Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Louis CK new movie/weird timing

Banned
    Load Metric
    Those CK masturbation rumors have been around for as long as I can remember, but I always assumed they were bullshit. It seemed like an easy rumor to start because he just looks like a schlubby pervert. Like the Richard Gere gerbil thing or Marylin Manson removing a rib to suck his own dick. They're just believable enough because of who they are.

Bad read on my part I suppose.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Oh man.... Looks like he studied the Weinstein playbook and acted on it.

Masturbating in front women is what I just heard for starters.

I think this is a pretty dramatic overstatement based on the narratives Ive read so far.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/louis...-timeline.html

Weinstein was a serial rapist who would destroy careers if he didnt get that pussy, that's a far cry from what I'm reading here.

That said, if you're right, mea culpa of course.

Comments

Kilgore Trout:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I think this is a pretty dramatic overstatement based on the narratives Ive read so far.

Weinstein was a serial rapist who would destroy careers if he didnt get that pussy, that's a far cry from what I'm reading here.

I need to interject something here, its been really grating at me.
    Throughout the last several weeks, as more of these stories evolve, I feel less and less sympathetic for the [female] victims.
    You decide to come forward because of a social media trend?
    Deciding to come forward in droves is not brave nor courageous. It is weak, resentful and accomplishes very little - other than destroying the credibility and public lives of both the accused and their victims. Many of these cases have expired or near expired statues of limitations. If victims don't feel a duty to speak up when this shit happens, why do we have a duty to listen and react, years later?

Rant over, carry on boys.

Comments

sonatine: fucking preach.

SchoenfeldsJawMuscles: really dumb post rep

JACKDANIELS: fair point

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post

Throughout the last several weeks, as more of these stories evolve, I feel less and less sympathetic for the [female] victims.
    Deciding to come forward in droves is not brave nor courageous. It is weak, resentful and accomplishes very little - other than destroying the credibility and public lives of both the accused and their victims. Many of these cases have expired or near expired statues of limitations. If victims don't feel a duty to speak up when this shit happens, why do we have a duty to listen and react, years later?

As more and more women come forward it obviously takes less and less courage.

But does that mean that they shouldn't come forward whenever the required level of courage drops below the amount they have?

Load Metric

Exactly. I mean, it's not like Mossad spies were literally threatening these women.

Oh, wait...

Load Metric
    Also they just cancelled the premier of his movie.

From
    Louis C.K. Crossed a Line Into Sexual Misconduct, 5 Women Say
    After being contacted for an interview this week about the on-the-record accusations of sexual misconduct — encounters that took place over a decade ago — Louis C.K.’s publicist, Lewis Kay, said the comedian would not respond. “Louis is not going to answer any questions,” Mr. Kay wrote in an email Tuesday night.

Neither Louis C.K. nor Mr. Kay replied to follow-up emails in which the accusations were laid out in detail, or to voice messages or texts. On Thursday, the premiere of Louis C.K.’s new movie “I Love You, Daddy,” was abruptly canceled, and he also canceled an appearance on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.”

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Also they just cancelled the premier of his movie.

From
    Louis C.K. Crossed a Line Into Sexual Misconduct, 5 Women Say
    After being contacted for an interview this week about the on-the-record accusations of sexual misconduct — encounters that took place over a decade ago — Louis C.K.’s publicist, Lewis Kay, said the comedian would not respond. “Louis is not going to answer any questions,” Mr. Kay wrote in an email Tuesday night.

Neither Louis C.K. nor Mr. Kay replied to follow-up emails in which the accusations were laid out in detail, or to voice messages or texts. On Thursday, the premiere of Louis C.K.’s new movie “I Love You, Daddy,” was abruptly canceled, and he also canceled an appearance on “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.”
    They cancelled a NY premiere, which is not a huge deal for now. If the movie doesn't get released next week, that's way more consequential.

Comments

duped_samaritan: .

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

As more and more women come forward it obviously takes less and less courage.

But does that mean that they shouldn't come forward whenever the required level of courage drops below the amount they have?
    This is just me responding. I would never discourage victims from coming forward.
    Its just not a good look - for anyone involved, including those representing either side. Its difficult to empathize and with the many victims of many cases, who just suddenly are finding their voices.

Hopefully, this is a lesson to all future victims (a reality) to come forward immediately.

I may regret saying this, however, if I am being honest here - I hope these sexual misconduct cases don't turn into this generation's version of Liebeck vs. McDonald's or similar litigious cases. We are a sue happy culture, as it is.

Comments

SchoenfeldsJawMuscles: your last post discouraged all victims, dumbfuck
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; 11-09-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Load Metric
    On a more uplifting note, Roy Moore going down today is just delightful.

Comments

Kilgore Trout: agree. THIS is much different - and overdue.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Like the Richard Gere gerbil thing

Name:  eh0irhge3cwz.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  31.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Load Metric

Agreed, the stuff here doesn't rise to the level of Weinstein. In terms of absolute creepiness, it lands above lewfeather but below DRK STAR.

Comments

WillieMcFML: poor dork store

DRK Star: I love my critics...even the mildly retarded ones

varys: Lol
    Last edited by Corrigan; 11-09-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    On a more uplifting note, Roy Moore going down today is just delightful.
    Does "going down" mean winning by 7 instead of 15?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You don't have to feel sympathetic for these victims. I doubt any of them feel like victims. It seems those who had to witness CK the jerk just laughed it off. When it's evident this has happened not just to you then it is time to pipe up. One person's story can be explained away much easier than several.

Load Metric
    I recall watching a L CK stand up years ago where he disgust masturbating and the feeling of guilty afterward.... he seems to have an obsession which only confirms the assaults.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Freudian slip rep

Load Metric
    I really wanted to see this movie. Louis CK is a great comedian and it sucks his career is gone now

Load Metric
    Found it... 2007 I think or there about.

Load Metric

Maybe I worded that poorly. I was just saying he did something that seemed to be a play out of the Weinstein playbook, not that he is on that level by any means.

And I doubt this kills his career. If this ends up being just jerking off in front of women he'll be able to spin it over time and run with that as part of his act. I'm sure some of the many comedic actresses he's worked with will eventually come to his defense... As long as he didn't jerk off in front of them without permission of course.

Load Metric

Please don't take this the wrong way or anything, but you seem like a real cunt.

Comments

SrslySirius: tough but fair

MumblesBadly: Don't fault her. It's probably an unstated requirement to enjoying being an active female member of PFA.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

Please don't take this the wrong way or anything, but you seem like a real cunt.

I’ve heard that...

Comments

MumblesBadly: And for those who enjoy your participation in this forum, we thank you for it!

Thread Information