Thread: opinions on the top 20 posters of neverwinpoker (old article from nwp)

Load Metric

opinions on the top 20 posters of neverwinpoker (old article from nwp)

I don't remember who wrote this. It's on their news site.

My opinion of the top 20 posters on this site (postcount)
    06/10/2008 - 01:58 submitted by poker-forum

Forum News

Almost 4 years and 10k post on nwp. Here's my opinion on the top 20 posters by post count in my standard 1 to 2 sentence posting style.

CTH - Consistant and solid poster, I feel like me and him are war buddies since we came around the same time and have stuck with nwp for better or worse. I've also seen alot of solid movies due to his legendary movie threads.

Felon - Has been the center of nwp for a long while now, generally agree with him for the most part when he calls out people on here, jewdonk shennanigans were rough to witness but it's felon and I've rarely seen anyone come close to "pwning" him.

IndianaSlim - I remember him being a solid poster, diggy came around and he went on some type of year long acid trip of posting. Most of the time I missed the humor in it, hes been a long advocate of free speech on this site and calls out any over modding in a heart beat.

WeissMAN - Hated and loved by nwp, battles randomly, makes truces fairly easily. Easily one of the top HU players on the site. AIM buddies, will meet up with in AC eventually.

michael - Out of no where this guy came to nwp and tore the place up, was easily one of the most hated posters on the site for quite some time. (still is to a degree) it took me months to be convinced he wasnt the ultimate dupe. Has a solid track record at omaha and will continue to give the nwp hierarchy rim jobs. I do admire his interest and respect for the past on here.

Epistate - Epi can do no wrong on nwp, does anyone really hate epi? While banging the sauce would be most peoples claim to fame on nwp, its overshadowed by his solid posting and vast knowledge through documentaries.

macon marc - macon has backed off nwp quite a bit since the "golden age" of nwp when movie threads, and morning crew thread reigned supreme and there wasn't any black cocks to be found. Always respected for not sucking any vegas douche crew dick.

Longshanks - Was hated by many, I agreed with him and the battles he picked on here for the most part. Hasnt been on nwp in months, really hope he returns and not in some weak sauce way like harvester.

scottyno - Part of 3 members on this site who took more abuse (mostly through photoshop) then most anyone ever has on here. All became exceptionally wealthy through poker. Has dropped off only posting occasionally.

ship - I consider ship part of the second generation of old schoolers on nwp, solid poster earned his respect here like few have.

CheckRaise - I didn't realize how many people disliked him until the bag checkraise thread that recently occured. I think he post the way he does to get people worked up. Otherwise I think hes a solid poster.

Slim1988 - Legend of hate, Old school all the way. I can't recall anyone ever coming remotely close and owning him on here. He has also dropped off from posting recently.

liquidsyphon - oldschool, ive been here almost 4 years so ya nwp is kind of serious business to me.

HelloThere - Cracks me up the majority of the time he post. Spits hate and hot pics of girls what could be a better fit for nwp.

DanDruff - I've busted on druff for years, mostly towards his modding and other egotistcal post. Everything else he post is gold and it would probably be safe to say that more people read a druff post then anyone elses. As of recent fckvwls took over nazi mod duty, and in a crazy turn of events its druff thats speaking out for the people against micon who really has no clue what goes on in nwp land.

micon - Hated on micon for years as well, generally for his lack of knowledge about the forums and the poor exectutive decisions he makes. He is absolute solid gold on the radio and I think could have a decent thing going if he wasn't so fucking lazy. In all honestly he does let us pretty much do whatever we want and say whatever we want. This is what makes nwp unique and the "bad apple" of poker forums which I take pride in.

FckVwls - From her days of licking any girls vagina that happend to stop in to her current nazi modding days I've always disliked her as a poster. Gotta give her props though, she takes this place seriously and you can tell this place means alot to her, shes absolutely solid on the photoshop front and occassionally makes good modding deicisions if we harass her enough.

es0terix - Was akward from the start, kinda of like michael but less dick sucking. You could tell her took nwp very seriously but it didn't matter he was hilarious and he brought walt flannigan with him. He blew up huge with the poker news stuff and left nwp completely. The vip forum has seemed to inspire him to post on a regular basis now.

