Thread: Duplicate Poker??

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Duplicate Poker??

Have any of you played duplicate poker before? I remember trying it a few years ago but preferred regular poker so I never tried it again. Is it legit? I saw a new site that claims its legal because of some "skill" element. I prefer regular poker but what's a US player to do

Lacey Jones is sponsoring this site (skillbet) and the site looks pretty professional, thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by craftbeerdrinker View Post
    Have any of you played duplicate poker before? I remember trying it a few years ago but preferred regular poker so I never tried it again. Is it legit? I saw a new site that claims its legal because of some "skill" element. I prefer regular poker but what's a US player to do

Lacey Jones is sponsoring this site (skillbet) and the site looks pretty professional, thoughts?
    I played it, and it was terrible.

It isn't even skill-based, because it's more about how much you win with certain cards versus other people, and the problem is that it also depends on your opponent versus other people's opponents.

So if you have AA and the guy against you decides to fold his JJ preflop, you don't win much. If a guy at another table with the same AA gets a monkey to stack off big with JJ, you will likely lose the round through no fault of your own.

The whole thing is a clusterfuck, and sounds way better in theory than it is in practice.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    i like it, wish it was back

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    everyone plays different, someone should come up with a new site like this, awesome

yes it is skill

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    everyone plays different, someone should come up with a new site like this, awesome

yes it is skill
    Did you read what I wrote about it above?

What is your answer to that?

I'm telling you, Duplicate Poker was both boring and ill-conceived.

Thread Information