Load Metric
    Thank you for supporting PBS.

Comments

tyde: face it...you are Donald trump's bitch

limitles: lol, you're the beholden one

SrslySirius: lmao
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Just re-watched for the 3rd time. Awesome.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian Bob View Post
    cliff notes, how'd e do it?

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    the Democrats came up with this great idea: let's demonize the largest demographic in the USA: the working class white male

Load Metric
    Enjoy. Next documentary is in 2020.

Fell asleep early this am watching it, and dreamt at one point that Trump hired me to do some political consulting work for him. I jumped at the opportunity! Gave me a chance to professional wear my black anodized Rolex.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

the Democrats came up with this great idea: let's demonize the largest demographic in the USA: the working class white male

in fairness, if the working class white male could be trusted to make adult decisions based on neither alex jones nor the bible, a lot of problems could have been avoided.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post

in fairness, if the working class white male could be trusted to make adult decisions based on neither alex jones nor the bible, a lot of problems could have been avoided.
    One thing you must always remember Sonatine, is a white working class male who listens to Alex Jones, gets the same vote as Matt Damon. I don't think the elite understands that, which is ironic because you bring up the whole 3/5th thing and voting reparations they get red in the face with their "passion". Its akin to Al Gore flying around the world on his private jet talking about climate change.

Zap is spot on with his post btw.

Load Metric

One thing you must always remember Sonatine, is a white working class male who listens to Alex Jones, gets the same vote as Matt Damon. I don't think the elite understands that, which is ironic because you bring up the whole 3/5th thing and voting reparations they get red in the face with their "passion". Its akin to Al Gore flying around the world on his private jet talking about climate change.

but youve only proven my point; when you feel backed into the corner by an accurate assessment of your ignorance, you fall back on conspiracy constructs like al gores carbon footprint and other "us vs elites" defensiveness, while never once conceding that the civilized world is coming together to find solutions while we cant even get you to the table because you refuse to even admit the problems exist.

and in your post, you have demonstrated, gorgeously, exactly why; you cannot bring yourself to confront your culpability in a culture of ignorance and blame shifting, because to do so implicitly confesses how easily the koch brother crowd (and so very many others) manipulated you.

when you first embrace science and aggressive action to preserve the biosphere, THEN you can rail against the smarmy coastal elites to your hearts content.

but until then, you're just another death tripping yokel.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

but youve only proven my point; when you feel backed into the corner by an accurate assessment of your ignorance, you fall back on conspiracy constructs like al gores carbon footprint and other "us vs elites" defensiveness, while never once conceding that the civilized world is coming together to find solutions while we cant even get you to the table because you refuse to even admit the problems exist.

and in your post, you have demonstrated, gorgeously, exactly why; you cannot bring yourself to confront your culpability in a culture of ignorance and blame shifting, because to do so implicitly confesses how easily the koch brother crowd (and so very many others) manipulated you.

when you first embrace science and aggressive action to preserve the biosphere, THEN you can rail against the smarmy coastal elites to your hearts content.

Another ad-hominem attack. The only thing worse being attacked by a privileged elite, is being attached by a privileged elite wanne-bee. You are not as bad as Dirty B, but you are a close second. Going to be funny when Elizabeth Warren is your nominee.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Red for retard

Load Metric

Another ad-hominem attack. The only thing worse being attacked by a privileged elite, is being attached by a privileged elite wanne-bee. You are not as bad as Dirty B, but you are a close second. Going to be funny when Elizabeth Warren is your nominee.

and again, when confronted with hard data that makes you look bad, you elect to interpret it as a personal attack.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    you're basically slagging him for seeing it different than you. typical of the regressive leftards of current year.

Comments

v12cl: exactly
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Banned
    Load Metric
    standard leftist to lash out with personal attacks

Scandinavian Bob made a post that wasn't veiled with insults

tine...not so much

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    you're basically slagging him for seeing it different than you. typical of the regressive leftards of current year.

if someones perspective is toxic and destructive, it does not mean its not toxic and destructive because its their perspective, junkie.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Truthspeaker rep

DJ_Chaps: hows it feel being mumbles friend?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    standard leftist to lash out with personal attacks

Scandinavian Bob made a post that wasn't veiled with insults

tine...not so much
    You mean like calling people gooks and spics?
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    pretty sure pbs is now run by the koch brotehrs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    pretty sure pbs is now run by the koch brotehrs

who would complain, goy?

look at that panim.

Load Metric
    I am thoroughly enjoying myself reading all I can about Steve Bannon.

My take at this point is that the guy took a lot of shots to see what sticks.

After a stint at Goldman he settled in Hollywood first to finance movie projects and later he started his own outfit to develop and produce his own films. He took shots and none got any traction until he did something about Ronald Reagan.

Hmmm. That works. Okay. Let's run with that. Point is I have half a notion he is just playing opportunist in the sandbox that is the big business of politics. I will argue he has no particular personal political conviction. He's just brilliant.

How Steve Bannon Made a Fortune Off of ‘Seinfeld’
    https://www.thewrap.com/steve-bannon-seinfeld/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I am thoroughly enjoying myself reading all I can about Steve Bannon.

My take at this point is that the guy took a lot of shots to see what sticks.

After a stint at Goldman he settled in Hollywood first to finance movie projects and later he started his own outfit to develop and produce his own films. He took shots and none got any traction until he did something about Ronald Reagan.

Hmmm. That works. Okay. Let's run with that. Point is I have half a notion he is just playing opportunist in the sandbox that is the big business of politics. I will argue he has no particular personal political conviction. He's just brilliant.

How Steve Bannon Made a Fortune Off of ‘Seinfeld’
    https://www.thewrap.com/steve-bannon-seinfeld/

still find him amusing?

Load Metric
    I'm not wearing his game jersey to the supermarket.

I'm just saying he is a fascinating study and he just owns politics like few others I can recall in recent history.

He is running rough shod over the political landscape. His impact is undeniable. You may dislike him but his results and influence are stunning and you ought to pay attention.

I am one who thoroughly enjoys watching the political establishment on both sides get savaged. Maybe I view him like political chemotherapy. He's toxic and he'll make you deathly ill. But he might kill the cancer that is the status quo.

A brilliant mind playing the game like a grandmaster when all the rest are still patzers in the park.

Most importantly to me, his arrival to this point has all been happenstance and kismet. It's a fun study.

Thread Information