Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot As Fuck Peppers

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Not cold enough for chili imo. Get back to me in November
    Man you out your fucking mind? It aint never too hot, or never too cold, for chili.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Actually, I've heard that spicy foods cool your body down a bit and are ideal to eat in the Summer.

But I don't really care either way. Like Crowe said, any time is a good time for chili.
    Hot spicy foods can trick your body into thinking your head temperature is too high, causing your head (and face) to sweat to cool it off. This notion was actually tested to be dietary strategy to regulate body temperature in hotter climates, with researchers at the University of Arizona publishing a peer reviewed scholarly paper on the matter a number of years ago. Strange but true. That's why it's no coincidence that the hottest peppers are cultivated in the hottest biomes.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Hot spicy foods can trick your body into thinking your head temperature is too high, causing your head (and face) to sweat to cool it off. This notion was actually tested to be dietary strategy to regulate body temperature in hotter climates, with researchers at the University of Arizona publishing a peer reviewed scholarly paper on the matter a number of years ago. Strange but true. That's why it's no coincidence that the hottest peppers are cultivated in the hottest biomes.
    You should really preface stuff like that with "apparently..." or "I just looked it up, and it turns out..." We know you just googled that 5 minutes ago, there's no need to be so authoritative.

Comments

wrenchjockey: NAILED HIS ENTIRE GIG IN 35 WORDS

sonatine: This is extremely good posting.

Tellafriend: <applause>

Kuntmissioner: this advice will go unheeded, unfortunately

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Apparently - and I did just look this up - it turns out that Mumbles is a colossal fucktard.

Comments

SrslySirius: loooool
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    You should really preface stuff like that with "apparently..." or "I just looked it up, and it turns out..." We know you just googled that 5 minutes ago, there's no need to be so authoritative.

Dude, your user name should be "SrslyAssumingShit", because I knew about that matter from the late 1990s. I was in grad school in the Southwest back then, a U of Arizona graduate, and a trivia junky about such things for decades. So that story was of interest to me for lulz, and the personal connection seeing as the work was published by someone at my alma mater.

So, fuck the hell off with the "he just googled that 5 mins ago" shit. You don't know what the fuck what you're talking about in that matter.

Comments

sonatine: obviously someone googled 'rebuttal'

Tellafriend: which proves the value of a liberal arts education

wrenchjockey: had to google himself to find out where he went to school

SrslySirius: rude!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Something similar works with hot drinks, hence no one has ever said it's not cold enough to drink coffee/tea.

The gloves thing is prolly just so after you're done playing with peppers you don't blind yourself by touching your eyes or brow. Esp dried spices stick to the tip your fingers for hours. With really hot spices you only need nominal traces to somewhat forcibly shut your eye close for a good while.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Agree that the gloves are most likely so you don't get it in your eye later.

My mom has a major aversion to anything even slightly spicy.

Fortunately I didn't inherit that, though once something is super spicy to the point where I want to immediately reach for the water after swallowing each bite, it kinda kills the enjoyment of it.

It's always tough to explain to restaurants when something is listed as "spicy" that I like spicy, but not super-spicy, so I ask just how spicy they mean. The second I say anything, they immediately want to default to something super mild, which I don't want either.

Load Metric
    The glove thing is fairly simple. The oils in hot peppers are skin irritants, and being oil, won't always wash off so easily. Yeah it can fuck up your eyes, but its bad enough even if it only fucks with your hands. Once your fingers start burning, its hard as fuck to get them to stop. Lasts for hours.

Happened to me once, will never ever happen again. Was those goddamn haberneros. Fuck those things.

Load Metric
    I have made chili like 20 times for guests over the past 5 years so I know what I am talking about. You should always make chili mild or medium for guests. To make it overly spicy or hot is doing a total disservice to your guests. Maybe 2 outta 10 like it hot. The rest are going to take a few bites and put it down if its too spicy/hot.

The correct thing to do is make it mild to medium. Those that like it burning hot can dress it up with spices you leave on the table.

Like I said, I have made chili for guests like 20 times so I know what I am talking about.

