Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is there no end to this stuff? "Teaching math preserves white privilege"

Load Metric

Is there no end to this stuff? "Teaching math preserves white privilege"

https://www.westernjournalism.com/ma...-as-whiteness/

I'm glad that I'll probably be dead when: 2 Mexican drug mules + 2 Islamic terrorists = 5 undocumented immigrants.

Comments

herbertstemple: No, there is no end to the stupidity of liberals. This will continue forever.

Load Metric
    but yeah by all means, keep wondering why youre constantly angry while you read "westernjournalism.com".

im sure the reasonable and even keeled minds from http://liftablemedia.com/ only have your best interests at heart.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    https://www.westernjournalism.com/ma...-as-whiteness/

I'm glad that I'll probably be dead when: 2 Mexican drug mules + 2 Islamic terrorists = 5 undocumented immigrants.

From Western Journalism's website:

About Western Journalism
    Western Journalism is a news company that drives positive cultural change by equipping readers with truth. Every day, WesternJournalism.com publishes conservative, libertarian, free market and pro-family writers and broadcasters.

Hopefully the world will become tired of being brainwashed.

Lolomon
    Load Metric
    Well, Yitang Zhang very recently proved the twin primes conjecture which was a problem that basically every number theorist has looked at for hundreds of years, and Terence Tao has done work that most white mathematicians (or most mathematicians for that matter) can't even imagine of attempting, so I view math as more of the Asian male opportunity as opposed to white privilege. Take a look at the demographics of faculty/grad students in most institutions of higher learning today, the Statistics departments I've visited were all like half Asian and a lot of the white people were Russian.

Comments

Nikki: +1 for the asians

ShawnFanningsLimpDick: He didn't prove the twin primes conjecture but did prove that there are infinite primes within 70 million or so. Establishing any finite bound was a huge step forward but now they have to get it down from 70 million to 2.

Load Metric
    You're all attacking the website but not refuting anything they reported. Just follow the links they give.

https://education.illinois.edu/faculty/rg1

There's her profile right on the university website.

Here is her twitter profile. Lots of good stuff there too
    https://twitter.com/RG1gal

There is a concerted and growing effort in academia to politicize math. Math is racist now. What a world.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    but yeah by all means, keep wondering why youre constantly angry while you read "westernjournalism.com".

im sure the reasonable and even keeled minds from http://liftablemedia.com/ only have your best interests at heart.
    Unfortunately, truth is independent of its source. Either these things were said or they weren't. I can find no evidence that they weren't said. I'm always open to reevaluation should new contradictory evidence appear. I'm not constantly angry, just constantly disappointed in the quality of American college faculty and the current reign of terror of campus political correctness.

Comments

BlunderMaker:

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    You're all attacking the website but not refuting anything they reported. Just follow the links they give.

There is a concerted and growing effort in academia to politicize math. Math is racist now. What a world.

I am in no way saying some wackjob public school teacher didn't say it.

I am saying that the story was written to inflame and divide and that you still have the hook in your mouth.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

ToasterOven: this

Load Metric
    Name:  Charles-Murray-.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  98.2 KB

Silver
    Load Metric
    Math is racist, books are racist, reading is racist, education is racist, flag is racist, money is racist, capitalism is racist, EVERYTHING is racist. Except black people. Black people cannot be racist.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

tyde:

Load Metric
    Name:  1508954657473.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  128.3 KB

Comments

ftpjesus:

Load Metric

Unfortunately, truth is independent of its source. Either these things were said or they weren't. I can find no evidence that they weren't said. I'm always open to reevaluation should new contradictory evidence appear. I'm not constantly angry, just constantly disappointed in the quality of American college faculty and the current reign of terror of campus political correctness.

Jews are centipedes from space.

I literally just said that on the internet.

Are you going to start a thread about it now, or wait until a right wing rage-blog picks it up and rebrands it as a threat to Israel's existence?

Comments

The_Lurker: space centipedes are scary mother fuckers
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Name:  1508954657473.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  128.3 KB
    Mmmmm, pudding.
    HILLARY WON

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not understanding the objection to this article.

Is it on a right-wing website of questionable reliability?

Yes.

But it seems to be fairly well sourced, and the article itself does not seem sensational or difficult to believe.

It seems likely to me that the facts reported in the article about this whack-job professor are indeed facts.

So what's the problem?

Keep in mind that I despite clickbait right-wing sites which prey upon the highly divided political climate, as they often disseminate false or misleading articles which fit their narrative and get clicks. (This is prevalent on the left, as well.) However, this article does not seem to be fake news.

Do we now need to dismiss any news as worthless, which isn't reported from a position of complete neutrality?

If so, then we need to dismiss nearly everything political ever written on this forum.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post

I am saying that the story was written to inflame and divide and that you still have the hook in your mouth.
    Who cares why it was written?

If it's the truth, then there should be no problem putting the information out there.

Comments

Nikki: druff but true

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Yes.

But it seems to be fairly well sourced, and the article itself does not seem sensational or difficult to believe.

It seems likely to me that the facts reported in the article about this whack-job professor are indeed facts.

So what's the problem?

Keep in mind that I despite clickbait right-wing sites which prey upon the highly divided political climate, as they often disseminate false or misleading articles which fit their narrative and get clicks. (This is prevalent on the left, as well.) However, this article does not seem to be fake news.

Do we now need to dismiss any news as worthless, which isn't reported from a position of complete neutrality?

If so, then we need to dismiss nearly everything political ever written on this forum.

I am saying that the story was written with the sole purpose to inflame and divide and that you still have the hook in your mouth.

Comments

gimmick:

Banned
    Load Metric

Who cares why it was written?

If it's the truth, then there should be no problem putting the information out there.

would you say the same thing if it was liberal babble?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yes.

So what's the problem?

I am saying that the story was written with the sole purpose to inflame and divide and that you still have the hook in your mouth.
    You can keep saying the same thing over and over, but it is incredibly foolish to complain about truthful news stories because you don't like the motivation behind the writer.

This is exactly why many deride Trump for his "fake news" claims, whenever there's something bad reported about him.

While you need to approach a biased source with caution, you can't entirely dismiss it, as the biased source is also more likely to dig for actual dirt.

Load Metric

I literally just said that on the internet.

Are you going to start a thread about it now, or wait until a right wing rage-blog picks it up and rebrands it as a threat to Israel's existence?
    With all due respect, this is not the greatest analogy. What might be more analogous is the endless hammering of Israel, the only real democracy in that part of the world, on college campuses by both students and teachers. There is virtually nothing that can't be said to vilify Israel. This is typical of the radical left's control of the college campus dialogue.

Banned
    Load Metric

You can keep saying the same thing over and over, but it is incredibly foolish to complain about truthful news stories because you don't like the motivation behind the writer.

This is exactly why many deride Trump for his "fake news" claims, whenever there's something bad reported about him.

While you need to approach a biased source with caution, you can't entirely dismiss it, as the biased source is also more likely to dig for actual dirt.

So you think that the story was to inform people?

Load Metric
    ^ redpilled ^

Comments

sonatine: gottem

Thread Information