Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's about time -- Katie Holmes dumps Tom Cruise!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It's about time -- Katie Holmes dumps Tom Cruise!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/29/showbi...lit/index.html

First off, I want to say that Katie Holmes is looking rather old these days, given that she's only 34:

Name:  MV5BNTA2NjY5OTkzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE2NTkxNA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg
Views: 4508
Size:  15.4 KB

Keep in mind that she always had a very youthful, cute-young-girl look, and now she kinda has that middle-aged-soccer-mom look going on.

But I digress.

This marriage always looked terrible from what I observed. I think that Katie grew up in awe of Tom Cruise (as many girls did in the '80s and '90s), and it was like her girlhood dream to actually marry the guy. After all, Katie was never an A-list actress, and marrying Tom Cruise was kind of a big step up status-wise. I also believe she was legitimately still in awe of him when they got married, probably thinking to herself, "Wow, I can't believe I'm the girl who gets to marry Tom Cruise!"

Then it seemed to change very quickly.

I don't know if Tom Cruise is another closeted gay like John Travolta, but that isn't really the main issue here.

The real issue is that the guy is just weird. Between the scientology obsession, control issues, and erratic public behavior, I have to say that Cruise must have been terrible to live with. I can only imagine that Holmes thought to herself very early on, "This wasn't quite the life I had in mind when I thought about being Mrs. Tom Cruise."

Frankly, I'm surprised it took 7 years for her to dump him.

I wonder what kind of prenup he had in place.

Load Metric
    I think South Park really tilted the fuck out of this guy.

Also +1 on the Holmes looking old thing, fuck. There goes another one of my fantasies down the drain.

Banned
    Load Metric
    That's just an unflattering photo. She is still gorgeous imo. Here's another pic taken on the same day:

Load Metric
    She's always be Joey from Dawson's Creek to me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I think that Katie grew up in awe of Tom Cruise (as many girls did in the '80s and '90s), and it was like her girlhood dream to actually marry the guy.
    I always thought she was too young even for that.
    I mean she was 5 when he did Ricky Business and 8 when he did Top Gun, I know he is still a star, but as far as being on the cover of teen magazines, that had to have ended around then, way before she was a teenager.

It is and always has been a strange relationship.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    63. MORTON REPORT 06/22
    Rumours abound concerning the marriage of a famous couple, yet there is a bewildering silence in the media. Let’s call the pair Mr. and Mrs. VIP - I’m not even saying whether they are British. Recently, Mrs. VIP failed to turn up to an event that she might reasonably have been expected to attend. Strangely, the media scarcely mentioned the fact. Meanwhile, the whispers say that Mr. and Mrs. VIP are no longer together and are using the excuse of busy lives as a cover. The theory is that they won’t announce the split for family reasons. Maybe, but a divorce would also mean the disentangling of considerable wealth and property interests...and a lot of secrets still bind this couple together. There is already one privacy agreement with the media in place regarding a past incident, and the continuation of the Leveson Inquiry into press ethics might explain the reluctance of even the hardest-nosed British papers to expose the situation: so we have stalemate. This suits Mr. and Mrs. VIP as they don’t want nosy parker journalists taking a close look at their life, or heaven forbid, some forensic biographer shining a flashlight into the dark corners of their union. The funny friends? The magic millions? Oh no! So expect a choreographed Hollywood-style loving couple appearance with cheesy smiles this summer. And it’s not Charles and Camilla. The ‘$300 million divorce’ exists only in the fantasyland of US tabloids. No names, please, in the comments: TMR is read in some very high places. UPDATE: As for Mr. & Mrs. VIP in this report - well, would you believe it: a few days after TMR published my forecast 'so expect a choreographed Hollywood-style loving couple appearance with cheesy smiles this summer,' it was announced that Mrs. VIP will soon be alongside her husband at a big event. Hope she recognizes him- it's a long time since they were seen together!
    famous couple: Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes
    event: Friars Icon Award
    forensic flashlight: who is Suri's father?

Great consolidation of celebrity gossip:
    http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/MAINPAGE.html

Pre Scientology and Cruise:

Last edited by bukowski72; 06-29-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I remember her most from Disturbing Behavior when she exposed her titty.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    I remember her most from Disturbing Behavior when she exposed her titty.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    joe dimaggio once called tom cruise a strange little man.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I wonder what kind of prenup he had in place.
    When they married to great fanfare and with much opulence in an Italian castle in November 2006, talk not only centered on bride Katie Holmes' wedding dress but also on her prenuptial agreement with the groom. The details? For each year the couple stay married, the Dawson's Creek actress collects $3million - to a maximum of $33 million after 11 years - as well as their palatial home in California. If their marriage had lasted more than 11 years, Holmes would have received half of Cruises’s reportedly $250 million fortune. After filing for divorce less than six years later, according to the agreement, Katie should only be entitled to $15 million as well as the couple's $35 million Beverly Hills Mansion.But with an estate worth upwards of $275 million, Katie is expected to seek much more and there is already intense speculation as to how much she will collect when the papers are signed.

CALIFORNIA DIVORCE LAW
    Because the couple lived in Beverly Hills, California law will be applied to the separation of assets. California is a community property state, so normally a couple's assets must be split evenly in divorce. Any money earned would be split 50/50 as would any debt either Tom or Katie incurred during their marriage. But the prenuptial agreement signed before they tied the knot in 2006 will change all that.

Sources reveal the 33-year-old is asking for a 'suitable amount' of child support, as well as a division of property, though no mention was made of the prenuptial agreement in divorce papers.
    Also who gets the kid?
    Last edited by rickastley; 06-30-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Load Metric
    Like Druff said, I wonder why she stayed with him so long. I have no idea if there is any truth to it, but I heard that per the prenup after 5 years of marriage certain entitlements kicked in. It seems they have been married over 6 years though. Maybe she was planning her escape for the last year, getting lawyers in place etc.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Like Druff said, I wonder why she stayed with him so long. I have no idea if there is any truth to it, but I heard that per the prenup after 5 years of marriage certain entitlements kicked in. It seems they have been married over 6 years though. Maybe she was planning her escape for the last year, getting lawyers in place etc.
    spouses, especially women ponder divorce for a couple of years, trying to muster the courage to leave their partner

when one considers that its tom cruise, a person of great power, be it perceived or not, i imagine she realized she wanted out pretty much early on

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In so many words according to Mimi, Tom needs a penis extention...

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    She's always be Joey from Dawson's Creek to me.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    I always thought Katie Holmes was a 6-7 on her best days......just sayin.

Load Metric
    The article sites "parenting differences" as the reason for the divorce. Were the differences that Katie didn't believe dads should have sex with their masseurs?
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    The article sites "parenting differences" as the reason for the divorce. Were the differences that Katie didn't believe dads should have sex with their masseurs?
    Sex with masseurs? I think that was Travolta!
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Oh right. For some reason, I just think of Tom Cruise as one of those closet Hollywood gays. Maybe it was just the Scientology weirdness.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post

Thread Information