Thread: ***OFFICIAL 17-18 NBA THREAD***

Load Metric

***OFFICIAL 17-18 NBA THREAD***

Seasons close to starting, my local Blazers look again to be a boring middle of the road team, no fun. I'm pumped to try to catch Philly games, that team could be pretty sick if they can stay healthy.....Embiid obviously but mainly Ben Simmons. Him as a primary ball-handler could wreck just about every other good team. They could go big with a lineup of Simmons/Reddick/Covington/Saric/Embiid and teams with weak, small pg's (Curry, Lillard etc) can't hide them on anyone. Should be fun to watch.

(GS still gonna win it all again)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    wondering if the rise of multiple "super teams" are gonna make this season worth watching come playoff time since it's gonna be damn near impossible to beat the warriors unless they suffer multiple injuries/suspensions...

as far as the 6ers go, its a good thing the iggles are off to such a great start...the city could give a rats ass about the 6ers as long as the iggles have a chance to do something this year which will take the pressure of these guys for what i'm guessing will be the first 20-30 games of their season...think that's gonna be important with this bunch considering they'll be starting two pure rookies in simmons and fultz and an almost quasi-rookie in embiid who doesn't even have a half of a season of games under his belt...

Load Metric
    the "position-less" trend that is developing will throw the league into some chaos in a few years I think. the small-ball, all 3's revolution is already hitting its endpoint....the next stage is go big again, but with guys who can be big and be a de-facto PG. MIL already doing it with Greek Freak, Simmons maybe now in Philly.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Golden State dominance has made me lose interest in the NBA.

Why even have a regular season if we know it's going to be Golden State versus some inferior team from the East in the Finals?

What's the point?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Why even have a regular season if we know it's going to be Golden State versus some inferior team from the East in the Finals?

What's the point?
    Wasn't it like this with the Lakers from 2000-2002?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

What's the point?
    thing is with those laker teams, if they lost kobe or shaq they weren't gonna win it all...im gonna guess that you could take away one of GS top 4 players and they'd still be a favorite to win the whole thing as sick as that sounds...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    thing is with those laker teams, if they lost kobe or shaq they weren't gonna win it all...im gonna guess that you could take away one of GS top 4 players and they'd still be a favorite to win the whole thing as sick as that sounds...
    2000 Lakers almost lost to Portland in the Western Conference Finals.

2002 Lakers almost lost to Sac in that same round.

Golden State is on a different level.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    the "position-less" trend that is developing will throw the league into some chaos in a few years I think. the small-ball, all 3's revolution is already hitting its endpoint....the next stage is go big again, but with guys who can be big and be a de-facto PG. MIL already doing it with Greek Freak, Simmons maybe now in Philly.
    interesting take on the 3 ball revolution...analytics seems to be in love with that way of playing basketball...im wondering if it'll ever go back to where it was in the 70s/80s where you had the legit centers who did nothing but play in the low post...your moses malones/ewings/hakeems/kareems those type guys who are pretty much shunned by today's NBA when back in the 70s/80s a dominant big man was though to be the key to winning titles...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    interesting take on the 3 ball revolution...analytics seems to be in love with that way of playing basketball...im wondering if it'll ever go back to where it was in the 70s/80s where you had the legit centers who did nothing but play in the low post...your moses malones/ewings/hakeems/kareems those type guys who are pretty much shunned by today's NBA when back in the 70s/80s a dominant big man was though to be the key to winning titles...
    the three ball will remain, but just bigger and bigger players on the court. Guys who are 6'10" being groomed as PG's.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    posted this in the wagering thread, but figured i'd post it here as well since this is the ***official*** thread...

anybody have any NBA O/Us worth looking at?

was thinking Minny U 48.5 (-139) and Philly U 39.5 (-133)...prices are a little steep on these guys...

was reading Zach lowe's recent article breaking down where the teams rank and he said he thought minny would be lucky to win 50...like the team, but when you start to breakdown the west you have GS, SA, HOU, OKC at the top with POR, UTH, DEN being feisty and LAC still being there...tough road to 50...

philly...just like the under because of the hype...no doubt the talent is there, but it is literally a bunch of rookies and a couple of 2nd-3rd year guys...prove you can win, prove you can stay healthy...

NOP U 40 (-107) you could probably talk me into because boogie while being uber talented is a net negative and mental case and I'm sure he'll manage to drag that team into the shit heap...

MIA O 43.5 (-122)...man spolestra can coach and managed to coax 41 wins outta his team last year...this line seems about right, but can he get those extra 3 wins? the east I believe is worse than it was last year (don't know how the fuck that is humanly possible) so that might be enough for him to get there...

going to fire on MIN/PHL either tonight or tomorrow, but am willing to hear arguments on all of these...

Thread Information