Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Louis CK new movie/weird timing

Load Metric

Louis CK new movie/weird timing

Anyone see the trailer for his new flick?

Curious timing of this being made, right before all the Weinstein shit. Also weird considering Louis's own rumors about his life.

Comments

Sanlmar:

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Anyone see the trailer for his new flick?

Curious timing of this being made, right before all the Weinstein shit. Also weird considering Louis's own rumors about his life.
    The cast is insane.

Comments

OSA: howd they get john malkovich?

Load Metric
    The cast was a group of oldies but goodies who where available and that trailer, lost interest after finding out it was his daughter...yawwwwwwn

Strike 2 for Lou

Load Metric
    My theory is that his own PR team is pushing the "Oh people feel awkward about this movie because of Weinstein which is why its making no money and has no buzz" narrative because there was not a single even remotely humorous moment in that entire commercial.

Not.... a.... one.

I think he seriously bit off more than he could chew artistically. And I respect him and genuinely consider him a genius and I fucking love his work but this shit right here ( moves fingers in a circle at and around that commercial ) is not funny.

Comments

OSA: spoken by every woman and gay in Manhattan at brunch

gut: agreed
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'm gonna need you all to take a step back and show some respect. We're talking about the man who wrote and directed this masterpiece:

Comments

duped_samaritan: hard to focus on any video you post with that avatar

Load Metric
    shit.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I'm sure it will be thoughtful and interesting, like everything he does. But I don't think I'll watch it.

Just not interested in a sexual predator's movie about his daughter being preyed on by an older man.

The allegations around CK are gross and he isn't really denying anything. His stuff just feels too personal and I don't think I can engage with it anymore.

And I was formerly as big of a fan of his as there is.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    im not going to get into defending him but fwiw, the person whose name gets trotted out as his big high profile victim recently went on record and said she had no idea wtf anyone was talking about and that shes never been put in a weird position by him.

like literally the story went:

[ up and coming comedy broad ] a girl told me louis ck asked to jerk off in front of her.

< a dozen media cycles later >

[ B-list feminist dyke comedian ] LOUIS CK IS A PIG AND CORNERED UP AND COMING COMEDY BROAD AND FORCED HER TO WATCH HIM JERKING OFF

also literally i dont give a fuck about any of this, its not my business, and this is some of the funniest shit ive ever seen:

also if women being like OH MY GOD A WHITE MALE ASKED ME TO DO SEX STUFF WITH HIM gets you worked up, im sure youre already strapping on body armor and loading up your black talons to clean up the mean streets of literally 90 percent of the earths populated surface where women are treated like belligerent sex toys that are one solid beating away from knowing their place.

Load Metric
    damn helen hunt turned into the kid from mask with a tortoise neck

Load Metric
    Where are all those old-school women you can just take your day out on?”

“When did they stop making those angels? What a luxury"
    This just devolves quickly into a Bill Burr vs Louis CK argument and they really can't both be winners.

CK delves into a deeper level and reveals a darker soul. He's gone past Shit You Hate, past Shit You Fear, and often gets into Shit That Will Make You Hate Me

I guess CK has achieved that with his new film

He's more polished and introspective - his pace is slower. His body of work is larger. CK is the king. That's the answer I'm supposed to give. I'm okay with that. He just doesn't make me laugh out loud. I appreciate what he does though - just silently.

The truth prolly is that both are on the back side of the mountain tbh

Edit:

I rewatched the trailer.

Scene:
    CK & therapist

"A girl that age is getting into trouble & loves her Daddy. That means you're doing nothing."

That's pretty fucking true. If your daughter doesn't hate you as a teenager you're doing it wrong.

I'm trying to give CK a chance, okay?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-22-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Looks like he is next on the chopping block:

"Louis C.K.'s film premiere abruptly cancelled amid rumor there's a bombshell report about comedian in the works"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Looks like he is next on the chopping block:

"Louis C.K.'s film premiere abruptly cancelled amid rumor there's a bombshell report about comedian in the works"
    Name:  1510063651905.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  226.6 KB

Load Metric
    soooo no Louie season 6?

Load Metric
    This movie will be a cult classic in 10 years.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

I wish this was true....Louis CK, while extremely talented, strives to have so much of the same je ne sais quoi that Woody Allen has - but comes up short.

Sorry Tine, I am imagining you are either facepalming or shaking your head in disapproval.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; 11-09-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Holy shit I've been waiting for that chick to have a sexy role for like 10 years. It's about frickin time!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

I wish this was true....Louis CK, while extremely talented, strives to have so much of the same je ne sais quoi that Woody Allen has - but comes up short.

Sorry Tine, I am imagining you are either facepalming or shaking your head in disapproval.

I'm reserving judgement until I see details, but yeah this is not a good look.

Load Metric
    The story opens with the story of Chicago comedy duo Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov, who accepted CK’s invitation of a nightcap at the U.S. Aspen Comedy Arts Festival in Colorado in 2002. They would be together, so the women assumed they’d be safe, the story reports. As soon as they arrived at CK’s hotel room, CK asked if he could take out his penis, which Goodman and Wolov laughed off as a joke. Then, as Goodman puts it, “And then he really did it. He proceeded to take all of his clothes off, and get completely naked, and started masturbating.”

I've had worse dates.

Load Metric
    Oh man.... Looks like he studied the Weinstein playbook and acted on it.

Masturbating in front women is what I just heard for starters.

Load Metric
    Better things is still incredible

Thread Information