Thread: Tragicly Hip's Good Downey DD at 53

Load Metric

Tragicly Hip's Gord Downey DD at 53

Sad Day for Canada...

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  7.0 KB

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment...obit-1.4359906

Gord Downie, the Tragically Hip frontman who united a diverse array of music lovers with his commanding stage presence and Canadiana-laced lyrics, has died.

He was 53.

Downie had an aggressive and incurable form of brain cancer called glioblastoma, which he discovered after a seizure in December 2015.

He died Tuesday night surrounded by his children and family, according to a statement on the band's website.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 10-18-2017 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Sorry for Title miss spell auto correct got me
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Sad indeed. One of my favorite bands. They never really caught on in the states but they were like national treasures in Canada. I last saw them live about 10 years ago at the house of blues in LA.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: tragically hip live was the best

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    Sad indeed. One of my favorite bands. They never really caught on in the states but they were like national treasures in Canada. I last saw them live about 10 years ago at the house of blues in LA.
    They were the best live, I saw them multiple times in Whistler small venue... The Boot Pub with mostly out of control hard partying ski bum's

Name:  the-tragically-hip.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  548.1 KB
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    They were the best live, I saw them multiple times in Whistler small venue... The Boot Pub with mostly out of control hard partying ski bum's

Name:  the-tragically-hip.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  548.1 KB
    The house of blues was a fairly small place. Met some Canadians that drove from Canada to see them in a small venue because they only played sold out stadiums at
    Home.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

Baron Von Strucker:
    Last edited by limitles; 10-18-2017 at 08:22 AM.

Load Metric
    RIP, too bad I never saw them live.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: watch there last show on video its top top
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

Comments

Baron Von Strucker:

big dick: homo
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Canadas Prime Minister makes emotional statement about Gord Downie...

out of rep today but all replies deserve green

Comments

Deal: green for you sir

hutmaster:
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    The hip and Gord specifically was so popular here. When Gord announced his brain cancer and they had their last fairwell tour stop in Kingston the CBC televised the whole 2 plus hour concert without commercials on a Saturday night. The ratings had 1/3 of all Canadian households watching but that number is low because so many of us had company over to watch it. The whole fucking country loved this band yet hardly any Americans know of them. That's amazing. Distinctly Canadian band and the fact they didn't catch in America makes them more special.

The conservative talk radio station today played Hip songs and took calls from fans all fucking day. Not one shot at Trudeau or talk of Wynn and her hydro fuckups. School teachers skipped lessons and played Hip songs. It's like when a Beetle dies but isolated to just one country. Amazing times.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: wish he lived longer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    The hip and Gord specifically was so popular here. When Gord announced his brain cancer and they had their last fairwell tour stop in Kingston the CBC televised the whole 2 plus hour concert without commercials on a Saturday night. The ratings had 1/3 of all Canadian households watching but that number is low because so many of us had company over to watch it. The whole fucking country loved this band yet hardly any Americans know of them. That's amazing. Distinctly Canadian band and the fact they didn't catch in America makes them more special.

The conservative talk radio station today played Hip songs and took calls from fans all fucking day. Not one shot at Trudeau or talk of Wynn and her hydro fuckups. School teachers skipped lessons and played Hip songs. It's like when a Beetle dies but isolated to just one country. Amazing times.
    my ex, a Canadian girl, showed me this band. I otherwise would've never heard.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: hope you enjoyed

Thread Information