Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard from the Templar?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    From the pms I'm getting alot more will be coming out soon. Theres no reason to pm me and ask if you should be concerned. YES you should!
    What does this mean? "alot more will be coming out soon"? Why and how should we be concerned?

Load Metric
    Can anyone let me know what episode and aroubnd what time that he spoke on radio about his life? I have never heard him on radio except for when he was helping me out

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    From the pms I'm getting alot more will be coming out soon. Theres no reason to pm me and ask if you should be concerned. YES you should!
    What does this mean? "alot more will be coming out soon"? Why and how should we be concerned?
    From some pms I've got I think hes personally scammed more people then what I know.

Load Metric
    It's in the Radio Archives:

PokerFraudAlert Radio - 05/09/2012 - Spontaneous Radio #2
    Brandon "Drexel" Gerson and Todd "Dan Druff" Witteles spontaneously decide to do a 3+-hour show discussing a variety of topics. "Vpplayer" calls in to tell us about Peter "peterdc" Falcone's arrest in Los Angeles. The Iceman joins us for a segment to discuss the rumors of his ban from the Aria. "The Templar" calls in and talks about his baseball days playing with superstar Josh Hamilton, plus tells us a weird story about being a prison photoshopper. We give some breaking news on the Pokerstars/Full Tilt sale, and even spend a bit of time talking about the gay sexual harassment allegations against John Travolta. Druff talks about his brief experience on the dating site PlentyOfFish.com in 2009, when he ran into a Jesus freak.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    It's in the Radio Archives:

PokerFraudAlert Radio - 05/09/2012 - Spontaneous Radio #2
    Brandon "Drexel" Gerson and Todd "Dan Druff" Witteles spontaneously decide to do a 3+-hour show discussing a variety of topics. "Vpplayer" calls in to tell us about Peter "peterdc" Falcone's arrest in Los Angeles. The Iceman joins us for a segment to discuss the rumors of his ban from the Aria. "The Templar" calls in and talks about his baseball days playing with superstar Josh Hamilton, plus tells us a weird story about being a prison photoshopper. We give some breaking news on the Pokerstars/Full Tilt sale, and even spend a bit of time talking about the gay sexual harassment allegations against John Travolta. Druff talks about his brief experience on the dating site PlentyOfFish.com in 2009, when he ran into a Jesus freak.
    I feel like such an idiot I heard this show and didnt realize it was the templar, or I would have known 100% hes a scammer when he told me over the phone that he borrowed Layne Flack $7500, and then Layne stopped answering his phone, so he walked into Bobby's room and all the high stakes games were going and hes like where's Layne Flack and Their like why, and hes like he owes me $7500 and they all breakout laughing and Negreanu makes some comment to him. Then Zigmund said I owe layne 11k and threw him 8k in chips, and he walked out and told everyone else to go fuck themselves. Obvious I didn't believe this I just thought he was a bser

Load Metric
    I wonder if Templar has a neck tattoo.

Load Metric
    its just a misunerstanding imo

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    Im not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but hopefully Templar has just ran into a "situation".
    It has only been a few days, but it doesnt look good.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    If that's the case, I hope the guy is ok.
    Considering his posting and twitter history, his disappearance since June 26 is more than a bit concerning. Hope he didn't get himself locked up again, or worse.

Load Metric
    He just posted on twitter that he is in the hospital from having a stroke. I believe him because that is way too weird of a thing to make up for a middle aged guy to have wrong with him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    He just posted on twitter that he is in the hospital from having a stroke. I believe him because that is way too weird of a thing to make up for a middle aged guy to have wrong with him.
    Damn, that SUCKS!

Or, as The Templar would say, "That sucks, bro."

Load Metric
    he even posted the phone number for his hospital room. call him if you think he lieing. im pretty sure he wouldn't make that shit up and give out the number for no reason.

Load Metric
    John Sep ‏@TrupQQ
    Just called Albany med center and spoke to @TemplarDirect he's there. Crisis averted. Someone post this on PFA I'm not home.

