of GA / NA meetings where I live, so I started attending AA – which seems to work, regardless of what your actual crutch is. So, my journey begins. I am 6 days without Adderall and 6 days without poker/gambling.

My name is 4dragons and I have an erection.

Load Metric

I am - however, I am not certain that he is equipped for the rigorous honesty that my life is about to become. As much as he loves and appreciates my tight ass and smart mouth, is also about how much he loves and appreciates percodans and Modelo.

Very few relationships survive one half going sober and entering into a journey of self discovery and crippling terror.

You would do well to preemptively give yourself a pass on the guilt that this will generate.

Comments

Kilgore Trout: thank you. I intrinsically know this...but need to hear it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Good luck. Adderall is second greatest thing in this life next to unprotected sex

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Good luck. Adderall is second greatest thing in this life next to unprotected sex

There is no greater truth.

Signed, I have no uterus, no STDs and a full medicine cabinet

Banned
    Load Metric
    When your buzz becomes your lifestyle you have to immediately put down the shovel. I promise it worked for me.

I have played more poker than anyone I have ever met in person, and have always been a winning player. The problem is that in the long run the game for most people is an emotional death sentence. The win and the profit is not worth the price you have to pay.

Walk away, hang out with people that love or inspire you. Time will take care of the rest. Godspeed

Load Metric
    I have herd that when you cut your hair it is the start when you change your life. Hopefully for the better. Having someone there to encourage you and listen can’t be bad unless they drag you down.
    If you serously are done with poker and gambling self excluding will seal the deal for the most part course there are always workarounds if you are hopelessly addicted and can’t stop.
    I about a month ago decided I was done with online poker as well and self excluded my self from the site I played on for good not going back. I will probably play live some time although I haven’t in more than a year.
    No drug or booze problem thankfully, but I do work way more than I should and have a hard time relaxing when I am not unless I am exhausted.

Good luck KT stay healthy

Comments

Kilgore Trout: self exclusion is compulsory...I need to pull the trigger. 7 Stars was no easy feat (x3.) None of it matters, though.

limitles: no drug or bozze problem meaning you have enough?
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    #3 - is there a God and if so, is it one we have been introduced to?

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    My upbringing was Jewish, only in terms of reformed tradition. (ie lighting candles, exchanging gifts, Bar Mitzvahs, Seder.) Literally, only the things you "here about Jewish people doing." I went to a predominantly Catholic private school, inclusive of a school-wide daily chapel meeting (which claimed to be non-secular) however we read hymns from a hymnal, 98% of the time.

I believe that there is some higher power - I just don't know and don't care to dig too deep. I have a real issue with ambiguities - like space and time, so trying to rationalize what more there is or what the meaning of all this shit is, is not something I like to do. As a kid, I spent more than my share of sleepless nights wondering if this universe simply existed as a cell making up the smallest being in the next largest universe. Like I said, I can't deal with anything other than the tangible.

In recent years, I have started practice a shitload of yoga to reach a relaxed/meditative state. I have a bleak outlook on the world and worry that I may never be able to make peace with some things. Specifically, I am often really bothered about something that seems banal to even bring it up...however, its that I can't find logic in the idea that that war/violence solve anything. I am fiercely opposed to and refuse to hear anything to the contrary. I mention it, because I realize that none of these things are going away. Death, is imminent and its really much healthier to find some sort of belief, change my attitude about the inevitable and deal with it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    My upbringing was Jewish, only in terms of reformed tradition. (ie lighting candles, exchanging gifts, Bar Mitzvahs, Seder.) Literally, only the things you "here about Jewish people doing." I went to a predominantly Catholic private school, inclusive of a school-wide daily chapel meeting (which claimed to be non-secular) however we read hymns from a hymnal, 98% of the time.

I believe that there is some higher power - I just don't know and don't care to dig too deep. I have a real issue with ambiguities - like space and time, so trying to rationalize what more there is or what the meaning of all this shit is, is not something I like to do. As a kid, I spent more than my share of sleepless nights wondering if this universe simply existed as a cell making up the smallest being in the next largest universe. Like I said, I can't deal with anything other than the tangible.