Hugh Chardon - Another poster that has seemed to come out of retirement with the help of the VIP forum, easily one of the most respected posters on the site, and probably second oldest to deleware.

twoplustwo - You could tell after his first couple months he was just a kid trying so hard to fit in. If there was a bandwagon he'd jump on it. Rolled a member on here and dissapeared only to rarely stop by and lurk and maybe throw a post down once every 6 months. He's also a midget.

Load Metric
    I miss so many of these guys

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    I don't remember who wrote this.

liquidsyphon - oldschool, ive been here almost 4 years so ya nwp is kind of serious business to me.

Comments

michael:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Liquidsyphon was GOD

I probably played 5000 SNGs with him

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    liquidsyphon really did troll me a lot.

Then I met him in person (as part of a NWP group meetup) and he was very nice.

Then he stopped trolling me for awhile.

Then he started again.

Then he vanished.

I do wonder where some of these guys went, and if any at least lurk on PFA.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Then he started again.

Then he vanished.

FWIW when me gerdy psyhon and hoser went out with Miri and Jenn Fox he told Miri "you are only with todd for his money"...... he also asked jenn fox "why are you such a bitch?" he had a valid concern with that point tho

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

Then he started again.

Then he vanished.

FWIW when me gerdy psyhon and hoser went out with Miri and Jenn Fox he told Miri "you are only with todd for his money"...... he also asked jenn fox "why are you such a bitch?" he had a valid concern with that point tho
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    HALF THOSE GUYS ARE ATINE DUPES
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Then he started again.

Then he vanished.

That's right, I forgot about that.

He got super smashed and said that. When I was around him, he acted really nice and softspoken around me. I didn't hear about this comment until much later.

BTW I only made real $ after I had been with Miri for 2 years. I didn't blow up in poker until 03, and she and I were together since 01.

Load Metric
    have we confirmed if the scotty no on here is the real scotty no? I think it is, its weird tho. Scotty No was pretty nice on the other forums, and on here hes like way over the top mean, like all he does is post mean things. I still think its likely him tho

Load Metric

That's right, I forgot about that.

He got super smashed and said that. When I was around him, he acted really nice and softspoken around me. I didn't hear about this comment until much later.

BTW I only made real $ after I had been with Miri for 2 years. I didn't blow up in poker until 03, and she and I were together since 01.
    lol you don't have to explain shit to us. i'm just telling you what he said

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  the-adventures-of-pete-and-pete-artie.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  56.7 KB

Comments

sonatine: WOOOOWWWWWWWW

michael: hof

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Syphon was the first guy to stake me off NWP, as well as be the first person to talk with me on AIM.

Nice guy. Think he got a broad and as a result spent less time online. Horrible sense of fashion though.

Load Metric
    Whatever happened to macon?

Also,how did esoterix pass?

Anyone heard from Longshanks or cth?

I don't think any of those guys made it to the spinoff sites

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_4547.PNG
Views: 432
Size:  469.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    Whatever happened to macon?

Also,how did esoterix pass?

Anyone heard from Longshanks or cth?

I don't think any of those guys made it to the spinoff sites
    Macon hooked up with an older chick not from forums. She was pretty (at least when I last saw her as of a decade ago), but looked her age, which I think was the same as mine. She had family $ and he eventually moved in with her. He left forums around that time, but was occasionally seen around the Bellagio. I haven't seen him (or heard of anyone else seeing him) in at least 4 years.

Es0terix was plagued with constant health problems. He had pancreatitis and was hospitalized only a few months before he died. I remember being one of the few from NWP to go visit him in the hospital (Miri was along with me for the visit), which he said he appreciated. He was overweight, so that probably didn't help matters, but his health issues were congenital, and his death was likely unavoidable. I don't remember the exact cause of death being disclosed, but it was something natural (that is, something in his body just failed). He was a very nice guy and I was really sad to hear the news of his passing, which occurred in April 2009.

Longshanks left forums for good when his identity was ascertained by someone. He asked me to remove some of his racist posts from NWP once this happened, and I agreed to do so. I tried to ask him to stay -- even offering to completely change his forum identity -- but he politely refused and left these forums for good.

cth showed up here a few years ago and confessed to having been a very overweight, socially awkward 16-year-old at the time he first showed up on NWP. (He had pretended to be in his 20s at the time, and people believed him.) He claimed that his life very much changed for the better in the years since he left the forums. He posted here for a little bit, then vanished again.

Load Metric

Comments

Gordman: Welcome back!

sonatine: god of gods

tony bagadonuts: Weiss is nice
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    well well well

Thread Information