Load Metric
    Hey guys just talked to Templar on the phone. I have to admit I thought there ws a chance he was in jail but a medical situation never crossed my mind. I completely jumped the gun on this maybe because of being scammed before, and it was never about the money. I really did start the thread to see if anyone had heard from him, but I should have waited longer before accusing him of anything, but as I just told him some of his stories didn't add up. That said it seems the guy had a stroke then has to deal with this instead of worrying about his own health which is 100% my fault. I had pms telling me things that made me believe he was scamming for sure, but I was wrong, and I take full responsibilty. I will no longer post on here or anywhere anymore. I will still listen to the show and donate money occassionally, but nomatter how this turned out I was planning on being done with online stuff.

Templar says hes doing ok, and should be able to see out of his bad eye someday. I wish the best for him now flame away.

Load Metric
    Hey guys just talked to Templar on the phone. I have to admit I thought there ws a chance he was in jail but a medical situation never crossed my mind. I completely jumped the gun on this maybe because of being scammed before, and it was never about the money. I really did start the thread to see if anyone had heard from him, but I should have waited longer before accusing him of anything, but as I just told him some of his stories didn't add up. That said it seems the guy had a stroke then has to deal with this instead of worrying about his own health which is 100% my fault. I had pms telling me things that made me believe he was scamming for sure, but I was wrong, and I take full responsibilty. I will no longer post on here or anywhere anymore. I will still listen to the show and donate money occassionally, but nomatter how this turned out I was planning on being done with online stuff.

Templar says hes doing ok, and should be able to see out of his bad eye someday. I wish the best for him now flame away.
    Considering you were recently scammed most reasonable peopled on here will give you a pass on this one
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Maybe Druff can form a private forum in the future. It could work along these lines, a poster would submit a request to the private group to air a public complaint about a fellow member, and only after time and a thorough review would the complaint go public. He can set up minimum dollar amount for a dispute to be presented to this private group.

Now and forever when someone searches the user name Templar, this thread will appear and some people won't read the whole thread to get the truth. I believe sites like this are a good tool, and a great weapon when used properly against a deserving individual. But there has to be protections out there for the innocent (I've heard there are a few of those).
    Last edited by vpplayer; 06-29-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Load Metric

Dude, no reason to quit the site. You jumped the gun, but it's pretty understandable. As I said yesterday, it was the hospital, bender, or you were being dodged. That he wasn't online wasn't a coincidence. Given that the dude is 29 and this is poker, the last option was the far more likely choice, but this happened to be the weird situation where it was A. I would think even Templar would agree with what he would have thought in the situation.

Get well Templar, and I'm glad you aren't a scammer, but I wish you were in the drunk tank rather than the hospital.

edit- I kind of agree with VPP. Maybe Druff should have some system in place. He wants the random from out of nowhere to show up and be able to unload, but it also can cause issues on occasion.(shadyJ isn't random, I mean a guy from 2+2) The thing is, 99% of the time the accuser is telling the truth when it's been a length of time, but when it's only been a few days is where the trouble occurs. Maybe Druff has to approve any accusations where the accused is still within a reasonable time frame of not replying.
    Last edited by BCR; 06-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Load Metric
    Shady J jumped the gun a bit but its all good, the guy was JUST scammed by someone else so he has to be edgy. I wouldn't sweat it ShadyJ

Platinum
    Load Metric
    ShadyJ should go back and edit his first post with a clarification (as I suggested yesterday) and then delete the rest of his posts from this thread.

Druff might be want to set up a special email address or get people to put a special header into pms to him regarding possible scammers on the forum as well.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    ShadyJ should go back and edit his first post with a clarification (as I suggested yesterday) and then delete the rest of his posts from this thread.

Druff might be want to set up a special email address or get people to put a special header into pms to him regarding possible scammers on the forum as well.
    Provided all works out, why not just nuke this thread entirely?

Thread Information