Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Louis CK new movie/weird timing

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Load Metric
    I want to address the stories told to the New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.

I have been remorseful of my actions. And I've tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.

I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn't want to hear it. I didn't think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it.

There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.

I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what you've done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people who I work with and have worked with whose professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One Mississippi, and I Love You, Daddy. I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. I’ve brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance on my movie and every other entity that has bet on me through the years.

I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.

Thank you for reading.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I feel like a lot of people to take after Louies Cock and harden the fuck up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post

i think a lot of this is because the class mean girls tried to write about this years ago and were shut down, so now they get to go apeshit about it and no one can say anything until they wear themselves down or have babies or something.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm willing to consider that some of these stories may be exaggeration, revenge, or sensationalism, but every time when the facts come out, it seems that the allegations are 100% true.

Has there been one falsely accused celebrity in the current hailstorm of sexual harassment claims?

These kinda seem like poker scam stories. Even though it's very possible for false allegations to be propagated, they're almost always true, so it gets hard to take the attitude of, "Wait, let's hear both sides before judging."

Comments

El Gallo:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm willing to consider that some of these stories may be exaggeration, revenge, or sensationalism, but every time when the facts come out, it seems that the allegations are 100% true.

Has there been one falsely accused celebrity in the current hailstorm of sexual harassment claims?

These kinda seem like poker scam stories. Even though it's very possible for false allegations to be propagated, they're almost always true, so it gets hard to take the attitude of, "Wait, let's hear both sides before judging."

I think when a claim like this comes from the New York Times you can take it to the bank that they have made damn sure that the story is rock solid, or they open themselves up to lawsuits.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post

i think a lot of this is because the class mean girls tried to write about this years ago and were shut down, so now they get to go apeshit about it and no one can say anything until they wear themselves down or have babies or something.

I mean I get it that he's massively talented, but Louis + friends are the class mean girls in this case, and he basically called all these women liars over the years until exactly today, and I'm sure his manager blackballed anyone who said word 1 from getting comedy gigs.

He's obv a piece of shit, and the funny part is his comedy paints itself as "honest" and "vulnerable" - when really it's all just an act - I think especially how he uses his 2 girls as kind of a shield from him being a piece of shit is disgusting.

Also - his apology is more narcissistic than his comedy if that is even possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    How do women still go out with guys, when you consider the fact that there is no greater threat to women than men? We’re the number one threat! To women! Globally and historically, we’re the number one cause of injury and mayhem to women. We’re the worst thing that ever happens to them. If you’re a guy, imagine you could only date a half-bear-half-lion. Oh, I hope this one’s nice! I hope he doesn’t do what he’s going to do.
    -Louis CK

Load Metric

Trumps the only one. Total misunderstanding/frame job/conspiracy

Comments

El Gallo:
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

Just a thought...

Imagine if Jonathan Duhamel won ME in 2017 instead of whenever he did.

Getting robbed would of been less painful, but his gf would of gotten away with it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I don't even really like Louie CK that much, but I'm more or less giving him a pass. What he did was disgusting, but he seems sincerely remorseful. His own accusers acknowledge that he reached out to personally apologize to them years before any of this was public, and that he successfully made efforts to get his shit together and stop being such a fucking creep. That's not the action of a man who's only sorry that he was caught.

Furthermore, the power dynamic here isn't in the same ballpark as Weinstein or any of these other scandals. This stuff happened in the early 2000s, when he was best known for Pootie Tang and a few stand up specials. Nobody was under duress for fear of their careers. They just had the misfortune of having to see a fat ginger's dick and lose all respect for a friend/colleague.

Comments

duped_samaritan: .

peter mcneil:

JACKDANIELS: agreed

Kilgore Trout:

Load Metric
    i hope neverheebs career isnt ruined over all the times he used the "whip it out and see what happens" strategy

Comments

gimmick:

SchoenfeldsJawMuscles:

Load Metric

Says the guy who argued for multiple pages that Roger Ailes probably didn't sexually harass Gretchen Carlson.

JFC Druff.

Comments

splitthis:

Kuntmissioner: roasted
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Last edited by limitles; 11-11-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I don't even really like Louie CK that much, but I'm more or less giving him a pass. What he did was disgusting, but he seems sincerely remorseful. His own accusers acknowledge that he reached out to personally apologize to them years before any of this was public, and that he successfully made efforts to get his shit together and stop being such a fucking creep. That's not the action of a man who's only sorry that he was caught.

Furthermore, the power dynamic here isn't in the same ballpark as Weinstein or any of these other scandals. This stuff happened in the early 2000s, when he was best known for Pootie Tang and a few stand up specials. Nobody was under duress for fear of their careers. They just had the misfortune of having to see a fat ginger's dick and lose all respect for a friend/colleague.
    I was going to post a similar thing, but you beat me to it. Dude has a fetish of jerking off while (random?) chicks watch. He isn't raping them, he's not groping them....he isn't touching them at all. Our quality news outlets paint stories like "he LURED them into his hotel room, and then LOCKED THEM IN while he jerked off"....everyone with half-a-brain (maybe Tyde also) knows thats not true. I think there are other "witness" reports the next day at the Aspen film fest where other comics talking to the 2 chicks there said they were laughing about it. Of course Murica 2017, everyones a victim.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: and agreed

Kilgore Trout: The voice of reason.

splitthis: Wtf is wrong with you?

Load Metric
    Yup way too many hypersensitive people ready to get super outraged on command. Plus the media is always quick to go scorched earth on someone for a week or so until they move onto something else. Really dislike the trial by media as even though Louis isn't getting charged with any crime he has already been found guilty by the media and they will go all out to end his career. I agree anyone with half a brain can see through the medias narrative here but unfortunately looks like thats a minority of people.

Comments

Kilgore Trout: Hopefully PLOP won’t get his panties wadded up over this. You get it.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

I was going to post a similar thing, but you beat me to it. Dude has a fetish of jerking off while (random?) chicks watch. He isn't raping them, he's not groping them....he isn't touching them at all. Our quality news outlets paint stories like "he LURED them into his hotel room, and then LOCKED THEM IN while he jerked off"....everyone with half-a-brain (maybe Tyde also) knows thats not true. I think there are other "witness" reports the next day at the Aspen film fest where other comics talking to the 2 chicks there said they were laughing about it. Of course Murica 2017, everyones a victim.

Thank You. For articulating what I couldn’t.
    This was my point.

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_2772.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  66.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Name:  IMG_2772.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  66.4 KB

Name:  once-you-go-black-youre-a-single-mom-happy-halloween😌-7152244.png
Views: 245
Size:  132.7 KB

Comments

The_Lurker: brainwashed minion

Load Metric
    Can we take a moment to appreciate Chloe Grace Moretz in this little ass bikini though? jfc

Name:  jfc.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  52.2 KB

Comments

big dick: Edible

Thread Information