Comments

Muck Ficon: :noose

JACKDANIELS: NEVER DOUBT THIS MAN

WillieMcFML: he knows what he's talking about guys

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian Bob View Post
    I have made chili like 20 times for guests over the past 5 years so I know what I am talking about. You should always make chili mild or medium for guests. To make it overly spicy or hot is doing a total disservice to your guests. Maybe 2 outta 10 like it hot. The rest are going to take a few bites and put it down if its too spicy/hot.

The correct thing to do is make it mild to medium. Those that like it burning hot can dress it up with spices you leave on the table.

Like I said, I have made chili for guests like 20 times so I know what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Not only will he energize a pissed off fan base in Houston, it would be marketing genius to take a local guy. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators in the same fashion he shocked Nick Saban (Alabama Head Coach).

If Houston trades down, they will regret this move for many years to come.

Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands, see picture below. People think the ball will get swatted out when he holds it away from his body. Not with hands like that, his pinky is the same size as his index. He also has a big arm and can chuck it 80 yards with tremendous accuracy. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Not only will he energize a pissed off fan base in Houston, it would be marketing genius to take a local guy. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators in the same fashion he shocked Nick Saban (Alabama Head Coach).

If Houston trades down, they will regret this move for many years to come.

Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands, see picture below. People think the ball will get swatted out when he holds it away from his body. Not with hands like that, his pinky is the same size as his index. He also has a big arm and can chuck it 80 yards with tremendous accuracy. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    1. I was on top of two bucks of scaffolding (16 ft) when one of the screw jack levelers broke and the scaffolding collapsed and I hit the ground flat on my back across the ladder that I used to get to the top.

You dumb ape. Next time don't walk on roofs drunk.

Comments

Muck Ficon: You calling someone a drunk lol.

Banned
    Load Metric
    1. I was on top of two bucks of scaffolding (16 ft) when one of the screw jack levelers broke and the scaffolding collapsed and I hit the ground flat on my back across the ladder that I used to get to the top.

You dumb ape. Next time don't walk on roofs drunk.

Load Metric
    HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT

Banned
    Load Metric
    I have made chili like 20 times for guests over the past 5 years so I know what I am talking about. You should always make chili mild or medium for guests.
    Maybe if I'm having some weak little bitches over for lunch I'll take that into consideration.

Actually, what are your plans this weekend?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Anyone up for a little Russian Roulette, pizza style?

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1341326

Load Metric
    Worked with a guy who was tasked with cleaning up a burst can of bear spray in his toolbox. He didn't wear the rubber gloves & then had to take a piss shortly after starting.

We called him

Name:  Hot Rod1.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  10.8 KB
    forever after that.

& no, his name was not Rod or any variation of it.

Comments

big dick: .
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    The glove thing is fairly simple. The oils in hot peppers are skin irritants, and being oil, won't always wash off so easily. Yeah it can fuck up your eyes, but its bad enough even if it only fucks with your hands. Once your fingers start burning, its hard as fuck to get them to stop. Lasts for hours.

Happened to me once, will never ever happen again. Was those goddamn haberneros. Fuck those things.
    Whole milk is a good eyewash for peppers, as the fat in the milk helps to pick up the fat-soluable capceisin(sp?). Learn that trick working in a kitchen in a Tex-Mex steakhouse while in college. Thought my eyeballs would burn out, water wasn't during anything. The barely-English-speaking Mexican lady who made the house chili from scratch saved my eyeballs that day with a few glasses of milk poured into my eyes. Or at least it felt that way. And I was wearing gloves handling rhe dried chili pepper pods, but I must have transfers some of chili dust onto my hands by how I handled the gloves after taking them off.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Whole milk is a good eyewash for peppers, as the fat in the milk helps to pick up the fat-soluable capceisin(sp?). Learn that trick working in a kitchen in a Tex-Mex steakhouse while in college. Thought my eyeballs would burn out, water wasn't during anything. The barely-English-speaking Mexican lady who made the house chili from scratch saved my eyeballs that day with a few glasses of milk poured into my eyes. Or at least it felt that way. And I was wearing gloves handling rhe dried chili pepper pods, but I must have transfers some of chili dust onto my hands by how I handled the gloves after taking them off.

Where did a Mexican get fresh milk?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

Where did a Mexican get fresh milk?
    Where most people working in restaurant kitchens get milk.

Name:  IMG_7846.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  12.8 KB

Thread Information