In recent years, I have started practice a shitload of yoga to reach a relaxed/meditative state. I have a bleak outlook on the world and worry that I may never be able to make peace with some things. Specifically, I am often really bothered about something that seems banal to even bring it up...however, its that I can't find logic in the idea that that war/violence solve anything. I am fiercely opposed to and refuse to hear anything to the contrary. I mention it, because I realize that none of these things are going away. Death, is imminent and its really much healthier to find some sort of belief, change my attitude about the inevitable and deal with it.

so much

Load Metric

We all die. And no one has found objective evidence of a greater power or life after death. And not having those things to rely upon emotionally can be depressing. But ask this question: If the mortal coil is inevitable, what better way to apply ourselves before that time than to work on making life better for others in the meantime, even in the smallest ways, for the repeatable joy of doing so?

To be honest, that is something I really enjoy about hauling truckloads of foods stuffs and other products that people will get benefit from being able to enjoy, be it toilet paper or chicken nuggets. And work diligently to make that process go as smooth as possible for my company's customers. The regular camping-in-my-truck routine, unfettered by a neverending pursuit of the acquistion of more "stuff" to fill a house, is just an added bonus of my lifestyle. Truly.

Name:  IMG_1960.GIF
Views: 504
Size:  184.5 KB
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 10-26-2017 at 06:32 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    You must know that time spent engaging in online social activities with strangers will offer very little in the way of positive long lasting satisfaction with life. The best thing you could do is delete your accounts, kick the pills, and travel for 6 months with a goal to reevaluate upon return. Keep a personal diary, share with nobody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    You must know that time spent engaging in online social activities with strangers will offer very little in the way of positive long lasting satisfaction with life. The best thing you could do is delete your accounts, kick the pills, and travel for 6 months with a goal to reevaluate upon return. Keep a personal diary, share with nobody.
    Yeah, pretty bold to start revealing yourself on this site of psychos.

Listen to this guy.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

Listen to this guy.

If you read the first paragraph I wrote, I know my audience. I take a certain bit of comfort in the fact that I am, not a stranger in a strange land with any of my vices - while in these parts,.

Psychos and Sociopaths exist everywhere. I am neither naive nor so low on self worth that I rely on the validation of 25 math nerds to raise me up. I am under no illusion - being female and exposing myself to a bunch of guys. That said, give yourselves more credit than that. I mean this, in every positive way: for the most part, I find this group to be harmless, full of knowledge, firm and fair. I can more than handle what I have put out there. I expect/want nothing from this group (other than the dick pics, I am going to need those to continue) and I am not interested in finding my next wealthy Jew in these parts (Druff, if your myopia clears up, call me.)

It is what it is. I appreciate you (both) looking after my best interests. Truly. Even if I sound argumentative and cunty.

Comments

Sanlmar: Another hof 1st para

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post

Listen to this guy.

If you read the first paragraph I wrote, I know my audience. I take a certain bit of comfort in the fact that I am, not a stranger in a strange land with any of my vices - while in these parts,.

Psychos and Sociopaths exist everywhere. I am neither naive nor so low on self worth that I rely on the validation of 25 math nerds to raise me up. I am under no illusion - being female and exposing myself to a bunch of guys. That said, give yourselves more credit than that. I mean this, in every positive way: for the most part, I find this group to be harmless, full of knowledge, firm and fair. I can more than handle what I have put out there. I expect/want nothing from this group (other than the dick pics, I am going to need those to continue) and I am not interested in finding my next wealthy Jew in these parts (Druff, if your myopia clears up, call me.)

It is what it is. I appreciate you (both) looking after my best interests. Truly. Even if I sound argumentative and cunty.

Even you, Blake. Regardless of the fact that Nita won’t let you sleep upstairs and feeds you sloppy, tasteless grits while the revolving door of Curtis Jackson lookalikes swing through at all hours and it has driven you to study the Quran 22 hours of the day - and your secretary wont even buy you the right flavor of Ciobani...you are included here.

Comments

blake: literally my life story rep

Thread Information