Thread: Son of syndicated radio host Delilah commits suicide

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Son of syndicated radio host Delilah commits suicide

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/...th-radio-host/

If you've scanned up and down your radio dial since 1996, you've probably run into Delilah. She's a Christian woman who does a low-key syndicated show, mainly dispensing advice in between songs.

I always found Delilah to be annoying and changed the station when she was on.

I never bothered to look into her personal life. I knew she was somewhat older than me, but not really old.

Well, apparently she has 13 kids (!!), ten of whom were adopted, and has been married four times.

One of her children died a few years ago from Sickle Cell Anemia. He was adopted from west Africa, and already had the disease when she got him.

It was just announced that one of her other children, Zachariah Rene, suffered from depression and killed himself. He appears to have been in his late teens.

But WTF?

How can you have a successful syndicated daily radio program AND care for 13 kids?

Is this some sort of ego thing?

It actually robs kids of proper parental guidance, as the parent (especially a busy one) is stretched way too thin.

Now, most of her adopted kids were from Africa, so presumably they're in a better situation with her than where they were before.

However, Zacariah was white and healthy (other than the depression issue), so either he would have been better off adopted by a different family (because there would have been high demand for him), or if he was a natural child, she robbed him of valuable time with her by adopting all of these other kids.

While I can't blame Delilah for his suicide, clearly she would have had more time to deal with him and his issues if she had fewer children, and perhaps he would still be alive today.

LOL celebrities

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/...th-radio-host/

If you've scanned up and down your radio dial since 1996, you've probably run into Delilah. She's a Christian woman who does a low-key syndicated show, mainly dispensing advice in between songs.

I always found Delilah to be annoying and changed the station when she was on.

I never bothered to look into her personal life. I knew she was somewhat older than me, but not really old.

Well, apparently she has 13 kids (!!), ten of whom were adopted, and has been married four times.

One of her children died a few years ago from Sickle Cell Anemia. He was adopted from west Africa, and already had the disease when she got him.

It was just announced that one of her other children, Zachariah Rene, suffered from depression and killed himself. He appears to have been in his late teens.

But WTF?

How can you have a successful syndicated daily radio program AND care for 13 kids?

Is this some sort of ego thing?

It actually robs kids of proper parental guidance, as the parent (especially a busy one) is stretched way too thin.

Now, most of her adopted kids were from Africa, so presumably they're in a better situation with her than where they were before.

However, Zacariah was white and healthy (other than the depression issue), so either he would have been better off adopted by a different family (because there would have been high demand for him), or if he was a natural child, she robbed him of valuable time with her by adopting all of these other kids.

While I can't blame Delilah for his suicide, clearly she would have had more time to deal with him and his issues if she had fewer children, and perhaps he would still be alive today.

LOL celebrities

Just two things.

1) Having "mom" at home more would not have cured or prevented his suicide, imo.
    2) In todays day and age women can do it all so we could also ask, where was dad?

Logical opinions now a days come up against feminist slogans and anti oppression speech by those affected. No one takes pride in actually being a real parent, sad but true.

Load Metric
    Well.....look on the bright side.........she now has material for a solid 3 months...
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Just two things.

1) Having "mom" at home more would not have cured or prevented his suicide, imo.
    2) In todays day and age women can do it all so we could also ask, where was dad?

Logical opinions now a days come up against feminist slogans and anti oppression speech by those affected. No one takes pride in actually being a real parent, sad but true.
    I don't know.

I can't say that having mom's attention would have stopped him from killing himself, but it couldn't have hurt.

Clinical depression happens on its own and there's no miracle cure for it, but at the same time, lacking a support system (especially as a young person) can have devastating results.

It's possible that having a loving mother there for him could have been enough to prevent this.

Load Metric
    Maybe she did everything from home.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    So Druff is the guy still listening to radio.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Can't stand her show but I have nothing witty to say about this. I can't imagine the pain of a child dying before the parent, especially by committing suicide.

Didn't know she doesn't choose the music. How does she dedicate the song to the caller and not know what's playing?
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Married 4 fucking times. Somehow has the need to have an army of adopted kids.

I don't need to know much more than that to figure out the bitch is a psychopath of some sort.

Load Metric
    I wonder if she will dedicate a song to him on her next show?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Can't stand her show but I have nothing witty to say about this. I can't imagine the pain of a child dying before the parent, especially by committing suicide.

Didn't know she doesn't choose the music. How does she dedicate the song to the caller and not know what's playing?
    I was wrong about the music being voice tracked. I confused this with the John Tesh show, which ran on the same station in LA.

I agree this would be extremely painful, and I'm sure Delilah legitimately feels awful about it, hence her taking time off of radio after this.

However, I'm thinking something has to be wrong with a woman who gets divorced 4 times and has 13 kids, 10 of whom are adopted.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

I was wrong about the music being voice tracked. I confused this with the John Tesh show, which ran on the same station in LA.

I agree this would be extremely painful, and I'm sure Delilah legitimately feels awful about it, hence her taking time off of radio after this.

However, I'm thinking something has to be wrong with a woman who gets divorced 4 times and has 13 kids, 10 of whom are adopted.
    Yes and you can add to the list being super-Christian. All 3 are indications that something is wrong inside and is not being dealt with.
    HILLARY WON

Thread Information